The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 07:44 PM   #26
Cole Trickle
C-10 Club Member

Re: Am I being pushed around or is this typical CPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 short step View Post
CPP has given the same excusses for many years, for jeff to act ignorant of whats going on is a lie..also i agree with liz (that doesnt happen alot, and im normally on the defending end) but dont try and say we NEED your support/$$, cause we dont...we know what CPP is about, and how you treat customers, thats why my customers and i dont use you guys (CPP)...also what a joke, asking to delete all the negitive posts about CPP, how bout addressing and FIXING the problems rather then trying to get them hidden from the publics eye...
Like mentioned numerous times reputation and customer service is everything......

I read alot of posts and did a ton of research prior to buying the drop kit and brakes for my 1969.

I called and talked to a CPP rep (not Jeff) and felt like I wan't quite getting the answers or detailed info I needed to drop $2,000. It would have been a ton cheaper and I would have saved on shipping costs due to the fact that I work in Orange County........The board issues and that one phone call turned me off.

On the flip side I was impressed with what alot of people said about ECE so I made the call. I was walked through the entire purchase and they went over almost evey nut and bolt that would be effected in the install.

I placed the order and honest to god the stuff was on the porch (400 miles) the next day.

Prior to installing the kit my uncle ended up picking up a 1964 step side. He was intrested in doing brakes and a drop also and had seen cpp's advertisments in the truck rags. He asked me what I thought and I said I would go with Jeff as he seems to do a great job for the board members. He ordered up approximatley $1500-1700 worth of product and seemed really happy with the purchase. He said that Jeff treated him well and really hoooked up the pricing compared to what was advertised on there site and in the magazines.

He had a couple isues (no real biggies) and was shipped the wrong length panhard bar and I think one other thing (can't remember) He said he felt like they treated him like a dummy when he told them the part didn't fit. The person on the phone wasn't really helpfull and he said he had to get kind of agressive to get them off there ass and measure the correct part to verify what he had was wrong. He also needed a couple other things to complete the install and ended up making a 1.5 hour drive down to the shop to get the truck done. He asked me why wouldn't they have sold him the stuff I needed the very first time when they knew he was doing the install ASAP???

Needless to say he has ordered a couple other parts from ECE and Brothers (Brothers actually just messed up a motormount order)

I also have to admitt that prior to the issues with my uncles order I left a message for Jeff while he was at lunch for some brake parts and shock supports and never got a call back......I ordered from ECE and got the other parts at the truck shop

Like Nate said sometimes 50% off isn't a good deal

I would love to support a local shop as I feel they are good for the community but I have a hard time doing that right now
Old 01-07-2011, 09:12 PM   #27
leddzepp

I am one of the few people on this board that defends CPP....but then again, it's because I live down the street and buy parts at the counter. I have never had a problem with customer service at the counter. I think CPP has the best parts going, but they can't seem to send the right ones when someone places a mail order.

I mean, how hard is it to put the right part in the box??!! Are the employees illiterate, or just really lazy and apathetic?? I understand a mess-up every now and then, it happens....but this seems to happen a LOT with CPP. It seems that it is the "norm" to have the wrong part sent, rather than the correct one. If I did not live down the street, you can bet I would never order anything from them just based on what I read here.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
Old 01-13-2011, 12:23 PM   #28
CHP c-10

Hey All,
Want to give an update. I received the last package from CPP for my order 1/12/11- one month after they charged me for them. I don't know if they are the correct part yet (assuming they are). I had a schedule set - brakes were to be finished before I took it to the mechanic for the LS/4l60e install so it would be drivable to test the motor. Now this delay has real cost to me since now the truck is at the shop and I will have to pay them to finish the brakes.
FYI- CPP never offered any discount or express shipping for their multiple mistakes. I now know to be more thorough in my pre order questions...
Lesson learned
Old 01-13-2011, 01:59 PM   #29
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHP c-10 View Post
Hey All,
Want to give an update. I received the last package from CPP for my order 1/12/11- one month after they charged me for them. I don't know if they are the correct part yet (assuming they are). I had a schedule set - brakes were to be finished before I took it to the mechanic for the LS/4l60e install so it would be drivable to test the motor. Now this delay has real cost to me since now the truck is at the shop and I will have to pay them to finish the brakes.
FYI- CPP never offered any discount or express shipping for their multiple mistakes. I now know to be more thorough in my pre order questions...
Lesson learned
Glad to hear you got those parts i shipped out to you. Let me know if i can personally help you in the future as i will gladly give a discount and turn it into a positive experience. The part about asking for lead times and ETA'S i could not agree with more. Thanks again for all your feedback.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:43 PM   #30
68 short step

