The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-31-2011, 05:03 PM   #51
thirdstreettito
Resident of Here

Re: Veraneio 67 - The Brasilian Suburban

So cool! Very nice! One day I'd like to have one shipped here.

Miss having a truck
thirdstreettito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:56 PM   #52
FrankieD

Very cool stuff how about more pix of cars and trucks from your area
http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
FrankieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:18 PM   #53
AzDon

Those trucks appear to be about the size of an American S-10 pickup. The rear doors on an American Suburban are completely ahead of the rear wheelwell. The rear door relationship to the rear wheelwell on your Brazilian wagon is more like the American Tahoe, Yukon,and the smaller Trailblazer and s-10 Blazer.
Any of those trucks (and wagons) would be as cool here as one of our American Trucks would be over there. I've got no clue about exchange rates, tarriffs, or shipping costs, but it would be really cool to consider the what-ifs!
AzDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:35 PM   #54
jeffg1010

I've been trying to get in touch with you about a nomination of your Veraneio for the Suburban calendar. Please PM me ASAP. I need your permission to proceed.
1986 C30 Crewcab - 63K original miles, original paint

Members I have met: mikey531, gcburdic, bashed, burbman69, TonyPieras, Blazester, GCncsuHD, custombuilt67-72, tsnow678, highrpm, PanelDeland, tanman722001, 47thriftmaster, babyblueoval, 68stepbed, JesseWebb, Andy4639, xs-style, TobyArnot, BigOrange, frednoah, brn_agn, k5hart, Graham57a, bhelton, AJohn6, SilverC10, 69CST, '71 Flame, RaceAGMC, Liz, Josh, MattPSU, 68corvair, Chevy350V8, mdeal, ccrorymc, mrhurt73, dmxxpert, Custom68, 84GMC, BionicABs1, BigBlockBurris, Ebfabman, ATP...
jeffg1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:25 AM   #55
FrankieD

There is a lot of nice and diffrent iron south of the border just have to figure how to get them up here. That turboed 6 banger is pretty cool!
http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
FrankieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:24 PM   #56
Moccelin

Sorry for upping the topic... I also have a Chevy Veraneio, mine is from 1971, with the L6 261", and think of sharing some informations.

Our C-10 and Veraneio has the same chassi of your "10s", including suspensions, but the engine, transmission and rear axle are from older versions of your trucks.

For exemple, until 1978 we have the 261" stovebolt... Yes... The engine that you saw coming out of line in 1963/64 we saw in our trucks and Veraneios until 78, more than a decade later. Then we have the 250" around here for a looooooooooonnnng time, even in a 1998 Chevrolet Omega, 1999 Chevrolet Silverado with a head design by Lotus and multi point electronic fuel injection, but still a 70ies design engine. Our more modern trucks, including our D-20 and Silverado always have this engine as the only real gasoline engine (the L4 version was a real lame), but the top versions came with diesel L4s (Perkins, Maxion S4, S4T and S4T-Plus) and later MWM Sprint 6.07.

As a truly brazilian design our Veraneios and C-10 have a good amount of aftermarket parts, including old machinery in the hands of some people who still building steel parts, and the L6 250" have a looooooot of knoledge running, and the main reason was our Chevrolet Opala (some kind of "brazilian hot rod main base"). The counter part for the trucks was the Ford F-100/F-1000/F-250, that is a "CTRL+C" "CTRL-V" from yours, obviously with a huge amount of time of delay.

But back to the GMB (General Motors Brasil)...

We never had V-8 engines on our trucks, so we play with we had/have, and we had the 250. Some people put V-8 in this truck, coming from imported trucks, or even marine engines stripped from boats who recieve diesel engines (cheaper to run a diesel engine here).

I pretend to put a V-8 in mine, probably a injected 350" with a 4L60, but maybe a flexible fuel 5.3L with a 6L80 if the money permit, tune the interior to give as much confort as possible, but keeping the exterior as classis as I can. Something like the SuperBurb from Hart_Rod, but without the air bag suspension.

By the way, the power train solution from Chevy_Brazil is excentric, even here, becouse the comon sense play that if you want power take away the 261" (called Chevrolet Brasil in here) and put a 250".

And sorry for my english.

