The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2018, 10:49 AM   #1
Gabbyp

Headers for LS3/1952 Chev PU

I am trying to find a set of headers for installing a 4.8LS into my 1952 Chev PU. The stock headers are to wide requiring severe notching of the frame. The only company I found was Sanderson but big bucks and were plain steel and coated. I contacted Speed Engineering, based on positive results on this site, but they do not have one for this installation. They said their later model PU set had the tightest bends and might fit but they did not have any info.
I was watching the Iron Resurrection TV show where they put a LS3 into a 1950 PU with a custom frame that was a replication of the original frame. The headers looked like Stainless and fit the narrow frame. I sent them an e-mail asking who the manufacturer is but have nor received a reply.
My question is has any one done this type of conversion into earlier Chevy PU's and what headers were used. My last resort is to use the cast iron Hooker manifolds but want headers.
Thanks
Gabbyp is offline   Reply With Quote