The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-06-2017, 08:50 AM   #776
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's thread of miscelaneous stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulJONES View Post
Im kinda jealous that there are some people who can amazingly turn some other people's trashes into treasures. Your hands are magical. Hats off![/URL]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vhveLJGxjY

Haha, couldn't resist
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 09:38 AM   #777
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

This was the last day of Operation Cobra Snatch. One of the best stops on the trip. I didn't really have high expectations for this. It looks like it's in an old grocery store in a small town, no where near any major city. The place is packed with stuff though. I could have easily spent much more time inside looking around. An amazing collection.

One of the things that I loved about the Indianapolis Speedway museum was being able to see the changing technology from the entire history. You could see cars lined up next to each other and see the changes made in just a couple years. The variety of automotive innovation was on display.

I think that motorcycles have an even richer history of innovation than cars. There seemed to be more people trying to make their ideas come to life on how to motorize a bicycle. Anyway, if you are ever in eastern Iowa and have a few ours to drool over some amazing bikes you need to stop here.

I love the old KZ's, this is what you see as you walk in...

One of these GPZ's is on my list to get. Anyone have a 1984 GPZ-900 for sale?

This Daimler guy has an impressive resume.

Another early, VERY early motorcycle...

Evil wins...

Choppers of today are so over the top...

Captain Cool...

I love me some mini-bikes...

My brother in law collects old signs and oil/gas stuff. I had to ask him about these. IIRC he said they were for mounting on the running boards of the old cars. If I'm wrong about that it's only because my memory isn't as sharp as it once was.

I scream, you scream...

Cadillac?

Like riding a buzz-saw up a hill...

LSR...

What the...?

Hell yeah I'd ride this...

Early model child killer...

And we're home...

The next day we unloaded the car. Since I won't have the drive train parts or other required donor car stuff for a while and I need to finish up several other on-going projects first, I cleared a spot in the corner of the 2 car garage for it to sit. The body and chassis together only weighs about 5-600 pounds. I just used a chainfall to lift it off the trailer and set it on a couple furniture dollies to move it around. I could lift one end of the car myself.

Looking tough. LOL

Anyway, enjoy the pics. I'm taking this week off to get some more work done on the house. Summer is closing up fast and the days are getting shorter. I don't want to spend another winter working outside. I got the roof done about 2 weeks ago. I'm almost done with the structural work and getting to the point that all that's left is electrical and cosmetics (siding, soffits, wall finishing, etc.)

I'm really loving how it's turning out.

Old 09-06-2017, 11:44 AM   #778
Bomp

Mind blown.
Bomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 05:03 PM   #779
61_FL_Apache
Who Me?

Cool stuff!! I think that must be the forums longest post ever!!

1997 Tahoe LT 4D 2WD (DD)
1961 Apache 10 (sold)
1965 C10 Stepper (sold)
61_FL_Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 07:26 AM   #780
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Awesome stuff. The house is looking good.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 12:34 PM   #781
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

As always ,interesting photos of places and things that some of would never get to see unless some one like you shared them.. thanks again

That 35 Plymouth is going to make me a great Trivia Question to ask others

Also ,,very good work on the house building and I really like the covered porch ..
Old 09-19-2017, 09:54 AM   #782
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

I'm home for a day, time to post some pics!

My wife wants a golf cart. Well, not exactly, she wants a cool side by side but they cost too much so she would settle for a golf cart. Every so often one of us will search around for one. I saw this thing come up for a local auction and I had some time to stop and look. It needs too much work but was interesting. A real work horse. Made by Cushman, manual transmission, dump bed I believe.

Came with spare parts! Or maybe those aren't spares but what needs to be reassembled. IDK so I passed.

This T-bird was on auction also. It's not bad, a 20 footer. Some of the body work was going to need to be redone and a respray.

Springfield isn't far away, can't remember why I was there, probably just going through on my way home. I saw this beauty parked by an apartment building. I thought it looked like Robby (Kid Rock) from Joe Dirt has held onto his TA but it wasn't looking so good anymore. He was visiting some hose bag in Springfield.

http://pics.imcdb.org/5169/2.1952.jpg

My wife hasn't been to the black hills in several years, since before her youngest was born. He's 13 and has never been there. I had some work in the area to do and set up a trip from a Friday through Monday and took them with me. One of the perks of the job that I don't get to take advantage of very much. Anyway, I do some inspections along the way, do some in the morning over the weekend, then a few on Monday on the way home. I saw some awesome scenery (my wife ) and her and her son got to see the black hills.

