The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-27-2011, 03:03 PM   #26
daverod
SSN 706

Re: S10 Frame Swap Blueprints

Are there any orginial ideas. I think not. Everything you know you saw it or read it somewhere else.
daverod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:40 PM   #27
Dan Bowles
AD Addict

Jeff, I disagree with you.

Happy now?
Dan Bowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:44 PM   #28
rog540wag

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrieG View Post
Interesting comment from him since he does not show any pictures of HIS frame mods in the ad, just a poor firewall drawing and pictures of half built trucks.
I am the guy selling the bluprints, not picking on you personally, just found this conversation on here and thought seeing how you were on line i would clear things up with you guys,my work seems to be getting slammed.And you can pass this on to all your friends. I am sorry if you guys are offended, i havent tried to present these blueprints on here, you guys brought it up. And for the record i have only posted a few pictures because a few have asked to see my trucks.My blueprints are compiled of my ideas only, not one single thing can be linked to this site or anyones ideas on here. And thought i would let you all know that i am up to 70 guys building from this print in 30 states and not one complaint, only happy buyers who i help every day when they call needing followup info and help........sorry for making a honest living on my ideas,hope you all realise there is two sides to every story, i have been out of work for over two years and my ideas have got me through......good luck to all........
rog540wag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:38 PM   #29
mr48chev

I don't think that the issue was that you were offering the plans up for sale but the fact that there seemed to be so many people willing to fork over a pocket full of cash for something that can readily be found on the net in a number of places. The end results may or may not be as "clean" as your concept but from following Tim's build and checking his plans for the mounts his way is pretty clean in my book.

If your plans help people with somewhat limited experience or skills build a decent and safe truck that alone is more than worth the price of the plans. And maybe we are just amazed at your marketing skills.

I'm not a fan of pulling the sheet metal off a good solid original frame and swapping it over to the S10 frame but I do have a spare cab sitting on a pallet in the shed that would be a great candidate for an S-10 frame job. The trouble locally is that the dead S10 trucks that were sitting around with a pile of trash in the back five years ago have either been hauled for scrap or the people who have them think they are worth more than a running driving truck because "all them hot rodders are using them".
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:22 PM   #30
rog540wag

I would have to say i have never really spent much time looking at other builds on here, but there are many talented men on here that have common interests and have built some fine trucks. I would in no way dismantle a good driver to make this swap,agreeing with you. But from my exsperience in putting 4 AD trucks together with the s-10 chassis i will say they make one heck of a truck. You are also right about the s-10 beaters, they have increased in price latley. I stock piled 3 for back up and allways keep my eyes open for another. I would also like to say that there is probably a lot of info on the web on these swaps, but not to much of what i would call good numbers and details. So thats why i decided to spend hours putting this together with all the measurments and picture details. The firewall template that comes with it has saved guys hours of time. I am currently building a 1950 rust free nebraska truck. I completly mounted the body, sandblasted the s-10 doner frame and have it rolling with brakes and steering in 3 days using my own blueprint as the guide. i have some pictures on ls1 tech of my just finished 1948 ls1 5speed truck.......i will try to get a few on here.......hope to see you on the road.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:34 PM   #31
xpickup

rog540wag, I would love to see some pictures of the ones you did. Not to steal any ideas just because I would like to see them. I have done one and am working on another one and will be doing one for myself sometime way down the road. I know what/how it works for me on doing them. I used the mount drawing from on here (thank you) but used the material sizes of what I had. Plus I make my floor structure out of box tube so it is different than the stock floor. Everything else I make too like the radiator supports and bed mounts. It seems to work out really well.

Shannon
xpickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:10 PM   #32
LEEVON

Quote:
Originally Posted by rog540wag View Post
I am the guy selling the bluprints, not picking on you personally, just found this conversation on here and thought seeing how you were on line i would clear things up with you guys,my work seems to be getting slammed.And you can pass this on to all your friends. I am sorry if you guys are offended, i havent tried to present these blueprints on here, you guys brought it up. And for the record i have only posted a few pictures because a few have asked to see my trucks.My blueprints are compiled of my ideas only, not one single thing can be linked to this site or anyones ideas on here. And thought i would let you all know that i am up to 70 guys building from this print in 30 states and not one complaint, only happy buyers who i help every day when they call needing followup info and help........sorry for making a honest living on my ideas,hope you all realise there is two sides to every story, i have been out of work for over two years and my ideas have got me through......good luck to all........
Quote:
I would have to say i have never really spent much time looking at other builds on here, but there are many talented men on here that have common interests and have built some fine trucks. I would in no way dismantle a good driver to make this swap,agreeing with you. But from my exsperience in putting 4 AD trucks together with the s-10 chassis i will say they make one heck of a truck. You are also right about the s-10 beaters, they have increased in price latley. I stock piled 3 for back up and allways keep my eyes open for another. I would also like to say that there is probably a lot of info on the web on these swaps, but not to much of what i would call good numbers and details. So thats why i decided to spend hours putting this together with all the measurments and picture details. The firewall template that comes with it has saved guys hours of time. I am currently building a 1950 rust free nebraska truck. I completly mounted the body, sandblasted the s-10 doner frame and have it rolling with brakes and steering in 3 days using my own blueprint as the guide. i have some pictures on ls1 tech of my just finished 1948 ls1 5speed truck.......i will try to get a few on here.......hope to see you on the road.
You sir are a stand-up guy for your responses and I think what you've done is great. I seems to clear up what everybody was wondering, if this is common information re-packaged or not and it sounds like these are your original plans. If you put your effort into helping other people in this hobby and they're willing to pay for it then who can fault you? Free enterprise at it's best, there is no ethical quandry here for me. Although I wouldn't pay for the information because like you said we all have different abilities motivations, I personally know people that would be happy to have the information. I was talking to a hot rodder friend last week, who contributes tech articles to books that his friend publishes on hot rodding that can be found at any bookstore. He's old and savvy on the internet. They make money from the books but they didn't invent wiring, bodywork, etc, just decided there was a market to help explain it more clearly. When somebody wants to know how to wire his hot rod and can go to the library for a book with glossy photos and step-by-step instructions and are willing to pay for it I say win-win.