Last edited by Moccelin; 01-05-2013 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Add the "excentric" info...
Moccelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #57
MusicMan70

Great thread and Unique trucks for sure! The women are...Beautiful.
On another topic, how much is gas there?
Old 01-05-2013, 03:12 PM   #58
Junior_BnU

The gas here is about 5 ~ 6 US Dollars a gallon.
But here we measure by liters, about 1,30 ~ 1,50 US Dollars by liter.

1,00 US Dollar = 2,00 Brazillian Real

Junior_BnU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:23 AM   #59
gearboxx70

Those Brazilian trucks may be some of the coolest trucks I've ever seen! I don't k now which one I like best. I think its the yellow and black Burb/Van on the first page of this thread. I'd like to see more pics of those. Are they still Suburbans? Oh, and I'd like to see more of that black wagon on jack stands. Just amazingly cool stuff!
gearboxx70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:27 AM   #60
Junior_BnU

gearboxx70, the black one on jack stands it's a Chevrolet Caravan.
http://www.google.com.br/search?um=1...+caravan&btnG=

Is derived from the project Chevrolet Opala.
http://www.google.com.br/search?hl=p...GYPW9QScpoCwAg

Both are from the 70's.

Old 01-06-2013, 03:25 PM   #61
gearboxx70

OH MY!! Those cars look like the children of other cars we know here in the states and some in Australia. Some look like the love children of a '67 Chevelle and an Opel Kadet. Others involve Vegas, Novas, and such. How do I get my hands on one of these?! Like I need another car right now!
Old 01-06-2013, 08:10 PM   #62
Junior_BnU

Chevrolet Opala is derived from Opel Rekord and Opel Commodore, from Europe.
http://www.google.com.br/search?hl=p...FJO68wTf8YDYDA

http://www.google.com.br/search?hl=p...w=1920&bih=955

I really don't know how to send one of those to the US.

But, you can search here on our "eBay":
http://lista.mercadolivre.com.br/chevrolet-opala

Or, here:
http://www.webmotors.com.br/comprar/...Distancia=null

Remember, 1 Brazillian Real = 2 US Dollar.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:07 PM   #63
RANDY COX

Wow if I was to see one of those over here I would be sayin that ain't no chevy,Kewl,those are definately different...thanks for sharing,that one car in the garage the front end kinda reminded me of a 71-72 chevy chevelle.....
Old 01-11-2013, 04:07 AM   #64
Moccelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior_BnU View Post

Remember, 1 Brazillian Real = 2 US Dollar.
Eh, just correcting the information: 1USD =~ 2BRL
Old 01-11-2013, 04:19 AM   #65
Moccelin

.Can anyone say if the rear light assembly (brakes, turn signals, etc... here we call "lanterna" but I don't remember the name you give to this piece) of the Veraneio was from some of the vehicles made in America? I know that the chassi is the same from yous 1968-72 Burbs, so we can import mechanical pieces from this age for our trucks without fear (maybe the need to make something fit with a hammer lol), but as already said, we don't have a lot of aftermarket pices makers for trucks from this time, and I'm triyng to find as much new pieces as I can.

And finally, besides CPP, with have all I want but have some problems (imagine, pay more to ship than to buy, pay a lot of taxes and finally discover that they sent the whrong spring...), whith brand should I look for pieces like springs, arms, sway bars, drop spindles, brake kits, etc? My 1971 still have drum brakes in all wheels, don't have sway bars (lots of body roll), and the suspension elements have some age.

I already tought about buy CPP parts but from Summit Racing (they send to Brazil), but some parts I will need specific variations like heavy duty springs (to fit a heavy truck with coil spring in the rear, maybe the reason I am insisting in whrite "as" with 2 "s").

Thank you everybody... I will post pictures of mine soon. Not as beautifull as the orange posted here, but is my "2 tons baby".

P.S.: Why I'm insisting in whrite "as" with 2 "s"... This lack of oportunities to whrite in english is killing me lol...

Last edited by Moccelin; 01-11-2013 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Remove some excess of "s" in the text.
Moccelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:03 PM   #66
TM72

That's a movie truck if I've ever seen one; it belongs in a movie. It has the type of quality that could really set the scene mood for a South American film set in that time period.