Newer style hippy micro-bus...

Older style hippy macro-bus...

If you go to Custer State Park, beware the donkeys. They are friendly. Aggressively friendly. They like bread.

Back in Springfield,, this was at Stellas Auto Body one morning when I went through...

In Evan, MN, where I live, the bar does a cruise in night every other Thursday. Usually not a lot of stuff shows up but this custom was pretty nice. Hadn't seen it there before....

My niece got married in August. They had a nice small wedding at my sisters place. Her chariot was a pretty nice square body.

Belongs to her new husband.

Another nice one for sale up by Alexandria, MN

Old 09-19-2017, 12:16 PM   #783
flashed

Great pics as usual.
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:58 PM   #784
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Nice pics! There sure was some neat stuff in the motorcycle museum! The ones that had picked by American Pickers, did those guys donate them to the museum, or? The Cobra looks good at home. Your house is looking so nice! What's going over the ply wood on the porch? Enjoy your time off and get a lot done to the house.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:46 PM   #785
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
Great pics as usual.
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Nice pics! There sure was some neat stuff in the motorcycle museum! The ones that had picked by American Pickers, did those guys donate them to the museum, or? The Cobra looks good at home. Your house is looking so nice! What's going over the ply wood on the porch? Enjoy your time off and get a lot done to the house.
I don't think the pickers donated them, probably just on loan. Siding like the rest of the house over that plywood. Unfortunately my time off is already over and even though I got quite a bit more done it wasn't nearly enough. I finished replacing the other 2 doors, a garage door and all the rotten wood that was around them. I just keep moonlighting as a carpenter most evenings and weekends. Electrician is coming tomorrow to either give me an estimate or maybe just do what I need done for lighting.

Since I'm posting again I should add a couple pics. Part of my time off was spent at the step daughters wedding. My truck was a prop with some others. The grooms boss let them use his new hellcat on their big day. I'll get the professional pics eventually. Since we are paying the photographer he had no issues taking any pics we wanted so I got some with my truck also.

Mine on the left, step sons on the right...

My lovely wife on the left, her daughter is the bride, wifes friend on the right.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:34 PM   #786
flashed

3 very lovely ladies .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:59 PM   #787
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

What Flashed said, and nice line up of cars and trucks! your step son's truck looks pretty nice too!
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1969 Chevy milk truck

Old 09-22-2017, 04:27 PM   #788
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Wedding pics...

The bride with her dad and his 68 Chevelle...

Bride and her brother and his 72 C-10. He co owns it with his dad.

Old 09-22-2017, 05:17 PM   #789
Indian113

There are some very good looking vehicles in those pictures. But the Bride makes them look a lot Better!
Indian113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 06:47 PM   #790
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Very nice photos! It looks like it was a great day for her with great weather too!
1969 Chevy milk truck

Old 09-23-2017, 05:48 AM   #791
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Looked like a great day for the ceremony.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 05:41 PM   #792
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Couldn't have asked for better weather for an outdoor wedding. It's a shame some of the other family vehicles couldn't make it. One uncle has a 68 mustang, another has a 2014 (I think) corvette and camaro convertible, her cousin has a 1978 or 9 Trans Am, in black, and I think there are other cousins with nice cars too.

Anyway, time to post up some of the random stuff I've come across lately.

Ooooohhh home on the range, where the deer and the buffalo play. Yep, it's a real place...

And that's about all there is to see there.

A lot of birds of prey in ND...

This building has been there awhile...

Another one...

Welcome to Trotters ND.

And there it goes. It's on the map. It doesn't appear to be occupied. It's the only "town" on the map for about an hour drive in any direction. I don't think this one ever had a "boom town" period, unless it all burnt down years ago and only the church was rebuilt.

Top secret military facility...

Well, probably not, since it's right off the highway near a junction with another highway. Probably one of the busiest intersections north of Trotter.

