The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-16-2017, 01:30 PM   #26
tucsonjwt

Re: I Have Gotten Fat And Need Help Can U Help?

I recommend Chrysler Sebring convertible seats (2001 and up) to replace the bench seat. These seats have integral seat belts, power six way driver's seat, and not as thick as the stock bench seat. I don't know how much you would gain exactly, since you would have to fab mounting brackets. This is what I plan to do with my 83 C20.
tucsonjwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 03:40 PM   #27
TKCR

Post some pics when you can, including the interior.

What are your plans for the old bench seat? I might be willing to take it(buy) off your hands, when your ready.

Last edited by TKCR; 01-16-2017 at 04:03 PM.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 07:56 PM   #28
only126db

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
Post some pics when you can, including the interior.

What are your plans for the old bench seat? I might be willing to take it(buy) off your hands, when your ready.
For a while I will be keeping the bench till I take some measurements and see what options I have. (for cheap )

Will take some pics as soon as I get it here and have some time...
only126db is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 12:12 PM   #29
TKCR

Use this place to search. It searches all salvage yards. It even found local yards to me, that I didn't even know existed.

http://www.car-part.com/index.htm
Old 01-17-2017, 01:45 PM   #30
only126db

Quote:
Use this place to search. It searches all salvage yards. It even found local yards to me, that I didn't even know existed.

http://www.car-part.com/index.htm
I have used it before, thx, wife hit a deer one year in a 96 Subaru, the info was wrong but it lists the phone numbers for the salvage yards so I was able to get my parts.
Old 01-17-2017, 01:56 PM   #31
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by only126db View Post
I have used it before, thx, wife hit a deer one year in a 96 Subaru, the info was wrong but it lists the phone numbers for the salvage yards so I was able to get my parts.
This is how I finally found my bench seat. I wanted a period correct one and was getting into panic mode, thinking I was never going to find one, until someone told me about this place. And it found a place just 40 mins from me. And I was able to get lots more stuff from this truck.

Since then, I prowl for more bench seats. I have taken up a hobby of restoring/recovering them.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:53 PM   #32
Pano

Is it my video or does the engine seem not to be running in tune with the sound. I hear the engine but the pic is a still photo. Look at the fan belt.
Pano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 05:48 PM   #33
only126db

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pano View Post
Is it my video or does the engine seem not to be running in tune with the sound. I hear the engine but the pic is a still photo. Look at the fan belt.
its just a still photo so i could upload a soundclip so it was easier to just click on the forum
Old 01-18-2017, 01:17 PM   #34
only126db

Well after all it seems the deal will fall through. Dont have the cash on hand till tax time and guy doesnt have title in his name so bank will not do deal till he has actual title in his name (receipt for transfer isn't good enough) and he doesnt want to wait 2 wks till he has title in hand so I am likely going to miss out. He wants to 'jump title' so he is going to go with a cash buyer in the mean time and just have them transfer the title to them. Michigan will not do a quick title since it's an out of state title otherwise deal would be done...
Old 01-18-2017, 01:20 PM   #35
TKCR

Quote:
Well after all it seems the deal will fall through. Dont have the cash on hand till tax time and guy doesnt have title in his name so bank will not do deal till he has actual title in his name (receipt for transfer isn't good enough) and he doesnt want to wait 2 wks till he has title in hand so I am likely going to miss out. He wants to 'jump title' so he is going to go with a cash buyer in the mean time and just have them transfer the title to them. Michigan will not do a quick title since it's an out of state title otherwise deal would be done...
Well that's a bummer. Keep looking, there's plenty of them out there.
Old 01-18-2017, 01:27 PM   #36
daddyjeep

I think I am with the bank on that one. I would want title in hand before I fork over cash.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=786514
daddyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 05:40 AM   #37
only126db

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyjeep View Post
I think I am with the bank on that one. I would want title in hand before I fork over cash.
Well the stupid thing about it is they have no problem giving me money, just not at the lower rate. They said they could do a line of credit instead....Pretty much said here's your money and more than you need but you will have to pay a higher rate since we value your money so much we want more of it.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:44 AM   #38
Will206

Another fat dude here. I went from 560 to 390 and due to some depression and other things in my life I've put about 60 of that back on. It's a constant struggle and takes a lot of effort, but it's worth it. I've been this way most of my adult life and it's essentially made everything 10 times harder than it needs to be and caused me all sorts of untold grief and such. Thankfully I am on my way back down slowly and I am also looking into surgical options as well.

