The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-14-2018, 04:06 PM   #1
SchreinerM

Photo request: Brake linkage

Hi guys, I must of missed this area when taking tear down photos however many years (and years and years) ago I pulled the booster off the truck. Does anyone have any photos that show how the linkage is all hooked up between the booster and the firewall?

Obviously the linkage in the center of the photo slides down between the booster / firewall brackets. But which push rod attaches to which linkage hole (meaning does the rod from the interior go to the middle hole or the bottom one; same question for the push rod from the booster). And I assume these connections use pins with cotter pins (not bolts). Is that correct?

Thanks!
Attached Images

SchreinerM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 07:09 PM   #2
sprint_9

Re: Photo request: Brake linkage

You have it assembled onto the firewall wrong/upside down. The hole at the top of your picture that has no bolt in it goes down by the steering column. Once you have it that way on the firewall then there is a pin that goes through the bottom hole, and then the linkage from the brake pedal through the firewall hooks to the middle hole, and then the booster to the top hole.

This is the best pic I have, but it shows how the brackets should be oriented on the firewall. Hopefully it gets you in the right direction, it took me awhile to remember how it went when I mocked mine up, too many things to try and remember.
Attached Images

sprint_9 is offline   Reply With Quote