The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-12-2018, 08:05 PM   #1
bpope

Hello,

I'm pretty excited about a new to me truck I'm picking up this weekend. I have had a few SWB trucks in the past ('89, '04 and '11) and after debating on which route to go for another - I decided to go old. I'm picking up a '65 step side that really looks like a solid truck. I have a lot to learn about these old trucks - but I'm looking for some info on white walls, etc. The truck currently has truck rallies on it. I like them, but I actually prefer the skinny steelie look, better with a dog dish or baby moon. Even though the larger diameter steelies look good, I like the 15's better. After doing some research, I feel I'm better off just buying new steel wheels from WheelVintuqes or someone like that. My question is though, what brands of wide whites are most people running ... that won't break the bank? Thanks again for the help and I am looking forward to picking up this truck!
bpope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 08:12 PM   #2
raidmagic

Re: New Member

Congrats. Be sure to share pics when you get it.
raidmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 08:22 PM   #3
Clyde65
1965 Chevy C10, 2005 4.8L/4l60

Welcome!

If you don’t already have possession, my recommendation is to wait until you have it, then get it running/driving and safe, drive it for a few weeks and then make a plan for upgrades/changes. Many of us have struggled after we jumped into an upgrade real fast.
Good luck with whatever you choose!!

Rebuild of Clyde
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post8338184

69 Aristocrat Lo Liner build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post7561684

support our troops!
Clyde65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 08:36 PM   #4
bpope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde65 View Post
Welcome!

If you don’t already have possession, my recommendation is to wait until you have it, then get it running/driving and safe, drive it for a few weeks and then make a plan for upgrades/changes. Many of us have struggled after we jumped into an upgrade real fast.
Very good suggestion! Im buying a "driver" so hopefully its as nice as he says it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidmagic View Post
Congrats. Be sure to share pics when you get it.
I will for sure!
bpope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:52 AM   #5
raidmagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde65 View Post
Welcome!

This is good advise. I bought mine and according to the PO it was ready to daily drive. I have since completely replaced the fuel system, rebuilt the carb, rewired a bunch of lighting, have to fix an Exxon sized oil leak and tune it up. Now I'm just driving it around to see what else pops up before I tear into it to put my upgrades on it.
raidmagic is offline   Reply With Quote