The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-19-2010, 09:43 AM   #1
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

need gauge cluster wiring diagrams

I am getting ready to Frankenstein a tach cluster for my '74, and need to see if anyone has a diagram of the gauge cluster for a '74 and 76-77. I am going to put a voltage gauge in my '73-4 tach cluster, and repin the plug. Just need to see what is where. I think I have a '77 cluster in there already, it has a voltage gauge and mechanical oil pressure. I am almost sure it is the one out of my old '77 Blazer, but don't remember for sure. Thanks in advance, if anyone has them....
Old 11-19-2010, 09:09 PM   #2
SCOTI

Re: need gauge cluster wiring diagrams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
I am getting ready to Frankenstein a tach cluster for my '74, and need to see if anyone has a diagram of the gauge cluster for a '74 and 76-77. I am going to put a voltage gauge in my '73-4 tach cluster, and repin the plug. Just need to see what is where. I think I have a '77 cluster in there already, it has a voltage gauge and mechanical oil pressure. I am almost sure it is the one out of my old '77 Blazer, but don't remember for sure. Thanks in advance, if anyone has them....
That cluster is the OE 74 unit.

I don't care for ampmeters & like to know the voltage. I removed the amp gauge & removed the amp gauge circuit board tabs. I installed the voltmeter out of that 77 cluster, wired the 12v source to the pwr feed for the clock (since it no longer worked) & ran a short ground to the cab under the dash.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:31 PM   #3
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

Re: need gauge cluster wiring diagrams

Problem solved. I guess I should have asked the Man. Now it's obvious I am too lazy to unscrew the last 3 screws to get the cluster out.... I guess it didn't register that the voltage gauge was in there until last weekend. I went to pick up furnature and started mapping out my tach swap and noticed it then.