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPPJEFF View Post
Glad to hear you got those parts i shipped out to you. Let me know if i can personally help you in the future as i will gladly give a discount and turn it into a positive experience. The part about asking for lead times and ETA'S i could not agree with more. Thanks again for all your feedback.
jeff, instead of hoping to make a positve experience in the future, why not make one now??? the OP has been lead on and lied to for awhile now, and you always seem to reply with a "next time we'll make it right", not only in this thread but others too...also you also seem shocked to hear such complaints, and say " wow, i had no idea", and " let me make it right, next time"....
you know the problem now, and still you refuse to offer any kind of compensation for ya'll misleading, and bold face lies....
Old 01-13-2011, 07:58 PM   #31
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 short step View Post
jeff, instead of hoping to make a positve experience in the future, why not make one now??? the OP has been lead on and lied to for awhile now, and you always seem to reply with a "next time we'll make it right", not only in this thread but others too...also you also seem shocked to hear such complaints, and say " wow, i had no idea", and " let me make it right, next time"....
you know the problem now, and still you refuse to offer any kind of compensation for ya'll misleading, and bold face lies....
Tell you what bro what dont you come down here and sit in my desk and show me how to do my job. Im am just a little guy in this company trying to help out. I give all members discounts, cut in front of 1000s of orders that people have already placed to help out and i am not even a manager at CPP i am just a salesguy who has the same passion as yourself. I given the farm away here stayed hours after work to fix issues and its never good enough for some of you guys. I have been called an idiot, stupid, liar and everything in between. When all i have done is tried to help you guys out. There are flaws at CPP that management is trying to workout but from this point forward i will be staying alot quieter on this board. There is an office vacant next to mine come down here and see a day at CPP and if you say this place is not hectic i will run from here to Texas naked. There is so much going on here its unreal, nobody in sales is playing poker or working on a rubix cube, we all work all day doing the best we can, i understand orders sometimes go wrong but a TON of orders go right daily thats why we have 24 phone lines ringing off the hook from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m EVERYDAY! As much as i agree with what some of you guys are saying something must be working right as this place is NEVER slow!
Old 01-13-2011, 08:20 PM   #32
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPPJEFF View Post
As much as i agree with what some of you guys are saying something must be working right as this place is NEVER slow!
So that makes it right for these guys who keep spending their hard earned money with CPP but get the shaft? I was going to purchase some parts for my 40 ford from CPP until I kept seeing all the bS bad deal threads. I will go another route because I don't have the time to re-order parts and wait for the UPS guy or really have time to let the car sit torn apart in my shop. Good luck getting these problems resolved in your company.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:41 PM   #33
Big Port Jimmy 6
Addicted to Rust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
The problem is, there is an issue somewhere. I feel for Jeff, and whomever else.. but in the end, folks get told one thing and something different happens. Yep the parts are great, and I would love to see these threads stop. The above post from CHP c-10 shows its continuing though. I know of someone else whom had a similar problem, and hoped it was a one time thing.. seems not the case. Hope Jeff and the rest can prove me wrong. I have a really hard time supporting a vendor paid or not who has as many issues as this.

