The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-27-2016, 08:55 PM   #1
Braveheart

shock info needed

Anyone have a suggestion on Good Quality shocks for my 71 Blazer? I'm running a 4" suspension lift. I need 4. manufacturer and part #'s would be helpful..
Thanks
Braveheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 12:41 AM   #2
Got Sand

Re: shock info needed

If your doing some hard wheeling or just want a rough(er) ride go with Rancho, Pro Comp or Rough Country.

I just put some Bilsteins on my 72 Blazer with a 4" lift. I did have to do a bit of looking around and research as their catalog only list our Blazers for stock height, but between a local truck accessories place in town and a off-road specialty shop near by I came up with some nice shocks that gave me a much better ride.

The part numbers that I have for my shocks are 24-187077 S-100 Series and 33-104645 S-125 Series. I don't know off hand which is front or rear, but if you need to know I can crawl under my Blazer and look, or check with my supplier.

The off-road specialty shop showed me how to navigate Bilsteins web site to find shocks based on mounting and travel.

If ya have big money go with Fox $hocks, they are nice, but will cost ya.
Got Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 02:42 PM   #3
cleszkie

Bilstein 5100 Series shocks. Good performance, not too expensive, and the look nice too with the brushed aluminum cylinders. I am running a set of these right now and love em. Of course if money is no object, go with one of the high dollar single, double, or triple bypass shocks!
cleszkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:20 PM   #4
Braveheart

thanks for the suggestions. I'll probably never take this Blazer offroad so I'd be fine with a medium duty shock. I'd like the stance to be a little proud in the rear so maybe adjustable in back. It's also got a big block so i want something stiff up front. I've been to 2 chain stores but neither one had any idea what i should run.. as for cost, it's too late to think about that now
Braveheart is offline   Reply With Quote