The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-25-2017, 12:27 AM   #76
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: sprint_9's 72 C10 Project

Yup, that's how they all look. Driver side typically fits better than passenger. Be prepared to pie cut in a few places to get the fit spot-on. Also, the radius at the rear of the pass side was incorrect. I'm probably a bit too picky, though...

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 10:57 AM   #77
sprint_9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason7121 View Post
My rockers were same way and required slight body work too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringoloco View Post
Yup, that's how they all look. Driver side typically fits better than passenger. Be prepared to pie cut in a few places to get the fit spot-on. Also, the radius at the rear of the pass side was incorrect. I'm probably a bit too picky, though...
Good to know that is just how they are.

The rest of my panels should be here today, inner rocker with floor ext., kick panels, and front door pillars.
sprint_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 06:27 PM   #78
sprint_9

Small update from last weekend. Welded some plates to the floor for my seat bolts. I started out just tacking and moving, like what would be done on body work, and then we figured with the thickness of the plates, no butt seam, and the creases and steps in the floor to just give a full bead a go. I have to say it worked great, and was an awesome learning experience getting to lay a full bead in relation to just tacking.

I ended up finding/creating a hole in one of my cab corners, so I decided to cut them both off and just start over. This will be more work but it will be easier to do the floor support, and I can fine tune my gaps during the panel replacements. Gaps from the factory leave alot to be desired, hopefully I can do a little better.

Also Fedex dropped off an upgrade today, they look really nice.
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2017, 06:32 PM   #79
sprint_9

Also a side note, Photobucket can suck it.

Not really sure what to do with my thread since over half the pictures are gone now, half temped to start a new one
Old 08-04-2017, 09:00 AM   #80
68Gold/white

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprint_9 View Post

Not really sure what to do with my thread since over half the pictures are gone now, half temped to start a new one
Just throw a few pictures on here, in order (if you want), carry on!!!

There's a boat load of threads here, that are goofed up because of them.
68Gold/white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 09:26 AM   #81
Jason7121

I have never used photo bucket but yeah they can suck a fat 1
Jason7121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 09:44 AM   #82
MMcMasters

Quote:
I have never used photo bucket but yeah they can suck a fat 1
Can I join in on the "photobucket can suck it" bandwagon?

70 Med Olive build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=714804

Instagram- protouring66
MMcMasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 08:26 PM   #83
sprint_9

I read over a thread on here last night and found that they are working on a couple different fixes. Looked like it may take a few weeks to get something in place
Old 08-04-2017, 08:44 PM   #84
drfloyd

Subscribed. Nice work.
drfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 08:47 PM   #85
sprint_9

Finished my stand and got the cab lifted onto it. I lifted from my seat holes which worked pretty good once I got my rigging figured out. It should be a nice way to get it back on the frame once its painted.

Started cutting on the passenger side.

Not sure what is worse, spot welds or rivets.
Attached Images

Old 08-05-2017, 01:45 PM   #86
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprint_9 View Post

Lots of work, but you could copy your pics from PB, host them in a gallery here on the site, then plug them back into your previous posts

Instagram _elgringoloco_

‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
Old 08-06-2017, 08:44 PM   #87
sprint_9

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfloyd View Post
Subscribed. Nice work.
Thanks

Continued cutting and fitting my floor. New rule in the shop, measure and fit 10 times, then cut once.

I ended up really screwing up my floor extension, I checked it a couple times, drew a line on it, cut on the outside of the line and ended up way too short on the front. Only thing I can figure is it wasn't sitting right when I was fitting it. So I spent most of a day redoing that, patching it, etc. Good practice welding I guess.

I ordered some cab corners from classicparts.com and they came Counterpart instead of Key/Triplus, huge disappointment. The body line on one is like double creased, the other I cut to see it I could make it fit and it was 3/8 of an inch off on the radius around the cab. So Im ordering a different set from my trusted vendor.
Attached Images

Old 08-06-2017, 10:29 PM   #88
Jason7121

Some progress is better than no progress I guess. I spent about 20 hrs installing push button start I'm my truck haha. My l.e.d brake lights were causing back feed voltage in my push to start module and took me forever to figure out. I feel your pain!
Old 08-07-2017, 10:51 AM   #89
sprint_9

Quote:
Some progress is better than no progress I guess. I spent about 20 hrs installing push button start I'm my truck haha. My l.e.d brake lights were causing back feed voltage in my push to start module and took me forever to figure out. I feel your pain!
My inexperience in this type of work shows, but there is only one way to learn and I do kind of enjoy it, especially welding.

I saw you mention that push button start and I think an alarm system too in another thread somewhere, what are the details of it? I kind of want some kind of alarm system.

