The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-20-2018, 01:28 PM   #1
turbotruck

Turbo using stock manifolds

anyone have pictures of using stock manifolds flipped forward for a turbo install? curious which manifolds fit. dont bother posting ones with the goofy truck manifold pointing to the sky.
turbotruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 11:25 PM   #2
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: Turbo using stock manifolds

Stock manifold pictures, but not truck manifolds (which are the most common in turbo builds)... what is it you're looking for?

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 12:36 PM   #3
turbotruck

ones using stock manifolds. swap manifolds from left to right. not top to bottom
turbotruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 01:08 PM   #4
Overdriven

The builds I’ve seen using stock truck manifolds swapped left to right all have modified manifolds. If I’m not mistaken, truck manifolds swapped left to right have the outlet pretty close to the back of the stock truck front accessories. Anyway, builds I’ve seen, the builders cut off the outlet flange and often a lot more of the manifold to create their own “log” portion out of pipe, pointing in the direction they need. The manifolds are cast steel, not cast iron so they are weldable and you can make good looking manifolds this way. Or if they aren’t pretty enough wrap them in header wrap. If you don’t want to cut and weld on the manifolds then you’re stuck with the (as you put it) goofy manifolds pointing at the sky.

Have a look at YouTube and search for c10 turbo, how to make a turbo manifold, etc. You’ll often get more angles, in progress and such in videos. Just searching “LS truck manifold turbo” yields a bunch of results in google images.

Last edited by Overdriven; 11-23-2018 at 01:18 PM.
Overdriven is offline   Reply With Quote