The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-23-2012, 08:55 AM   #126
AUSSIE54

Re: 48 panel truck

G'day Shannon, very nice work there mate. That is a pain that the wiper assembly intrudes on the area for your demister vent, but I'm sure you'll come up with something out of the box. Will you be running any sort of windscreen washer system? I actually now wonder if any one does? I've not heard of it being mentioned on any of the threads so far. Your cowl infill looks great as well. No doubt from the helping hand that you had!!

Regards, Trently.
Posted via Mobile Device
AUSSIE54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #127
xpickup

oldman3, Thank you. I think my wife knows that it will not be the last! He loves just to get dirty for no reason. He has a good teacher on that. I get dirty just looking at something dirty!

mud.man.rj, Yes it is great. He turns 5 on the 30th, so I just have to keep him interested in it till he is older .That should not be hard to do. My two daughters are excited to get it finally on the road. They like to set in it while I move it around.

Kabwe, Thank you. Yes, there is always ways to get things working with a little amagination, I do not like to be stumped. Sometimes the universal parts do not fit the best and then then get redesigned buy me. Nothing seems to fit right out of the box.

AUSSIE54, Thank you. The wipers are in and work( or aleast they did till I took them out). The defrosters will be easy compared to them, I hope. We do not have any dirt in the USA so I will not need a windshield washer system! HAHA! No, I do not think anybody puts one on. They did not have them from the factory so it will not get one. The new cowl filler work out really well. I would do it like that again if/when I have another one to do. It was good to have Garrett out there with me. He always askes if I will be welding or grinding. Because then he does not like to come out with me. He was out of his moms hair for over 3 hours probably and I bet she love it till we both came in dirty!

Shannon
xpickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:52 PM   #128
xpickup

Well it has been a while since I posted on my build. I have been doing the body work on it and sprayed the epoxy on it for the last time. So now I will be putting it together now. I also have to mount the new seats and the seat belts along with rear fire wall panel that I made. Of course I paneled it on the bead roller. I have to also make the inside panels and put in the carpet. Then put in the glass. I have 2 weeks till the street rod show here in York. I hope I can make it with it. I have been working on it everyday for I do not know how long. Well here are some pictures and there will be more on Sunday.

Shannon
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2012, 11:23 PM   #129
hotrod1
56 - autocross

That looks great. What gauge sheetmetal did you use for the beadrolled portion?
hotrod1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:00 AM   #130
oldman3

Shannon, 48 is looking real good, nice panel you made up. Was wondering why you haven't posted, now I know. Hope you make it to York, panel would make a good showing, will be waiting for Sunday update.....Jim
oldman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:25 AM   #131
mud.man.rj

Glad to see the panel coming along, hope you make the show.
mud.man.rj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:56 PM   #132
_Ogre

looking good xman

how to put your truck year and build thread into your signature
shop air compressor timer
_Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:16 PM   #133
xpickup

hotrod1, Thank you. It is 18 gauge.

oldman3,Thank you. Yes I have been thrashing on it now for 2 months. And we are very busy at work also. I did not post any of the body work pictures because it was not interesting enough. The York show is less than 2 weeks away now. I hope to get a lot done tomorrow. Then I will post pictures.

mud.man.rj, Thank you. I hope too. The biggest hold up will be the insurance I am sure.

_Ogre, Thank you.

I figured I would post pictures of the other panel truck I am also working on. Do not shoot me I know it is a FORD. I just shot it in filler primer and started to block sand. I did a lot of custom mods on it. It is a good friends truck. He also has a COE I did a lot on, but is on hold till the panel is finished and then back on to it.

Shannon
Attached Images

Old 05-19-2012, 11:24 PM   #134
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Man that ford is laid. I don't care what brand it is if its nice and that ford is nice. You are a bad man Shannon.
Kabwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:52 AM   #135
Rude Dude

Good job on the Ford Panel, I like everything including front lights but not to crazy on the rear ones I would have used something like this just me good job either way!
Attached Images

Rude Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:04 AM   #136
AUSSIE54

G'day Shannon,
I'm so glad that it looks like you are going to make it to the show. I know you've been pumping the hours in both on the panel and at work. After all of the crap you had with the rain and flooding etc earlier on, you really deserve a break and I hope this will be it for you.

Great looking work as always. Nice to see your panel out in the drive. Did you go through much primer to get it covered??
Posted via Mobile Device

Trently.

My build thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=482263
AUSSIE54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:26 PM   #137
oldman3

Shannon, nice job on the Ford, I remember seeing the mods being done on the front end with the newer Ford stuff, very nice work....Jim
Old 05-22-2012, 11:17 AM   #138
Dinos63
chevy only

Both panels are so sic!such nice work
Old 05-22-2012, 02:19 PM   #139
PRWFAB

looks good X. Had mine started the other day. It was a big day. Oh FYI instead of wasting 3 hrs checking and rechecking connections and relays check to see if your body is grounded. I felt like such an a@@. Question about no bumpers. Do you have any problem or for see any problems with PA inspection with no bumpers I would like to leave mine off in back
PRWFAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:38 PM   #140
_Ogre

i won't shoot you for posting a pic of a sweet panel truck
however, you might shoot yourself after trying to block sand a panel truck

that thing is nice

Old 05-24-2012, 10:04 PM   #141
xpickup

Kabwe, Thank you. I too like all brands too , but mostly Chevys.

