The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-15-2017, 03:46 PM   #1
Drjeseuss

Question Noob Fixing a 1993 sierra gt, 5.7 engine, 2wd, positive differential

I recently acquired a sierra and it is my first time ever owning something older than 2005. i was hoping to get some info On DYI repairs i can do to the truck and some tips on maintaining a vehicle like this. The engine is in really good condition what i need help with is more appearance and a few tech questions. will take all the help i can get.
*First off the gauges arent reading accurately, the fuel is about a quarter tank off and oil/heat doesnt seem to register at all.
*paint on the rims looks scraped off, they are aluminum. was hoping to fix that on my own if possible.
*some of the plastic buttons are chipped or missing,like ac up or down and things around that. can i replace them or do i have to buy the whole piece new.
- yes i know i can youtube a lot of this but its hard for me to find things specific to my car and dont wan to do anything im not suppose to
Drjeseuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 11:34 PM   #2
Chevyaz

Re: Noob Fixing a 1993 sierra gt, 5.7 engine, 2wd, positive differential

You can replace the buttons. If you want to check the health of the engine hookup a vacuum gauge tester and see what readings you have. Link up some pictures on here so there is a better idea of what you want answered.
Chevyaz is offline   Reply With Quote