I always thought the Cuban cars were cool, but yours tops those for "feel".
TM72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:04 PM   #67
gearboxx70

I thought I saw one of the trucks (the Suburban?) with what appears to be taillights from an early/mid-sixties fleetside pick-up. Looks like they built the Brazilian trucks with over-runs of parts from earlier years. Your best best is to get print catalogs from as many suppliers as you can. And that would include catalogs for parts from earlier years of trucks too. That way you can compare the parts on your trucks with the pictures in the catalogs. I strongly suggest catalogs from LMC Truck. They have alot of really clear line drawings of most of their parts which, in many cases, appear to be from the original factory assembly manuals. Also, many of the suppliers have good photos of the parts they carry on their websites. So if you think you have found the correct part in a print catalog, you can then go online and see if there's a better photo on the website.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:35 PM   #68
Moccelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearboxx70 View Post
I thought I saw one of the trucks (the Suburban?) with what appears to be taillights from an early/mid-sixties fleetside pick-up. Looks like they built the Brazilian trucks with over-runs of parts from earlier years. Your best best is to get print catalogs from as many suppliers as you can. And that would include catalogs for parts from earlier years of trucks too. That way you can compare the parts on your trucks with the pictures in the catalogs. I strongly suggest catalogs from LMC Truck. They have alot of really clear line drawings of most of their parts which, in many cases, appear to be from the original factory assembly manuals. Also, many of the suppliers have good photos of the parts they carry on their websites. So if you think you have found the correct part in a print catalog, you can then go online and see if there's a better photo on the website.
The taillights I'm talking about is this:

I never saw a truck with this taillights. Maybe this is a pure GMB piece. This taillight realy made the diference in the rear of the Veraneio.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:10 PM   #69
gearboxx70

Yes, I was mistaken. I went back and looked at the pictures posted by Chevy Brazil. The tail lights I was thinking of were the ones on the 2 pick-ups.Its a bit hard to tell for sure, but the ones on the trucks look alot like lights from our early/mid-sixties pick-ups.
And I still say you could benefit from ordering some print catalogs. LMC Truck carries GM Factory assembly manuals which could also be very helpful. The manuals are about $40 USD plus postage. I'm sure other companies carry these as well.
I know GM was very adept at using overruns of parts in various countries as they changed models here in the states. If a certain part from a previous year was cheaper to produce than the new part, they would use the cheaper parts in foreign markets to save some money.
By the way, I'd like to see some of parts the Brazilians use to improve the performance of their engines. I have an inline 6 in my Suburban, and am always looking for ideas to improve its performance. Since the 6's aren't as popular here in the states, parts for them aren't common (and can be expensive).
Old 01-12-2013, 11:03 PM   #70
Moccelin

I can search, but in advance the key is the same as you use in the 350: forged parts, camshaft with more wild cam timing, MSD ignition kits, amd turbo (for some projects). They also use the parts for the heavy trucks variant of the 250, I don't remember the CID, but I know that you see this engine in the pick-up trucks and Suburbans.

They also use exaust manifold in 6x2 configurations, even with two turbines, some times in one big carburator, other in two carburators.

Some aspirated 1/4 mile projects use a lot of carburators, even one for each cilinder.

But I think they buy the parts from USA!!! Maybe we have only the know how to join the parts to make rockets from our L6.

One thing that made me angry (just kiddin) is that you "Stovebolt" comunity use more the 235 variant, not the 261 (here the 235 dont see the light in trucks and the 261 recieve the name "Chevrolet Brasil" after the truck Chevrolet Brasil and the SUV variation Chevrolet Amazona (without the S, the word for the lady that make war/ride a horse). These trucks was the first with american mechanic and brazilian exterior.

Its funny, Ford aways made genuine american trucks around here, only with some years/decades of delay, but GM since the Chevrolet Brasil made his own external design for our market, with the 10 and 20 family (around here this numbers separate the generations, not the capacity)... Well, lots of differences in the market and nominations.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:58 PM   #71
Kevin McPherson

those have got to be the COOLEST suburbans I have ever seen!!!
Kevin McPherson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:53 AM   #72
project 67 sub
Account Suspended

hmmm, i wonder how some of those tail lights would look mounted on the back of an american suburban
project 67 sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 05:02 PM   #73
Deer_hunter_088

ttt because WOW

Made in the USA, just like my trucks
Deer_hunter_088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 10:32 PM   #74
elkniks

MIND BLOWN! This is why I love this website, I had no idea anything like this existed.
elkniks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 01:37 PM   #75
cypressbog
Go Pack Go!

Too cool! I really like the 2 tone brown short bed!
cypressbog is offline   Reply With Quote