Rude Dude, Thank you, It might have looked good with those tail lights but too late now.

AUSSIE54, Thank you. Yes I have been busy both at home and work. I bet I have been working on the panel at least 20 hrs alone probably more. It will be great to drive it on the road. I am sure I will have an ear to ear smile! I would have not used as much primer as I did if the dumba$$ me would not have hit the gallon with the hose and knocked it over. Word to the wise always put the lid back on when you are done mixing. I used a little over a gallon.

oldman3, Thank you, it has been an on going project. I figure I would give everyone an update.

Dinos63, Thank you.

PRWFAB, Thank you, I know it is great when you get to the milestones like the first time it runs. I think in PA you only need a bumper it the front. My panel has a front bumper and my buddies has a tube behind the front that should be alright.

_Ogre, Thank you. I know what you mean about the block sanding. I am sure I will be crazy when they are both done. I always said if I would have built my 54 truck it would not have taken so long. All those damn long panels!

Here is the latest update. Front fenders are on but the grill still has to be put on. The windshield is in , only after cracking 2 passengers sides. But it is good I have a buddy that does glass and he took my new drivers window and he beveled it the opposite way and took a little off the corners. I just have to do the seam in the middle. All the seat belt anchors are in. I have lap belts in the back and 3 points up front. Seats are all mounted. Tomorrow I will make my inside panels after work and start on the insulation. It is getting closer.

Shannon
Attached Images

Old 05-24-2012, 11:32 PM   #142
oldman3

Shannon, really looking good. Tomorrow I head to Springfield, MO for the Mid-America Nats. Will be driving to and from each day, about 250 miles round trip. I have to come home each day because of my wives illness, but I enjoy driving the truck, so all's good. Will try to take some good pics and post them. Hope you makes it for Nats East....Jim
Old 05-24-2012, 11:43 PM   #143
_Ogre

sweet glass job

Old 06-12-2012, 08:53 AM   #144
PRWFAB

Good morning x need a favor i may get in trouble for this but i have some big $$$ issues if you know anyone in york area i'll let my baby go for $3000 i have to move her quick i would do this if i wasn't in such a bad spot 887-7477 thanks bud
PRWFAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:12 AM   #145
99 to Life

getting closer, ahhhh such a good feeling. Just think, if you didn't have to work on everyone else's projects you'd def be done by now.

49Hardtimes s/10 susp- bagged, vortec sbc, 5 speed, patina, sold
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=594874
VIDEOS https://youtu.be/E8zHhjgS_lA
https://youtu.be/E8zHhjgS_lA

Geronimo 54' LS engine, static drop IFS, Client build, just about done
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...62#post7399162

52' 3100 Slowly in progress, will be painted two toned, have 235 with a t-5, lowered OG frame

Other projects, 49' farmuse 3100, killer Patina, will be slammed, LS engine, full done interior up next!

www.coffeeandcustoms.com
99 to Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:09 AM   #146
oldman3

Shannon, well bud, did you make Nats East with your ride, hope so, lets us know how things are going.....Jim
Old 06-12-2012, 11:57 AM   #147
focusedontheprize

Great progress. The light at the end of the tunnel seems to be getting brighter...
focusedontheprize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:42 PM   #148
xpickup

oldman3, Hope you had a great time at your show. No I did not make it to the show. I was a little disappionted with the show. As I said before it is not the same as years ago. There seems to be less and less venders every year. I did not even go on Sunday because I rather work in the garage on the panel.

_Ogre, Thank you. I only broke 2 passenger side pieces! I had 2 wind shields so At least I have a buddy that has a glass grinder turn my spare drivers side into a passengers side. I had him take some out of the corners and rebeval the v but area.

PRWFAB, Sorry to hear that. I will ask around. There is always someone looking for a project.

99 to Life, It is getting closer. I know but that pays for this hobby on mine. Plus I love doing it.

focusedontheprize, Yes, it finally is.

Well here are the updates. It has been for ever since I last posted. I did not make the show but I have insurance and tags. I have driven it 3 times on the road and it drives well except it is too low. I am going to put a set of coil spacers in and see how that is. And if that does not work I will take off the drop spindles and put stock ones back in. The bumper is the lowest thing and nothing besides that is below the frame. I have to put in the radiator panel yet and a few other things and maybe I can get it inspected on Friday. My passenger side exhaust hits the front of the axle tube so I either have to slide it up in the muffler or cut a little off and then slide it in and then I can put my tip on. It has been a long 3 months but it was worth it when I drove it the first time. I id not get any of my body work done on the front end but at least it will be driveable. I can work on that this winter. Here are some pictures.
Attached Images

Old 06-12-2012, 09:46 PM   #149
xpickup

more.

Shannon
Attached Images

Old 06-12-2012, 10:35 PM   #150
hotrod1
56 - autocross