The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board > 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans and PanelsProjects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-09-2012, 09:31 PM   #1
mdw

The Herd Hauler

Having 6 kids, 3 at home still and 2 dogs that think they are kids made the suburban a no brainer. Having owned a 1986 before, I knew I wanted a 67-72 so I picked up this 1971 at a good price. Currently has a 350/350 combo and it runs and drives good. I will be putting a 5 speed in it as I want to tow it behind our motorhome when we travel. SO, let me share some pics of it and some pics of a 89 donor truck I picked up cheap for the drivetrain. The 89 is an old county truck so it is stripped down from the factory already. I want to use the 350 and 5 speed out of the truck for economy, if there are any thoughts on this please speak up. I figure by getting the whole truck I can get the harness, fuel system all the EFI stuff and swap it over to the burb' here are a couple pics of the donor and of the subburban, I am sure I am going to have a million ?'s so please bear with me, Thanks
Attached Images

mdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:42 PM   #2
propanemudtruck
Local Redneck Authority

Re: The Herd Hauler

cool deal! I've got a 90 tbi and it's quite nice to have the slightly more economic and powerful V8 on tap. Have fun with the project, and the (8) kids!

four on the floor feel the beat in your soul
movin to the rhythym pumpin til ya cant take no more
dance if you want to do what you came to
you cant ignore the feeling of that four on the floor
propanemudtruck is offline   Reply With Quote