The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-21-2012, 06:01 PM   #1
nxtlevl

Drop kit on....

Finally got the drop on the truck...As it is my well-driven daily, I just opted for a 2/4 drop...Going to have some work done on the bed..shaved stake pockets..roll pan...hail dents..etc. then eventually remove badging/molding and get my painted tahoe shell put back on......Just replaced the side windows/rear glass recently, because my old ones were pretty bad...Now if mother-nature will give me a break, I could get my wheel wells cleaned up and painted....
Attached Images

nxtlevl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:57 PM   #2
cochino12
It followed me home?

Re: Drop kit on....

nice truck, lets see some more pictures and details

That's why they call it a shortcut Kyle, if it was easy it would just be the way.

86 c-10 SWB
85 CCSB
90 GMC K30 Crew SRW
1985 C30 Dually
cochino12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:24 PM   #3
nxtlevl

Thanks.........I bought this 2000 Silvy with 110k on it a while back for pretty cheap locally..My intentions are to make it look like a "factory sport-truck".....Looked like total crap when I brought it home, and have slowly over the last few months been trying to fix it up little by little..New windows..All new lights..'03 tails..Cowl hood...McGaughys shackles/hangers..Belltech spindles...painted Tahoe shell (not on the truck currently)....GM Accessory 20's..tons of other maintenance related things etc..The bed has some hail damage, but I'll get that taken care of when I get the roll pan/shaved stake pockets done...debadged etc...It has the 4.8 which doesn't do too bad, and later down the road I'll start upgrading that..I've been having fun getting it back into shape.... I think it's come a long ways since the day I brought it home. (which is the last picture posted)...I'm lovin' it, and look forward to spending more time/money on it, but would like to get it done and start focusing on the Camaro again.....
Attached Images

Old 03-27-2012, 01:46 PM   #4
o6r1man

Looks damn good man! I'm doing the same as you with my 04 and it had been for me as well. Keep up the good work and keep the pics coming.
Posted via Mobile Device
2012 Denali HD dmax
o6r1man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:53 PM   #5
BLK2K2SILVY

Looks good! A little more colormatching and you'll be good to go!
BLK2K2SILVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:10 PM   #6
drivewaycustoms

The drop looks good, I'm going to do the same on my work truck. What size tire are you running?
Posted via Mobile Device
33 Plymouth sedan
03 S-10
86 S-10 Blazer

IG drivewaycustoms
drivewaycustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:19 PM   #7
Kid

looks really good. I like your wheels too. What year model are they?
Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:20 PM   #8
nxtlevl

Thanks everybody.......Still have alot of more things I want done, but it will get there eventually...Currently running the stock 275-55 tires on it which are going to be replaced with a 40 or 45 series...These tires are a little on the big side, but they are like new and I couldn't afford to shell out any more money right now...They rub slightly on full "lock to lock" turns, but I just try to be careful and haven't had any major issues so far........
Old 03-27-2012, 08:23 PM   #9
nxtlevl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
looks really good. I like your wheels too. What year model are they?
Thanks...I'll have to get the style # from the back side of the rim, but they are GM Accessory wheels that can be ordered from GM.....I bought the wheels/tires used from an older guy for pretty cheap....I plan on getting a different set of factory wheels later on this year when I get some more money saved up...
Old 03-27-2012, 10:21 PM   #10
o6r1man

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtlevl View Post
Thanks everybody.......Still have alot of more things I want done, but it will get there eventually...Currently running the stock 275-55 tires on it which are going to be replaced with a 40 or 45 series...These tires are a little on the big side, but they are like new and I couldn't afford to shell out any more money right now...They rub slightly on full "lock to lock" turns, but I just try to be careful and haven't had any major issues so far........
I would go with the 275/45/20 if it was me. Thats what is on my truck....I liked having the little extra sidewall.
2012 Denali HD dmax
o6r1man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:33 AM   #11
nxtlevl

Quote:
Originally Posted by o6r1man View Post
I would go with the 275/45/20 if it was me. Thats what is on my truck....I liked having the little extra sidewall.
Thanks for the info....If/when you get a chance, toss up a pic of your truck..
Old 04-09-2012, 11:12 PM   #12
aiRFLo

Looks I good man, I have the same truck and still got a way to go but it's my DD so I can only do so much at a time. Getting ready to paint it though and finish my HD front conv.
Posted via Mobile Device
aiRFLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:51 AM   #13
nxtlevl

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiRFLo View Post
Looks I good man, I have the same truck and still got a way to go but it's my DD so I can only do so much at a time. Getting ready to paint it though and finish my HD front conv.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks..........I know how it is trying to fix something up that's a daily driver...Seems like you always have to go back and re-do something you just did, because it inevitably gets screwed up....That's all this truck will ever be is a DD....I just figured I'd put a little money in it here and there, and try to make it look decent....You'll have to put some pics up of your truck. I was originally going to do the HD conversion on mine, but I picked up this cowl hood for super cheap and just went that route instead......