The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-03-2017, 01:39 PM   #1
dwkresin

Blue 72

So my brother bought a real pretty blue blazer fresh from the paint booth back near the turn of the century. It blew the motor so I installed an extremely low mile motor for him and it sat until roughly 2 weeks ago when I drug it home.

I didnt want this thing because I knew what it was but my wife bought it and I get to fix it. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love these and just sold my truck so I could buy a 69-72 long bed. In her defense she was helping out my brother who is in the middle of a sucky divorce.

Your up to date or good enough. Right now the issues to be addressed are all about the driving. It runs like an old chevy that sat in a pasture forever so it needs a fuel tank and a tranny. The tranny is brand new rebuild with a bad case. I did it I got a core off CL and it stated very clear that it sat outside for 27 years. The case corroded at the accumulator and is beyond the sleeve kit. I started building the original tranny yesterday. Hopefully my second rebuild goes better than the first.

I know everybody is about pictures and I have some but need to figure out how to get them from my phone to here.
dwkresin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 01:52 PM   #2
dwkresin

Pictures wont upload from my phone so I'll figure it out later.

Last edited by dwkresin; 06-03-2017 at 01:55 PM. Reason: because I messed up
Old 06-11-2017, 11:29 PM   #3
dwkresin

Re: Blue 72

Figured out the pictures. PITA!!!
Old 06-11-2017, 11:35 PM   #4
dwkresin

From the pic above you might notice its not coming home under its own power. The tranny was shot and I rebuilt one but it blew the accumulator twice. So its on a second rebuild right now. I got it put in and drove it some but its a little bit off and I'm ironing it out. I did hammer it and the accumulator held so hopefully its good.
Old 06-15-2017, 08:01 PM   #5
Maximus

I upload my photos to photobucket and link them to the site, you can even upload from your phone with a obotobucket app...

Also, don't get the "didn't want the blazer because I knew what it was" doby dig blazers? First gen k5s are one of the more desirable bodys in the GM truck world.

Looks like a nice k5

Last edited by Maximus; 06-15-2017 at 08:19 PM.
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 03:57 PM   #6
dwkresin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
I upload my photos to photobucket and link them to the site, you can even upload from your phone with a obotobucket app...

Also, don't get the "didn't want the blazer because I knew what it was" doby dig blazers? First gen k5s are one of the more desirable bodys in the GM truck world.

Looks like a nice k5
These blazers and trucks are my favorites by far. I Tried explaining this but it comes off like I'm crying and complaining.