The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-04-2017, 05:19 PM   #1
rideair

iBoard Suburban

In fixing up the 1988 Suburban, I wanted running boards, but not the "Old Man" full length ones (like that was on it) or did I want the "Big round, you can slide me across rocks" boards either.

Really wanted something that help me get into the truck without wearing out the side of the drivers seat, not really noticeable, but with a clean look.

Decided to go with a set of aluminum "iBoards", that are 4" wide. They make a 4", 5" and 6" wide boards, but on their website, they do not show one for the old square body chevy's. I decided to go with a 74" long iBoard (fits 1999-2007 Ford Extended Cabs) which will go just past the break lines on the doors.

Here's a couple of pics of a quick placement, now to cut and weld the brackets to work, and it will be checked off the list.
Attached Images

rideair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 11:24 AM   #2
blakerj10

Re: iBoard Suburban

Excellent! Was thinking the exact same board for the exact same reasons on my K5. Happy with the 4" or would you recommend the 5" now that you have mocked it up?

How did the advertised length measure against true length? I want to take mine fender lip to fender lip. Maybe a couple inches short of each fender lip.
blakerj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 09:30 PM   #3
rideair

blakerj10,

Funny you ask about the 5" instead of the 4".

For what ever reason in my head, it was set on the 4" plan and simple.

If I had to do it all over again, I would get two pieces of wood (4" and 5" wide) and do a mock-up with that first, before making the decision. The first thought in my head when setting it up was: "Should I have gotten the 5" instead?" Too late now.

As for the length, pretty sure it's 100% correct, but will double check it for you tomorrow to make sure.

What you will have to do it figure out the length and width you what, then call iBoard directly and ask them for a part number for a set of boards that are that length. Also, the mounting brackets are all different depending on the manufacture of auto, so keep that in mind. I think the Ford bracket was close to what I need, so went with that setup.

Mine are 74" long, part number "iboard ib-f4003a"

I'll let you know about the length tomorrow.

Enjoy,
Old 06-08-2017, 05:38 PM   #4
rideair

I stand corrected,

On the one I selected,

The "tread" was 74 1/4 inches
The iBoard total length was 74 3/4 inches long.

I was wrong, but don't tell my wife!

Enjoy,