I came across a couple scouts that were in fair shape.

Cool sign.

Farm trucks...

Last edited by hgs_notes; 09-25-2017 at 06:05 PM.
Old 09-25-2017, 05:49 PM   #793
fun in dirt

Thanks for posting! I'll tell you a secret ... those old farm trucks are a great source for radio delete plates
'06 Silverado SS...DD
'06 C1500 WT...DD
'07 Classic C1500 WT...DD
Built & sold cause can't keep 'em all:
'72 Blazer "The Bucket" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=433190
'55 Chevy straight axle gasser https://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173938
'69 Pro Street Chevelle http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332541
'86 M1031 CUCV http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=553619
fun in dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 07:02 PM   #794
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Nice pics from the middle of no where. Nice scouts too. They are getting popular now I've noticed.
1969 Chevy milk truck

Old 09-25-2017, 11:25 PM   #795
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun in dirt View Post
Thanks for posting! I'll tell you a secret ... those old farm trucks are a great source for radio delete plates
And tach dashes with air or vacuum gauges.
Quote:
Nice pics from the middle of no where. Nice scouts too. They are getting popular now I've noticed.
There is a scout supply place down your way I think.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:01 AM   #796
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

A few more pics and I'm getting caught up! We go to the derby at the county fair every year. This year there were a couple of odd entrants participating. I think this is about a 1950 or early 50's GM.

He took one hard hit into the passenger side and he was done. Caved in the whole side at the rocker. It seemed like a fairly straight and solid car to start with. I have no idea what he was thinking. Or if he was thinking at all.

How about a pacer in the compacts?

And there was a 4th gen camaro. I was shocked he got 2nd or 3rd.

This mustang was at the shop where I had my transmission fixed.

I think I saw this somewhere in Omaha. Basically the same exact truck as mine started out as, down to the color, painted bumpers and white wheels.

The slightly less famous gateway arch of Lincoln, NE. Near the industrial park. I think it was Lincoln.
Old 09-29-2017, 03:22 PM   #797
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

That 4 door chevy did look pretty decent before the treatment it got. It sure didn't take a hit very well. That is a really clean Mustang. Looks like a survivor? Is there any history to the Arch in NE? Or was it built near an industrial park or something?
1969 Chevy milk truck

Old 09-29-2017, 09:34 PM   #798
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Awesome pics as usual. Thanks for the ride Mike. I don't what kind of person uses and old 50's car for a derby. But tnx the non political correct answer is RETARDED...LOL

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:52 AM   #799
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Quote:
That 4 door chevy did look pretty decent before the treatment it got. It sure didn't take a hit very well. That is a really clean Mustang. Looks like a survivor? Is there any history to the Arch in NE? Or was it built near an industrial park or something?
The mustang looked mostly original to me but I didn't really look that close. Could be an older restoration. I think the industrial park was named gateway but don't remember for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Awesome pics as usual. Thanks for the ride Mike. I don't what kind of person uses and old 50's car for a derby. But tnx the non political correct answer is RETARDED...LOL
Lasted about 1-2 minutes. It was a shame.

I got my truck to one show this summer. With everything that was going on and trying to fix things on the truck after two engine swaps I just didn't have the time. Here are a few shots from our local (1st annual) buttered corn days event. Loved this mustang. The color is awesome and I think would be a good one for my 47 Olds (if it ever gets built).

Last but not least mine by the towns phallic symbol...

Time for me to hit the road again. Later!
Old 10-16-2017, 09:04 AM   #800
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

A couple broncos I saw in Mankato...

New wheels

We are usually at the dirt track races in Redwood Falls sunday nights in the summer. Only seen this one there that one time...

Waiting for someone to care...

I came across this Kawasaki KZ1300 on my way to Sioux City. It's pretty rough, had a lot of miles, but a runner, which is a big step up from mine. I called and left a message but didn't get a call back. It was gone the next week so it was probably already sold. I wonder how much he got for it.

6 cylinders of fury...

Saw this one in Brookings, SD. Kinda rough but has a bed side tool box.

Survivor...

A dodge rampage found outside a body shop in Worthington, MN for sale