The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-15-2014, 01:42 PM   #1
-hooch-

New from Oklahoma!

Thunder up! New guy here from Oklahoma. My name is Connor. I've read from this forum and admired everyone's trucks for a long time (especially Delmo's but who hasn't?? ) and I've been active in a mustang forum for my '06, but now I find myself spending more time on my trucks than the stang. So here I am!

My main project is my 55-57-59 pickup. I've got a 55 front end (I prefer the 55-56 grille the best), 57 big back window cab, and 59 fleetside bed. The reason it's so pieced together is because we did piece it together! My dad, who is the other person to the "we" I refer to, bought the truck for the big back window and found the fleetside bed and traded the step bed we had for it. He tried to get the best pieces he could, and I think it'll look great! We had it sitting in the yard for years since we moved out to the country, and even before that it was sitting next to our shop at our old house. One day I got home from a car show and decided it was time we got the old truck going, so I pulled it out of the ruts it had sunken into and we've been working on it ever since. Our goal was to have it ready by Good Guys in March, but our other project we just picked up has slowed us down a little. However, it may end up funding this project!

So, the other project we picked up is a 64 Chevy SWB. Besides some rust around the rain gutters, this truck has no dents or really any rust in it. We found it about a year ago and finally got the chance to buy it about the beginning of this year. When we looked at it and saw how straight it was we had to get it. The guy didn't know if it would run, if any electrical would work, etc. We were taking a shot in the dark, but we knew we had enough extra parts and a 327 to get it going, and nothing was really missing anyways.
Long story short, we put a battery in it and I changed the fuel pump and we had a running, driving 64 Chevy. The 230 still runs good! I jiggled the wires around the taillights and they started working. We jigged the wires where they came through the firewall and we had brights again. Everything worked easy. We couldn't have been luckier. Since then, we have had to rework the Hurst floorshifter someone put in. It was shifting backwards (reverse where low was and low where reverse was and so on) and we replaced the heater core and now we have heat and defrost. We also bought some hubcaps and painted them (we know they're not the right ones, but they're what we could find at the hubcap shack). We also painted the grille white since it was black. Next will be to paint the front bumper white and find a rear one and do the same for it. The only other things we need to do are put in new front springs (they heated one on the drivers side and now it rides on the bump stop ), so we got some front only springs by Hotchkis off ebay. It also needs foam badly in the seat on the drivers side and a new seat cover. Let's say it is not comfy... Then we will cut the springs on the back and maybe lowering blocks and drive it to Goodguys and hopefully sell it! That'll hopefully fund me a set of centerline smoothies and hubcaps and some other stuff for my 55.

So, those are my trucks and I'll be starting a build thread soon considering I'm sick and laid up on the couch and I can't work on the trucks. I'll post up a link to the build thread as soon as I have it going.

Here's some pictures of the trucks:

The 55 right before I pulled it out-

The 64- (just imagine a white grille in it!)

And one of my mustang just for fun-

We've got a couple other street rods that might be popping up in the build thread every now and then... In fact, one is in April's issue of street rodder. Here's a hint... it was one of the Street Rodder top 100!
-hooch- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 03:05 PM   #2
-hooch-

Re: New from Oklahoma!

And here is the link to the build thread for the Apache as I call it already on it's way.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post6527246
Old 02-18-2014, 12:19 AM   #3
kcsa75

Welcome to the forum. You're among friends.

Used to live in Edmond.

People who blindly follow a GPS end up on television programs on The Weather Channel. Some survive, some don't.
kcsa75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:51 AM   #4
-hooch-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcsa75 View Post
Welcome to the forum. You're among friends.

Used to live in Edmond.
Oh very cool! I'm starting to see more and more trucks pop up around here.

Thanks for the welcome.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:48 AM   #5
screaminchevypickup
Laid Back

Welcome from mcloud..

Direct dealers for..

Vintage Air, Porterbuilt, Billet Specialties,Budnik wheels ,eddie motorsports, raceline wheels, intro wheels, Dakota Digital, precision, unisteer, Trimparts, and many many more... Laid Back Recreations.. Full restoration shop and full paint and body..

Kyle

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=574629
screaminchevypickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:44 PM   #6
1ATony

Welcome to the site.

Tony
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:52 PM   #7
-hooch-

Quote:
Originally Posted by screaminchevypickup View Post
Welcome from mcloud..
Thanks! I may be calling you sometime within the next year for some of your products!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ATony View Post
Welcome to the site.

Tony
Thanks, Tony!
Old 04-01-2014, 05:36 PM   #8
61_Apache_4x4

I'm new to the forum too -hooch-. I also live in Edmond, OK and currently working on a 61' Apache 10 4x4 build

I look forward to swapping pics and stories, as well as any help or advice!

Thanks!
Attached Images

61_Apache_4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:28 PM   #9
-hooch-

What a killer truck. Let me know if you ever need any help. There's a lot of guys that would kill for a truck with patina like that. What are the plans for it?
Old 04-03-2014, 11:59 AM   #10
61_Apache_4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by -hooch- View Post
What a killer truck. Let me know if you ever need any help. There's a lot of guys that would kill for a truck with patina like that. What are the plans for it?
'

Thanks -hooch-! We're starting with the 235 I-6, getting it running like a top so that we can drive it to and fro comfortably! Then move on to the brakes and steering, get those in tip-top shape and then throw some big ol' wheels and tires on her...it'll be our 4x4 monster!
Old 04-03-2014, 12:00 PM   #11
61_Apache_4x4

You have any good recommendations on upholstery shops in the OKC metro area and surrounding towns that are inexpensive and do great work? Looking to get the bench seat reupholstered.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:58 PM   #12
-hooch-

We just got our seat redone and hopefully it will be in the blue truck by cars and coffee this saturday... But yes we know several good interior guys. The one we used for the truck's seat was Truman at Truman's Fabric & Foam. His place is south of OCCC about two miles on the west side of I44. Here's the website...http://www.trumansfabricandfoam.com/index2.php#/home/

Hope that helps!
Old 04-03-2014, 02:06 PM   #13
61_Apache_4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by -hooch- View Post
We just got our seat redone and hopefully it will be in the blue truck by cars and coffee this saturday... But yes we know several good interior guys. The one we used for the truck's seat was Truman at Truman's Fabric & Foam. His place is south of OCCC about two miles on the west side of I44. Here's the website...http://www.trumansfabricandfoam.com/index2.php#/home/

Hope that helps!
Awesome, thanks for the info...we'll definitely check them out! If you don;t mind me asking...what did you get done to your seat and how much $ was it?