The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-04-2009, 08:28 PM   #1
laplander

Just became a 'Burb owner....

I called the old owner and he received payment, so as soon as the shipper can pick it up, this '72 will be my new daily driver. What I know from the previuos owner, it's C20 that has got a 350/350 combo with Doug's headers and a new exhaust, two row seating and is going to get A/C installed as soon as it arrives. Here's a pic of it. does anyone know what color this is?
Nik
Attached Images

laplander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:43 PM   #2
prairewolf

Re: Just became a 'Burb owner....

good find on the Sub, .... I am biased to 8-lug wheels and barn doors.

life is good, kent
Old 06-04-2009, 08:52 PM   #3
laplander

Thanks for the compliment. I was looking for a tow vehicle and this fit the bill perfectly. I'll make it my own in no time. Do you if this would this have come with white dog dish caps or hubcaps? I've always liked the look of white wheels and white caps.

Nik
Old 06-04-2009, 09:01 PM   #4
prairewolf

My Subs original caps are mostly white, I know there is a thread somewhere on this site with good pictures of stock hub caps.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:03 PM   #5
Luis_gz06

Nice Burb!! Looks like an aqua green color. But could be wrong. But still nice though.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:00 AM   #6
Average Joe

Looks like a nice clean ol ride. Is that a second filler neck I spy in the picture? So did this come with factory AC and are you fixing it or are you adding a whole new setup? Just curious as my 67 has no AC and have thought about the aftermarket kits.
Average Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:33 AM   #7
jimbug

congrats on joining the club!
enjoy thouroughly, and daily!
jimbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:52 PM   #8
laplander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
Looks like a nice clean ol ride. Is that a second filler neck I spy in the picture? So did this come with factory AC and are you fixing it or are you adding a whole new setup? Just curious as my 67 has no AC and have thought about the aftermarket kits.
It does have a second tank, but I'm going to be doing away with it. It came from the factory with no a/c, but since it's a requirement out in the desert, I'm going to go with either Vintage Air or Classic.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:21 PM   #9
Average Joe

Let us know how it turns out and take lots of pictures.
Average Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:34 PM   #10
1956cameo

That is one solid burb you found there! If you are wanting to keep that original paint on there for a while might I recommend something. Go to the parts store and get some Meguairs swirl, light scratch, and oxidation remover. My suburban has paint in about the same condition as yours, good shape but dull. I put some of that on there and buffed it by hand and it made the paint look like it just came off of the factory. I was able to buff my pass. door and front fender in about an hour by hand. Might be worth the effort.
1956cameo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 08:57 PM   #11
decodan
C-20 Long Stroker

Hey,
Why do you want to get rid of the second tank. I am trying to find one to add. 20 gallons does not get you very far especially if you are going to be towing. Might think twice before taking it out.

Looks real nice !

Just my 2 cents,
Dan
1951 Chevrolet Suburban
1952 GMC Suburban
1963 Mercury Comet 2-dr (Sorry, I know)
1963 Mercury Comet 2-dr Parts Car, (better than what I originally started with)
2010 F-150 4WD
2015 Subaru Outback (what the hey, got to have one that is not a gas hog)
decodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:51 AM   #12
capev86

nice rig.....

yes, i definitely agree on buffing out the factory color. and i'm not a fan of the aux tank either, especially with that ugly filler neck. classic performance products (got my big sway bars from them) has a 26 gallon upgrade tank. the biggest problem with the the 3/4 tons is most have a 4.57FD (ho52/eaton rear) and none have an overdrive. i am hoping to trade my guts w/ a guy with the 4.10 who wants to do a lot of offroading. also, my truck has the manual 3 speed saginaw with column shifter which i want to keep and augment with the rare OD unit that replaces the tail cone (no driveshaft cutting). if my truck was an auto, i would have just swapped in the 700r4. i want to keep my truck somewhat original and keeping the 3OT is the opposite of the route most guys take (swapping in an auto).

my truck has the original 307 w/ an electronic ignition conversion done to the stock distributor. i will be swapping in a 406sbc eventually which will give me a ton more trailering capacity. still need to find or build a trailer hitch that will handle 10-12,000 pounds (this is a 3/4 ton truck after all) and i have a wiring adapter, trailer harness and factory 84 gm brake controller from my dad's 87 burb going in. also replacing the dinky sport mirrors w/ 84 burb stainless towing mirrors and have a set of chrome teardrop roof lamps from my dad's old 72 burb that will be the icing on the cake....look like a big rig going down the road. will probably swap out the stock rear coils for the optional HD units because i am serious about heavy towing!
capev86 is offline   Reply With Quote