I think many of the posters are wondering why people aren't motivated to find some this information on their own, there could be alot of reasons for that but bottom line is not everybody knows/likes/enjoys internet forums or google searches. Last weekend we visited a wealthy friend who just retired and has bought a shop and loaded it with classics. He tinkers, builds, and has some cool cars but never spends time on the internet. He is smart enough to find anything on the internet but he chooses to do things the old fashioned way. He's searching for a frame for his '64 el camino but will do it by word-of-mouth, newspaper classifieds, country cruising, etc. That's just his style. He's the kind of guy that would (and could without blinking) pay for a set of AD truck on S-10 frame plans. Even if I printed every thread ever written about it and delievered it to him, he still would.

There is something to this mentality though...I was telling Grant Peterson (Classic Trucks) about this forum when I met him at a show and he laughed and said "Yeah, I don't do the internet because it sucks you in and leaves no time to work on my trucks". So true!

Remember we're a smally community with common interests...if you like AD trucks on S-10 frames then you're ok in my book and welcome to the board!

Last edited by LEEVON; 02-08-2012 at 01:20 PM.
LEEVON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #33
rog540wag

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpickup View Post
rog540wag, I would love to see some pictures of the ones you did. Not to steal any ideas just because I would like to see them. I have done one and am working on another one and will be doing one for myself sometime way down the road. I know what/how it works for me on doing them. I used the mount drawing from on here (thank you) but used the material sizes of what I had. Plus I make my floor structure out of box tube so it is different than the stock floor. Everything else I make too like the radiator supports and bed mounts. It seems to work out really well.

Shannon
Thanks for you reply, i am working on getting some pictures on here. If you go to ls1 tech web site and go to conversions and hybrids and type in 1948 5.3 5 spd truck you should be able to find one of my trucks......Thanks.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:48 PM   #34
rollinrooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEEVON View Post
You sir are a stand-up guy for your responses and I think what you've done is great. I seems to clear up what everybody was wondering, if this is common information re-packaged or not and it sounds like these are your original plans. If you put your effort into helping other people in this hobby and they're willing to pay for it then who can fault you? Free enterprise at it's best, there is no ethical quandry here for me. Although I wouldn't pay for the information because like you said we all have different abilities motivations, I personally know people that would be happy to have the information. I was talking to a hot rodder friend last week, who contributes tech articles to books that his friend publishes on hot rodding that can be found at any bookstore. He's old and savvy on the internet. They make money from the books but they didn't invent wiring, bodywork, etc, just decided there was a market to help explain it more clearly. When somebody wants to know how to wire his hot rod and can go to the library for a book with glossy photos and step-by-step instructions and are willing to pay for it I say win-win.

I think many of the posters are wondering why people aren't motivated to find some this information on their own, there could be alot of reasons for that but bottom line is not everybody knows/likes/enjoys internet forums or google searches. Last weekend we visited a wealthy friend who just retired and has bought a shop and loaded it with classics. He tinkers, builds, and has some cool cars but never spends time on the internet. He is smart enough to find anything on the internet but he chooses to do things the old fashioned way. He's searching for a frame for his '64 el camino but will do it by word-of-mouth, newspaper classifieds, country cruising, etc. That's just his style. He's the kind of guy that would (and could without blinking) pay for a set of AD truck on S-10 frame plans. Even if I printed every thread ever written about it and delievered it to him, he still would.

There is something to this mentality though...I was telling Grant Peterson (Classic Trucks) about this forum when I met him at a show and he laughed and said "Yeah, I don't do the internet because it sucks you in and leaves no time to work on my trucks". So true!