I have a 89 Suburban with the factory wheel and tilt, I drive with the tilt up and I still rub on the belly a little bit, but its functional. The truck is apart right now, but when I put it back together I might redrill the seat holes to give me a little more clearance. Although I'm not exactly a tall person, so then I start getting into issues with pedal length. It's a battle, and I wish you luck!
Will206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 03:04 PM   #39
only126db

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will206 View Post
Another fat dude here. I went from 560 to 390 and due to some depression and other things in my life I've put about 60 of that back on. It's a constant struggle and takes a lot of effort, but it's worth it. I've been this way most of my adult life and it's essentially made everything 10 times harder than it needs to be and caused me all sorts of untold grief and such. Thankfully I am on my way back down slowly and I am also looking into surgical options as well.

I have a 89 Suburban with the factory wheel and tilt, I drive with the tilt up and I still rub on the belly a little bit, but its functional. The truck is apart right now, but when I put it back together I might redrill the seat holes to give me a little more clearance. Although I'm not exactly a tall person, so then I start getting into issues with pedal length. It's a battle, and I wish you luck!
It's tough, I love fried chicken & potatoes, but it adds up fast... Once you get used to the good foods and small portions it's not too hard, cave in to that pizza and wings a couple times and it's like crack...
Old 01-19-2017, 03:05 PM   #40
only126db

Well News has changed on the truck.........
Attached Images

Old 01-19-2017, 03:25 PM   #41
TKCR

Quote:
Well News has changed on the truck.........
Awesome!!
Old 01-19-2017, 04:17 PM   #42
daddyjeep

Old 01-19-2017, 10:14 PM   #43
only126db

You guys wont believe this........

Guy gets here, starts truck up, starts backing out, no brake lights, backup lights or headlights...

I figured I needed to do some wiring so I was like well, whatever...

Go inside to do the deal and give up the cash, look at the title and.........

Original owner signed off to someone, that person signed off to someone else and then that person never signed off, and none of the signatures were anyone related to the guy I was dealing with and everything was signed 3yrs ago........

I said load it back up and when you get a title in your name get ahold of me....

Old 01-19-2017, 10:22 PM   #44
TKCR

Quote:
You guys wont believe this........

Guy gets here, starts truck up, starts backing out, no brake lights, backup lights or headlights...

I figured I needed to do some wiring so I was like well, whatever...

Go inside to do the deal and give up the cash, look at the title and.........

Original owner signed off to someone, that person signed off to someone else and then that person never signed off, and none of the signatures were anyone related to the guy I was dealing with and everything was signed 3yrs ago........

I said load it back up and when you get a title in your name get ahold of me....

I would have check the vin number on the title with the truck.
Something doesn't sound right with this deal. Maybe the truck is stolen?
Old 01-19-2017, 10:40 PM   #45
only126db

Quote:
I would have check the vin number on the title with the truck.
Something doesn't sound right with this deal. Maybe the truck is stolen?
Well I checked the vin he gave me and it didnt show on the NICB list as total loss or theft but I really didnt check to make sure vin matched truck which I know I should have.

At this point I am just going to put the money back into my account and try to find something better.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:13 PM   #46
daddyjeep

Read post #36.

Sorry it didn't work out. Keep looking. There will be another one.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:39 PM   #47
only126db

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyjeep View Post
Read post #36.

Sorry it didn't work out. Keep looking. There will be another one.
Old 02-04-2017, 08:12 PM   #48
only126db

I guess the guy went and got the title changed and is just waiting for it to come in the mail.......

May end up getting the truck after all.
Old 02-04-2017, 08:57 PM   #49
TKCR

I was looking around Craig's list the other day and ran across this truck. I recognized the photo right away. Hope it all works out
Old 02-05-2017, 06:15 AM   #50
only126db

Quote:
I was looking around Craig's list the other day and ran across this truck. I recognized the photo right away. Hope it all works out
Yeah, I have been searching all over and really between flakes and liars it's getting harder and harder to make deals.

We will see what happens in the next couple days.

My son is actually getting kind of interested in vehicles. For his one school assignment he has to do it requires an instructional book, he chose a Chilton. The teacher tried to have him change it, but let him use it in the end, probably wanted to have him use some book on how to draw rainbows & snowflakes or how to start a protest. Daddy was gonna have to go lay down the law, instructional and useful should be what they teach not ignorance and how to burn a