The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-21-2012, 11:14 PM   #251
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: Br3w City's Project omgwtfbbq

Put the front bumper back on, and she's assembled fully sans the windscreen. Took a bunch of misc pics with her cleaned up a bit more.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:30 PM   #252
CRGRS 66

Awesome, but you will have bugs in your teeth until you get the windscreen in
Nice close up pics, how about a few from back a ways, give us the full affect...

My build thread, CRGRS 66 Winter Build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...09#post5638709
CRGRS 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:51 PM   #253
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Well alright then, I do have some full shots now that the windshield is back in place. The first go-round it ended up breaking RIGHT as it seated into the bead. The guys at the glass place felt bad so they hooked it up with a new one at cost. Not bad for a brand new, nice and thick windshield, and they even got the tinted one, as I preferred.

I have another pair of wheels getting powdercoated black to match the other accessories and should have them later in the week.

****Video Walk-around *******

Old 08-29-2012, 07:17 PM   #254
66farmer

LOOKS GREAT

Can you tell me what the windshield cost I,m in the market for one. Is yours clear with a dark band.
66farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:34 PM   #255
Solo2002

truck looks awesome the blue is killer and the mickys love those im still admiring those tail lights to and i wish i was as lucky as you with the grinder accident

Last edited by Solo2002; 08-30-2012 at 04:48 PM.
Solo2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:38 PM   #256
CRGRS 66

LOOKS GREAT, SOUNDS GREAT, MUSIC MADE ME WANT TO HURT SOMEONE

My build thread, CRGRS 66 Winter Build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...09#post5638709
Old 08-31-2012, 01:30 AM   #257
furrydice79

just read this whole thread from page one....great work!!!
furrydice79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:58 PM   #258
El Campo

Truck is looking and sounding great! How are you liking those MT? Are they worth the money do you think? I was looking at them and they are $$$!
72 Chevy SWB: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=486626 (Attempt/Mistake #2)
2003 Harley Davidson Dyna Superglide with 2007 Street Bob front end
2000 Ford F350 Powerstroke 4WD CCLB, 310,000 miles running great (STOLEN St. Patricks Day 2014 AND NEVER RECOVERED)
2002 Ford F250 Powerstroke 4WD CCLB (To replace stolen one)
Hook em Horns!!!
El Campo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:17 PM   #259
coulter

the color the sound of the motor over all and you threw in some killswitch engage

bagged 66 longbed build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=449548

my favorite colors.. black, rust, and shiny!!!! instagram: @coulter918
coulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:41 PM   #260
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Campo View Post
Truck is looking and sounding great! How are you liking those MT? Are they worth the money do you think? I was looking at them and they are $$$!
Thanks for all the positive comments guys! I'm super happy with it so far, and once I have the powdercoated wheels back for the front, with new tires and an alignment, she will be at what I call "a checkpoint".

The M/T are prob one of the best tires out there. To be honest, I havent' actually tracked the truck, so I've never done the proper burnout procedure and tried to launch on them....I need to wait till the new shifter is in and I get my overdrive setting changed before I run it.

As far as street driving on them goes, they are a pretty good street tire, and considering the cost of ANY tire for a 12+ wide wheel, they aren't that bad. I've got about 3400 miles on this set, and they have been just fine as a street tire except 2 things.
1. because of the size (and the suspension on the truck...they "bounce" a bit
2. Rain..its evil, but I can keep the truck straight on the highway in a downpour....but emergency stops and starting off in a puddle is tough (i try to avoid that obvisouly.

Old 08-31-2012, 09:51 PM   #261
Solo2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
Thanks for all the positive comments guys! I'm super happy with it so far, and once I have the powdercoated wheels back for the front, with new tires and an alignment, she will be at what I call "a checkpoint".

The M/T are prob one of the best tires out there. To be honest, I havent' actually tracked the truck, so I've never done the proper burnout procedure and tried to launch on them....I need to wait till the new shifter is in and I get my overdrive setting changed before I run it.

As far as street driving on them goes, they are a pretty good street tire, and considering the cost of ANY tire for a 12+ wide wheel, they aren't that bad. I've got about 3400 miles on this set, and they have been just fine as a street tire except 2 things.
1. because of the size (and the suspension on the truck...they "bounce" a bit
2. Rain..its evil, but I can keep the truck straight on the highway in a downpour....but emergency stops and starting off in a puddle is tough (i try to avoid that obvisouly.
hear ya on the wet road with the M/T they are on my car and lets just say taking off on a wet road is quite a challenge and for the track they rockespecially for a street/strip ride
Old 08-31-2012, 10:05 PM   #262
whitels1

Hell yeah, sounds and looks great!

GoldyLS1 K20 Build

My K10 Rock Crawler

-Dave
whitels1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:52 PM   #263
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

This is only a 1-pic update as its a holiday weekend, and I've just been driving her around a little.
I had the wiper arms that I painted a while back with everything else, and finally got some new blades so I could re-install them. This is the final piece of exterior time (sans the wheels at powdercoaters) that could be re-installed, officially having the truck "together".