Remember we're a smally community with common interests...if you like AD trucks on S-10 frames then you're ok in my book and welcome to the board!
Well Said.
rollinrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:51 PM   #35
xpickup

LEEVON well said.

rog540wag, That would be great. I will check out the other site in the mean time. Thank you.

Shannon
Old 02-08-2012, 01:56 PM   #36
rog540wag

Thanks for the understanding response. I created another thread and included a few more pictures. I am no computer whiz and am not sure how to url upload, so i am limited....looks like you have some awsome projects going on....thanks again.

Last edited by rog540wag; 02-08-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:00 PM   #37
daverod
SSN 706

Good to see someone making $$$$.. If I had some extra I would get some plans. Untill then I'll just spend hours looking up stuff most people already know.
daverod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:21 PM   #38
_Ogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post
We forget that there are guys who want to do things on their trucks that don't have one clue on how to do simple things that most of us take for granted and jump at the chance to buy blueprints or plans or books to do said changes and modifications.

Some people have no search skills, no visualization skills and limited mechanical experience and they are probably the ones who buy those things the most.

Just think if Jeff had decided to put his whole build with drawings on a power point presentation with blueprint style drawings and sell CD's or Downloads of it he would probably be gathering in a few of those bucks.
mr48 put it well, i just start fabbing it to fit. when someone asks how i did it, i can't say exactly how...

rog540wag had the patience to put it all together and sell it. free enterprise at it's best.

i should do that to... nah, to busy being unemployed/retired

how to put your truck year and build thread into your signature
shop air compressor timer
_Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:12 PM   #39
xpickup

rog540wag, I try to find it on LS1 tech but there search is terrible. Could you post a link to it. Thank you.

Shannon
Old 02-09-2012, 04:29 PM   #40
jasonpickett

Quote:
rog540wag, I try to find it on LS1 tech but there search is terrible. Could you post a link to it. Thank you.

Shannon
Shannon here you go

http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...evy-truck.html
jasonpickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:43 PM   #41
xpickup

jasonpickett, Thank you, I will check it out.

Shannon
Old 02-09-2012, 08:12 PM   #42
rog540wag

Quote:

Shannon
Sorry it took so long to reply, looks likes one of our good friends helped you find it. Any questions just ask......
Old 02-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #43
55dude

Anyone who has worked on or built an old vehicle know their is no magic wand to wave at it. Here is a guy that has put together a group of his ideas and offering them to anyone that has an interest for a price and i feel if he wasn't giving folks what they needed their monies wouldn't be exchanged. Don't treat the guy like a meth dealer.
55dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:09 AM   #44
47owner

Well said, he is providing a service, don't buy if you don't need to. i bet that he went through a lot of trial and error before he got it right. I haven't started my swap but I plan too. I have a 47 long bed that has been sitting for 10 years.
47owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:41 AM   #45
mknittle

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ogre View Post
mr48 put it well, i just start fabbing it to fit. when someone asks how i did it, i can't say exactly how...

rog540wag had the patience to put it all together and sell it. free enterprise at it's best.

i should do that to... nah, to busy being unemployed/retired
I agree , If I were thinking about doing the s10 swap I mght buy the drawings just to see what i am up against. it would save a lot of time measuring. Frame swaps can be a lot of work just measureing.

My GMC build.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=536602
mknittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:17 PM   #46
rog540wag

Hey guys, i have another truck that i am building at the present time. I have plans to post a few pictures sometime soon. I have made it a 2 year project now that i am back to full time shift work. I have been on it about 6 months and i fill way ahead of schedule. I appreciate all of you who can realise the effort it takes to refine such a task. I have made a couple changes after building the seafoam green 1948 truck. Most of that just being height and width changes just to get a little different look. I think this truck will be a little more capable of serious power driving with a hopped up LS2 with 550 street legal drive anywhere horsepower. I will try to post a few pics of the project sometime soon. I just finished fitting all the sheet metal and about ready for another last time disasemble and paint........whewww.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:54 AM   #47
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

Quote:
Thanks for you reply, i am working on getting some pictures on here. If you go to ls1 tech web site and go to conversions and hybrids and type in 1948 5.3 5 spd truck you should be able to find one of my trucks......Thanks.
Wow, that's a great looking truck. If I hadn't already started my S-10 swap I'd buy your plans.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Gandhi
63 & 64 Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:36 AM   #48
54 jimmy

i'll have to find the instructions for the ad kit i bought for my truck an scan them and post them on here. i only bought the front kit for my truck as well Layedoutsonoma91.
2008jeep patriot (wife's daily driver
2008 chevy 1500 ext cab 4x4 sold
2011 chevy 1500 crew cab ltz (daily driver)
1996 chevy 1500 reg cab 4x4 project sold
2006 pontiac grand prix gxp (daily work commuter)
54 jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:08 PM   #49
54 jimmy

found them and got the scaned. here's the folder.
Attached Images

Old 07-28-2012, 03:10 PM   #50
54 jimmy

here is the rest.
Attached Images