The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-27-2004, 06:39 PM   #1
My72Cheyenne
"Work in Progress"

Question Goodmark Industries moulding

Has anyone purchased any of the Goodmark Industries mouldings (upper or lower)? If so, how is their quality? I'm considering ordering a complete set (upper and lower fleetside) and wanted to make sure the quality is acceptable.
Thanks in advance for any input.
My72Cheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 03:56 AM   #2
GMCPaul

We carry this trim at a substational savings over Goodmarks price. You will find it here
http://www.gmcpauls.com/body_side_trim.htm
The trim is great, the manufactured supplied clips that come with them plainly put suck. If you have original clips re-use them, if not we recommend the clips sold seperate that we source from a different manufacturer to install the trim.
GMCPaul
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 09:09 AM   #3
vtblazer

Trim

GMC Paul...does the short bed lower fit a blazer also?
If not do you carry the blazer trim?
vtblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 09:15 AM   #4
GMCPaul

The short wheelbase and Blazer trim are different because of the 2 pieces just forward of the rear wheels. We don't have the Blazer trim listed on our site but we do carry it. Give us a call or email and we will be happy to help you out.
GMCPaul
Old 03-19-2004, 09:17 AM   #5
vtblazer

Great

I will, thank you. :p
vtblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 11:02 AM   #6
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

What can you tell me about their 73-80 Side Molding Sets #4144-909-731S ? I want to replace all the side molding on my 77. I ordered a set from LMC but the brightness & sheen look nothing like OEM trim.

Can you give my any info?

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 11:28 PM   #7
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Since I couldn't get a response I eamiled Goodmark. Here is the results-

Greetings,
I see you have Side Molding Sets # 4144-909-731S for 73-80 GM trucks. Can you tell me how close to OEM this trim appears? What I am concerened with is the brightness and sheen of the material.

I have already purchased a trim set from another company and it doesn't look anything like the OEM trim. I want an "exact" match for the truck I am restoring.

The reply from Goodmark-

There is only one manufacturer for these aftermarket moldings overseas…quality is OK but not great. See your local Chevy dealer for a NOS molding…if no longer available, you will have to find good used or NOS.

Goodmark
Old 03-31-2004, 05:54 AM   #8
GMCPaul

N2TRUX Sorry I don't make it here every day and to every post as I feel making sure the business runs smoothly comes first, and my recreational browsing of the boards comes 2nd.
There is only one manufacturer of the reproduction trim for the 73 up trucks unlike the 67-72's which have 3 manufacturers.
The manufacturer is Corvex and its definately not of OEM grade in our opinion. The 73-87 trucks are in a transition period on replacement parts. When aftermarket company's first begin producing the parts they are considered in most instances a crash replacement part which means they quite often fall a little short on quality, as they get older more companys develop tooling to replace discontinued parts creating a competition on quality, once the vehicles reach about 30+ or older the aftermarket industry puts more effort into tooling as they are now trying to produce restoration quality parts due to the fact that those doing restorations expect & demand OEM quality for restoration parts unlike crash replacement parts for daily drivers where folks seem more concerned with how cheap is it and will it look decent installed because they aren't seeking perfection in most cases.
The 73-87 have begun to expeirence this change over in body panels currently. The new CAPA certified 73up doors and fenders made of Galvanized steel are a excellent example of this, prior fenders & doors were fair replacements but these are superior replacement panels over even GM NOS I feel now.
N2TRUX if you have any specific questions on any parts quality drop us a email as I can't always be here to read all the posts, in fact I wouldn't have noticed this one if it had not been forwarded to me by email from another board member.
GMCPaul
Old 03-31-2004, 09:47 PM   #9
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally posted by GMCPaul
...... N2TRUX if you have any specific questions on any parts quality drop us a email as I can't always be here to read all the posts, in fact I wouldn't have noticed this one if it had not been forwarded to me by email from another board member.
GMCPaul
Actually I "did" send you a PM if I'm not mistaken. I sent emails out to quit a few people about this subject, so I loose track.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I have been trying to find OEM or OEM quality trim for a while. I ran across your post, and thought you might have another source.

In searching the web, I ran across Goodmarks listing for trim, and emailed them. I thought their response was informative enough to post.

Please don't take offense at my post. I was only inteded to inform others...
Old 04-01-2004, 05:21 AM   #10
GMCPaul

N2TRUX I just went and checked my PM box expecting to see it empty since I do not have it turned on and sure enough there was a PM from you. Not sure how you PM'ed since after I saw that it was there I checked our options settings and it says I have it turned off. So yes you did PM us as you thought, and I wasn't being rude in not answering I never knew it was there. I took no offence to your post, I just wanted to let you know I try to stop in and review posts made since my prior visits but I don't always get the time to, Have a great week!!!!
GMCPaul
Old 04-06-2004, 06:59 PM   #11
Spoof

Hi GMC Paul,
If I may ask who is the manufacturer of the preferred 67-72 trim? I understand if you would rather not divulge it, it's simply because I'm located in Canada and you are aware of the problems we have ordering from the US. I would like to verify the maufacturer before I ever place an order in the future. PM me if you wish. Thanks.