The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2012, 08:37 PM   #1
OSDCrusher

1993 K1500 running rich

I have a 1993 Chevy K1500 1/2 ton with a 350 TBI that is hard to start when the engine is cold and it always seems to be running rich. When the engine is warm, the truck will fire right up every time. I believe there is a related problem with engine temp, the temp sender looks new, but the temp gauge only goes to 1/4, never half way no matter how long the truck has been running. The truck has new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and TPS. I have also replaced the fuel and air filter, and I cleaned the throttle body with carb cleaner and it still runs rich. I have to press the pedal down about half way and crank it for it to start, and if I don't, it will fire and then shut off. The truck registers no codes and the check engine light has never came on, and that doesn't make sense to me. I'm not positive what the issue is here, so any advice would help.

Thank you
OSDCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote