The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-08-2003, 09:25 PM   #1
moodyholler

1972 Blazer Help (again)

OK you 'all have me hooked. I can't wait every day to get home and read the new posts on this forum. My 72 blazer has only a lower strip of chrome on it with woodgrain,door panels have woodgrain and glove box cover has woodgrain and a super Cheyenne emblem on it. Is this correct or has it been added? Is it a super cheyenne blazer?I only have a few pictures of it to post as daylight doesn't last long 'round here after I leave the grinder. There has been a ton of info gleaned from these posts. Keep it comin'.
Attached Images

1994 C-1500 SWB 4.3 5 SPD
moodyholler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 09:36 PM   #2
1970blazin
Blazerless:-(

My blazer is a 70, and has the woodgrain lower trim, and woodgrain CHEVROLET band on the tailgate. It didn't have the woodgrain bezel, or the glovebox, In 1970 they called it a "Custom Sport Title" (CST) versus in 72 they called it "Cheyenne Epuip." I have a some copies of a bunch of info a guy copied for me about the 72 blazer. I should scan it and post it for you- pretty cool stuff. It tells how much each upgrade cost when you were buying your blazer, and what came with each trim package.
I am not sure if the super cheyenne emblem is right, but it makes sense to me that it is original. My 70 glovebox emblem is the "Custom Chevrolet" so I would think in 72 they would have put on a Cheyenne emblem. If you need any more info that I may have on these sheets let me know.
Diane

1970 CST Blazer-Orig. Dark Blue-SOLD

Progress Pics of Blazer for sale
1970blazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 10:47 PM   #3
moodyholler

Thanks, Diane

That info would be great. I really like the top on your 70. I have purchased an extra top so I can drive mine and work on the top.I intend to start body prep in the spring and am toying with the idea of removing the trim fromn the side of the body and around the tailgate. Thanks,Moodyholler
1994 C-1500 SWB 4.3 5 SPD
moodyholler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 04:04 AM   #4
72k5

Yours looks exactly like mine did in '72 (right down to the dent in the RR from the dealer added tire carrier). You have the CST emblem on the middle of the doors. Mine has a similar CST emblem on the glove box door. That's all. I think the other stuff was added or the glove box door swapped out. JMO and I am far from an expert on factory details.

Sweet looking truck. Makes me wish I hadn't ripped most of the wood trim off wheeling when I was younger. Not that I love woodtrim, but it does give it a well kept original look.

Guy who painted it 10 years ago kept what was left, including a perfect tailgate piece. Wish I had known what he was getting.

Nice truck!