The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-15-2010, 09:09 PM   #1
brandon283

1960 Chevy Swb Fleetside 283

Hey, I have been looking around on this site for a while now. Really great site for information and some really nice looking trucks aswell. I hope someday some mine will look as good as some of them on here. I am not on the computer a whole lot, but when I will try keep this updated, and load pictures on. I am not sure how to load pictures yet, hopefully I will figure it out soon, or someone can give me a hand.

I hope this works for you guys, this is the link to my pictures-

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...9&l=d30061ba34

The truck. I bought my truck last year because of its motor. i wanted a 283 for my 1962 Pontiac Parisienne. The plan was to just get the pontiac on the road and get my airride working, drop in the 283, and put the 6 cylinder from the pontiac in the truck, just to get it moving under its own power and sell it. Well, since the truck was a short wide, i already wanted to keep it, and having proof that the 283 was numbers matching to the cab, i knew i couldnt seperate the two. The motor was rebuilt sumtime b4 i got it, it ran great. we pulled the oil pan, cylinder walls were perfect and the crank was cut 10thou. now plans changed. i ordered cab corners, rockers, floor panels, bumper and fenders. Bought a 650 holly, aluminum intake, headers, aluminum water pump and a comp cam(very lumpy) lol. i am using a saginaw 4 speed from a camaro, and either the stock rearend(has posi) or swapping from another truck. i have a front crossmember and suspension that i bought for $50 to convert the truck to disc brakes, and coils. I am also gunna use the power steering from a 68 gmc we have.

this truck should look like a hot rod from the 70s or 80s. i really like the 15 inch wheels and raked stance. i know some of you guys are going to hate this, especailly since im only 16 and i like sumthing so old hahha

so far i have the floor done and the frame sandblasted and painted. once i post pictures you will see all the other work that has been done. my roof was really bent up badly, so i am replacing it with a roof from a donor cab. headliner panel is also being replaced, aswell as the passenger side a pillar.

hope you like my truck, please comment once i have pictures, i would like to hear any advice or criticism you have.

Brandon
brandon283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:53 PM   #2
jonzcustomshop
1961 crewcab

Re: 1960 Chevy Swb Fleetside 283

looks like you've got alot done so far, looks good.
jonzcustomshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:56 PM   #3
brandon283

Re: 1960 Chevy Swb Fleetside 283

thanks, and thanks alot for your advice with the roof too, i think theres some pics of my roof progress there. i will have it on as soon as i get my eyebrow panel.
brandon283 is offline   Reply With Quote