The above is MY opinion only, and not the site as a whole. I am speaking for myself as a member, and not as administration etc.. I have seen folks perma banned over slow deals, and a bunch less off them. I just hope CPP steps up and shows me how wrong appearances can be.
Liz, I really think that you owe Jeff an apology. Why would you openly threaten him\CPP with banning. These type of actions should be done in private. You have just undercut the value of his advertising expense and made me and others that would consider becoming Board Vendors more wary. What if I have some issues will you also kick me while I am down. I know that you said it was your personal opinion not the opinion of the board, but it was written in a post with title of admin under your name. How can we separate the two?
I have had some issues with CPP also, but they mainly seem to be in communication. I hope also that the CPP crew can get a better handle on things, and I will buy from them again when the situation warrants. Jay
87 GMC CCSB 5.3 4l60E Daily Driver

ECTA National record holder XO/PP

We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:51 PM   #34
CHP c-10

Hey Jeff,
Thank you again for calling me awhile back to figure out/help what was going on. I am not as fired up as 68shortstep, but that does not mean I am happy with my experience with CPP. It seems the parts you folks have are great products, and I was planning on using the tubular a arms and the complete rear 'totally tubular' set up. That must be the reason you are as busy as you say.
I am a hobbyist at best. I don't build hot rods for a living. I am a small time customer for outfits like CPP. But I am a hot rod enthusiast. I have two other hot rods, one of which was a very high end build so I have dealt with a number of manufacturers and suppliers of various hot rod parts over the years. I am always fair and straight forward with my end of deals. In fact, on a previous build, a shop held to their original price quote despite some extra work that presented itself. I paid him more than he billed because of their extra effort and work.
I am kinda old school at heart. When I buy something I expect to pay immediately and in exchange I expect to get what I ordered and get it in a timely manner. When things don't happen that way I expect an immediate apology and sincere attempts to rectify the problem.
I had plenty of patience with CPP through out my 6 calls to figure out the delay. I know there were weather problems and stated phone trouble. I also know that I was given a different and often conflicting story EVERY time I called. To cap it all off when I asked a manger to call me (since "he had already left") the same sales guy called me back and said his manager would just hand this problem off to him anyway...
To sum it all up, I will let my money do my talking. That is our biggest voice as consumers. Your offer of 'discounts next time' is convenient, but unnecessary. I don't believe I will be sending any more money your way.

Last edited by CHP c-10; 01-13-2011 at 08:53 PM. Reason: error
Old 01-13-2011, 09:07 PM   #35
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Port Jimmy 6 View Post
Liz, I really think that you owe Jeff an apology. Why would you openly threaten him\CPP with banning. These type of actions should be done in private. You have just undercut the value of his advertising expense and made me and others that would consider becoming Board Vendors more wary. What if I have some issues will you also kick me while I am down. I know that you said it was your personal opinion not the opinion of the board, but it was written in a post with title of admin under your name. How can we separate the two?
I have had some issues with CPP also, but they mainly seem to be in communication. I hope also that the CPP crew can get a better handle on things, and I will buy from them again when the situation warrants. Jay

I did not threaten anyone with anything. The truth is many folks have been banned over bad deals. We have always stood up for members whom have issues in deals, and helped them as much as we can. That is what I said. Things were dealt with in private, as I also stated. Turning it around on me in any other way is ridiculous. If a vendor is wary of advertising because we watch out for our members, then they should likely look elsewhere. We have many long term vendors whom we have great relationships with.

As far as separating my opinion from the site as a whole..it is what it is. My opinion, nothing more, nothing less. I have to reflect on my postings before they are entered for many reasons. I weigh them heavily most times, and it takes a whole lot for me to post in that manner. The quote that dieselwrencher replied to made my heart sink. I really hope that was simply worded wrong, as it looks pretty bad if not.

I have never ever undercut an advertiser, as you suggest. I also have never ever supported sellers that have a line of customer complaints. We always give the benefit of the doubt to our vendors, and remove those who continue to have complaints.

To toss accusations such as you have without knowing all the facts is goofy. CPP makes a great product. They have had Admin support on many levels. They have been given more leeway with postings etc then any vendor in the past. And we have worked with them above and beyond in linking issues etc.
That and more, was ALL done in PRIVATE.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:21 PM   #36
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

We have had several requests to close this thread. The OP has had a resolution for his items, and at this point we feel it has run its course. We ask that all those whom have had good experiences with CPP, post those in the review section.
Closed Thread