The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-05-2022, 07:24 AM   #1
Jrainman

Entire Daily Driver Build

Well its time for a new daily driver build ,my current 68 c10 daily driver has been driven daily for 8 years now and I have decided to park that truck and restore it at a later date , being I have been stowing away parts for a long time and also knowing what I would want in a daily driver and what I do not want , My goal here will be to build a 69 SWB c10 , my main focus will be on ride and handling quality , Not performance driven feel ,So the parts I have chosen will hopefully just give me a more modern feel and ride. This will not be a high HP coilover build with for autocross or show . just a nice daily driver .
Jrainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 07:31 AM   #2
Jrainman

Re: Entire Daily Driver Build

Well like I said I have been stowing away lots of parts , will start with this 69 dated SWB frame that I sandblasted , epoxy coated and painted back in 2016 its been laying outside since but held up very well
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2022, 07:13 PM   #3
Jrainman

spent the last week doing the dreaded sandblasting of the crossmembers , upper and lower Arms , trailing arms , and a bunch of brackets and other smalls, everything is in epoxy and paint So today I began assembly ,I will be installing a Ride tech Street grip kit ,
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2022, 07:22 PM   #4
Jrainman

was able to get all new bushings and cross shafts in the Upper and lower A Arms today and also got the rack and pinion mocked up for installation on the cradle , So tomorrow with luck of course I will hopefully get most of the front suspension together and bolted up to the frame .
Attached Images

Old 11-06-2022, 06:31 PM   #5
Jrainman

Made some progress today and was able to get the cradle in and steering rack mounted also both upper and lower control arms along with the coil springs and spindles and also was able to get the front and rear sway bar mounts and sway bar partially installed ,I will have to wait on the sway bar rod ends until I get the suspension loaded , still have to get to the Rack steering linkage and also the bolt up the rod ends to the spindles and also the front shocks ,then I will move to the rear suspension
Attached Images