The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2008, 11:57 AM   #10
FormerMember
Account Suspended

Re: Best way to lift 6 inches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericpost View Post
How much lift is this combo worth for the rear? I calculate about 5" without extra leafs. I'm probably going with the 4.5" shackle. If I decide on stock springs maybe I'd be better off with the 6" shackle and then adding "1" zero rate lift blocks" that both DIY and ORD have, this will allow me to relocate the axle if needed... Interesting option, is the pinion angle or lengthy shackle going to be a concern?

That also calculates to about 5" for the front, are you going to try to get another inch with add a leaf? This is definately the way I want to go but it looks a little daunting in terms of effort and like I said have a pretty busy frame front as it is..... I guess I could move my bumper brakets to the inside of the frame, that should help..... detail details details...

Let me know how the rear shackle flip goes. I'm guessing you are swaping the shackle mounts to get the extra 4" you need. I'm curious to see if you are drilling more holes in the frame or not... Not that it really matters but nice to know since I'll pick up a few extra drill bits while I'm in town!
I got 6" in the front, with the 52" rear blazer springs and the DIY4X kit on the Blazer. Shackle flip in the rear was completely bolt on. I used 4" lift 56" long SkyJacker leaves in the rear and got 6" of lift total, with a standard 6" long shackle in the rear.

The C/K used a set of 3/4 ton 52" springs and netted 6" but it's allot heavier on the front end.

Last edited by FormerMember; 11-15-2008 at 11:58 AM.
FormerMember is offline   Reply With Quote