I also had to cut and re-weld the arm on my Kilduff shifter, since Mr. Kilduff doesn't seem to know how to properly use a tape measure. Should be installing it this week, pics will come then.

Old 09-04-2012, 06:32 AM   #264
niterider65

Cool Re: Br3w City's Project omgwtfbbq

lookin goood whats them leaves on the drive way are the leaves turnin all ready lol dang its to darn hot here 101 toda worked early in the shop buy noon its hunting a c next weekend rain and my be low 90 s
lookin good man
niterider65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:14 AM   #265
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Ya, well it get fall-ish early up here, and that tree just sucks. It always drops crap on my truck.

As I mentioned, I had to mod my new shifter since It was made to the wrong height. Looks like my welds are improving

Old 09-07-2012, 11:49 PM   #266
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Hooked my shifter up, and bolted it down. I really like the 'gate' that it has. My old shifter worked fine, but this is more positive as it more or less locks into each position, and has a spring feel to the handle. I also opted for the reverse lockout so I don't do anything stupid by accident.

Side note; I was using a drill-socket adapter thingy that I had extra from a Ryobi drill kit. What a piece of garbage. Installing a self tapping screw for the shifter.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:54 PM   #267
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

It's been a while since I checked in. It has really turned out nice!! Congrats on the progress.
Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:25 PM   #268
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Thanks Alan!

I picked up my wheels from powdercoat today, nice n satin to match the rest of the accessories!

Old 09-11-2012, 08:38 AM   #269
whitels1

Wheels look great.

GoldyLS1 K20 Build

My K10 Rock Crawler

-Dave
whitels1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:55 PM   #270
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Did most of the cutting and test fitting of my Synthetic decking for the bed. This is just test fit over the plywood. I still need to pull the plywood out, drill and secure these, and cut the little filler pieces for the edges.

Old 09-14-2012, 12:18 AM   #271
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

My bed is going to be multi-piece, so I can access the under bed fuel cell. I was working on the rear main portion today. I had to take a bed support, cut it down , and weld it and a square tube spacer to the crossmember, so the "wood" sits even in the bed. Because of its thickness and difference in width, it lines up a lot differently than normal.

Then it was a matter of lining up, drilling, syncing, bolting and repeating.

I need to finish off the ends, and do the rear portion this weekend.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:06 PM   #272
CRGRS 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
My bed is going to be multi-piece, so I can access the under bed fuel cell.
Hope you don't mind me questioning that hose connection.
What kind of hose is that, and what kind of connection is that brass swivel? I would want to make an improvement there.

Old 09-15-2012, 01:07 AM   #273
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

You're welcome to make any improvements to my truck that you'd like. Just send me a powerpoint on what you'd like to change, and funding for the parts to my paypal account. Please allow 15-30 days for changes to occur, no refunds, if multiple ideas are submitted for the same thing I reserve the right to pick. That is fuel injection rated braided fuel hose, the kind of stuff you would normally fix an AN fitting to. While a 90* AN fitting and shortening the hose up would be prettier and more "correct", the setup is not really a hazard.

The fitting itself is an AN to hose barb fitting, as for why its brass, thats what came in the box when I ordered it. The line is a RETURN line, and that is a fuel injection rated clamp holding it in place.

I understand your concern since its on a fuel system, but its all FI rated stuff, proper connections and correct clamps etc, on the lower pressure side of a return fuel system.

Old 09-15-2012, 02:18 PM   #274
68GMCCustom
Truck and auto performance nut

....still look better with a 90* tho.

'68 GMC short step - NIB '09 LY6 6.0L crate motor w/mods, NIB '12 crate 4L85e w/billet 3k stall Circle D, 3.73 posi 12 bolt, DynaTech f-swap headers, 3/4 drop, handling mods, etc. - my toy
'72 Chevy LWB C-10 Highlander - 350/350 ps/pb/tilt/ac - not original but close
'06 Chevy TrailBlazerSS - LS2/4L70e - little black hot rod SUV - my DD
'18 Kia Sorento - wife's econo-driver
'95 Chevy S10 - reg cab shortbed, LS, 4.3, auto...

my '68's powertrain and chassis build -links broken
A surprise phase - carb to efi -links broken
68GMCCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:08 AM   #275
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Ya you better run

Random Pro-Tip; If you ever get crap all of the splatter shield on your welding helmet, its kind of annoying. Between burn marks, gunk from cars falling on you, weld spatter etc, it can block a lot of vision. Although you CAN buy new shields, the shield itself wasn't really damaged, just gunked up. A little polishing compound does a pretty nice job extending its life.

I cut up a bed support and used some square tube to build a support/drop subframe for the rear boards, allowing the location of the gas filler.

Then I mocked up the rear boards, only bolting a few in place for spacing, and made the hinged door for the gas filler. It has spring roller hinges, a magnetic clasp, and I have to add a handle to open it as well.

Tomorrow I'm finished the removeable door for the access to where I will be moving the battery, bolting down the rear of all the boards in the back, and getting trim strips for in between some of the boards.