Last edited by sprint_9; 08-08-2017 at 09:30 PM.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:09 AM   #90
Jason7121

Company is digital guard dawg. You can run power door locks through it also along with push button start.
Old 08-07-2017, 03:01 PM   #91
sprint_9

I'll have to check them out, power locks would be nice too.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:11 PM   #92
sprint_9

Took a day off work today, got the front floor support cut out and tacked in, rear floor support mostly fitted, outer floor ready to weld in. From there I hung my door and got it aligned, atleast the best that I can get with what I have to work with. Everything is pretty good with the exception of the top corner where the vent window would be, that gap is pretty narrow and widens as it goes lower down the angle of the windshield pillar, everywhere else on the door is a pretty even gap.

Once I got a fairly satisfactory gap I worked on some loose mock up of my outer rocker and cab corner. Rocker doesnt fit too bad, I need to go toward the fender some or maybe add a little filler piece. Cab corner is terrible. I have two different sets of cab corners and both are garbage. Im going to cut one up tomorrow and see if I can get it bent around to fit, its definitely going to be a challenge.
Attached Images

Old 08-12-2017, 02:55 AM   #93
Jason7121

Progress looks great your getting there one battle at a time. Fitment issue take a long time to perfect but make it that much nicer in the end.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:51 PM   #94
sprint_9

Some of last weekends progress. Tomorrow I hope to have the lower front door pillar welded in, get the door rehung and everything aligned, and finally weld the cab corner and rocker on. I was able to make some slits in the folded lip of the cab corner and get it to fit relatively close, I can push and manipulate it as I tack it in to get it finalized.
Attached Images

Old 08-16-2017, 09:01 PM   #95
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Yeah man! Keep it up. Pictures don't do justice to the amount of work that you've done

Instagram _elgringoloco_

‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Old 08-20-2017, 11:42 PM   #96
sprint_9

Quote:
Progress looks great your getting there one battle at a time. Fitment issue take a long time to perfect but make it that much nicer in the end.
Quote:
Yeah man! Keep it up. Pictures don't do justice to the amount of work that you've done
Thanks guys.

Here are some details from this past weekend, got the passenger side done for the most part, I have to weld the bottom of the inner and outer rocker together but I am going to do that on the inside lip, so Im going to flip the cab on its back one more time for that, also need to do a little finish work on the floor supports at that time. As well as some work to do on the gap between the rocker and cab corner, it has that great aftermarket panel gap that needs a little work.
Attached Images

Old 08-20-2017, 11:52 PM   #97
sprint_9

Started on the drivers side, it wasn't rusted as bad in spots but worse in others when compared to the passenger side. In any case its getting the same treatment, so far it looks like my cab corner will fit a little better, and the rocker a little worse. Need to hang the door to get a better idea though.
Attached Images

Old 08-21-2017, 10:32 AM   #98
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Killing it! Great work

Instagram _elgringoloco_

‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Old 08-31-2017, 06:54 PM   #99
sprint_9

Quote:
Killing it! Great work
Thank you sir, your's is coming along nicely too.

Figured I would do a small update before this weekend. Most of last weekend was spent fitting my floor supports and rocker mock up. Rocker mock up was very time consuming to get a consistent gap, I ended up cutting a spot weld on it and bending it to get it to fit, it was sitting on kind of a hill in relation to the door and hitting on the front edge were the door pivots when opened and closed.

I also had a pretty significant amount of damage to my lower front door pillar, the replacements really seemed crappy and in changing them I would loose some of my reference points for that lower fender bolt hole, so I cut the bad out and used the replacement for a patch panel.

And finally I was never really happy how my intake came out, an improvement yes, but just not what a I wanted. I ended up with a Doorman Gen 3 truck intake and shaved it down. Its actually a two piece intake so that made it very easy to work on. Ive got a little porting to do on the intake runners and it will be ready to bolt on. Im a lot happier how this one turned out and how it will look on the engine.
Attached Images

Old 09-16-2017, 11:12 PM   #100
sprint_9

Had kind of a lull in my updating, same old stuff on the rockers, so not much to report. I have really been fighting the drivers side. The cab corner was a pain, I ended up going through two cab corners, luckily the second one fit with some force. The rocker has been even more difficult, I cut my first one all to pieces trying to get it to sit right in relation to the door and it just wouldn't fit without major surgery, so I bought a second one and Im going to try that tomorrow.

In the meantime I really needed a break from the nightmare of rocker replacement so I moved on to the firewall. Welded my Vintage Air panel in, and smoothed the passenger corner and wire gutter. Have a few more holes to fill and some grinding that that will be done.
Attached Images