The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-30-2016, 11:32 AM   #1
GAc10boy

Model/trim EXPERTS: Need help nailing down model/trim on my '69...

So I picked up a '69 swb c-10 farm truck a few months back and have started tearing into it. As you'll see from the pictures, it is pretty straight and has some old school riveted patches, etc, but this post isn't necessarily about its condition. This post is about model and options.

As you'll note, when I purchased the truck it had seen a repaint, had ugly aftermarket trim with adhesive, and a non original door due to a likely accident. And to top it off the SPID is barely legible. In fact I can only see that it had the original green vinyl trim listed on the SPID. I'm fairly confident all the body panels are original and 6 cylinder/3OTT are too. In fact, all the interior is original. The dash pad had a cool sticker on the underside that dated '69 and the lower seat cushion was dated Aug '69. The vin plate also matches the title from the 2nd owner in '77, which further confirms its a 6 cylinder truck.

That said, my initial thought was that the truck was a base model truck and one of the POs (I'm the 4th owner as best I can tell) had added the trim after the repaint. But, the truck has what looks to be the factory trim piece at the bottom of the rear window separating the white top and medium olive base, it has steel door panels but had the scroll in the seats, manual brakes and steering, only speedo and gas gauge in the cluster, chrome bumpers front and rear, and after pulling all the aftermarket trim, it has all the factory holes for upper and lower trim and tailgate as well, and simply says C-10 on the fenders (though that could've been changed during repaint). Also, amidst all the mirror holes on the doors, it looks like it had west coast style mirrors at one point and the traditional 3 hole mirror arms with 5" round mirror.

With all that knowledge about the truck, what model / trim package do you think my truck is? Could it have been a base truck with the trim added from factory?

Now for the pics...

The day I brought it home after getting new tires

Trim removed and original holes exposed

The interior is rough but believed to be all original - more interior pics coming

UNITED BY TRUCKS - classic truck video content
YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/unitedbytrucks
Instagram: @united_by_trucks
Paw Paw '68 508 Dark Blue Custom C10
Teddy '68 GMC SWB 503 Light Green LS Build
Mississippi Mud '75 Skyline Blue Patina SBC Build

Last edited by GAc10boy; 06-30-2016 at 01:19 PM.
GAc10boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 01:59 PM   #2
Mapearso

Re: Model/trim EXPERTS: Need help nailing down model/trim on my '69...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAc10boy View Post

With all that knowledge about the truck, what model / trim package do you think my truck is? Could it have been a base truck with the trim added from factory?
Nice truck!

Yes -- Could have been ordered from factory as a base C-10 with the trim option.

Looks like it doesn't have any of the chrome windshield, rear window or vent window trim?
Mapearso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 02:08 PM   #3
flashed

Re: Model/trim EXPERTS: Need help nailing down model/options on my '69...

It's about time you showed everyone the new old truck ,I have no answers for you as usual .But it's a good looking truck .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 02:27 PM   #4
GAc10boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapearso View Post
Nice truck!

Yes -- Could have been ordered from factory as a base C-10 with the trim option.

Looks like it doesn't have any of the chrome windshield, rear window or vent window trim?
Thanks! That was my suspicion but thought I'd throw it out to the experts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
It's about time you showed everyone the new old truck ,I have no answers for you as usual .But it's a good looking truck .
Haha! Thanks, John. I'm in the process of tearing apart the interior now and a ton of other upgrades. The floor ended up being much nicer than i expected. Still has the patches in the front part of floor but nowhere else. I'll be up to get that grille from you soon.

UNITED BY TRUCKS - classic truck video content
YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/unitedbytrucks
Instagram: @united_by_trucks
Paw Paw '68 508 Dark Blue Custom C10
Teddy '68 GMC SWB 503 Light Green LS Build
Mississippi Mud '75 Skyline Blue Patina SBC Build
GAc10boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 02:32 PM   #5
flashed

I wont be around this weekend ,going to the Carolina's I hope if we can find a rental car .If not we may take one of our old clunkers but it would be nice to have something with back support .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote