The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-02-2015, 11:04 AM   #1
cjoenny89

fuel gauge updates

Ok I pulled the brown wire of fuse block and turned key on and gauge went from 1/4 full to like 4 or 5 o'clock position way past full. plugged it back up and turned key on it went to empty.
I ohmed out the wire un-hooked from the fuse block to the tank connection to see if the wire was good and it was good but it also shows good when you touch the tank and not both end of the wires. could my problem be a pinch wire onto the frame or will I get this from one end of the wire to the other or to the tank it showed closed not open. It just acts like one big ground?
I thought I should have have showed open from the touching the tank to the end by the fuse block and only close from each end of the wire is this where my problem is coming from?
I even ran a ground from the batter to the tank and then tried it gauge still went to zero.
I am guessing I have my fuel sending wire pinched and is grounded out? or my sending unit is bad?
Thanks for the help!
Chad
cjoenny89 is offline   Reply With Quote