The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-15-2017, 09:24 PM   #1
Bobby Pootz

Belltech Rear Sway Bar Install

I have a Belltech Rear Sway Bar but haven't dropped my truck yet, I'm planning a 5" or 6" drop in the rear this summer.

Do I have to wait to install it after my drop? I know this install requires me drilling two holes in the frame so I'm wondering if the mounting point will change between the two heights? I'd hate to have to re-drill and relocate it after I drop it.

Any insight? I'd like to install it now as the drop wont' come for a few months and I have a perfectly good rear sway bar I'd like to take advantage of.

Thank you in advance!

Rob
Bobby Pootz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:09 PM   #2
bbbc10
Diggin The SquareLife

Re: Belltech Rear Sway Bar Install

No instructions with it? Just mock it up an take measurements of where the truck will sit
bbbc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 11:44 AM   #3
Bobby Pootz

Yes there's instructions and it's useless. Same as the reviews. What I'm wondering is how to envision where it will sit when it's dropped.

I'm looking for feedback from anyone who had a rear sway and then dropped their truck to see if it changed anything and did they have to remount the frame mounting points.
Bobby Pootz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:40 AM   #4
zach_carver

I would wait until truck is lowered before installing the sway bar if it was me.

LINK TO SUPER SNOOPY C10 BUILD---> http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=689283

1977 C10 SILVERADO HAWAIIAN BLUE, 5/5" DROP, LS6/4L80E

1976 CHEVY K5, 350/350, YUBA GOLD/SADDLE
zach_carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 12:03 AM   #5
Koz1

+1 , you'll want to try and outer part of bar parallel with the ground, you'll just need to cut sleeve,and get a shorter grade grade 8 bolt, i just installed front and rear bars on my lowered 91 Burb last year. I had to do front the same,and also used lower standoffs to frame brackets. Huge difference, next is good adjustable shocks.

BTW the rear bar follows the contour of housing,bar mounts under the rear axle, you'll need to drill holes in frame for rear links, mount bar to rear-end, and then swing it up and mark holes for links,measure the new length for end-link bolts, and drill, deburr,mount end links, torque bolts. don't forget to use synth. grease on sway-bar brackets. don't over tighten,you do not want to squish bushings.

Last edited by Koz1; 04-19-2017 at 12:13 AM.
Koz1 is offline   Reply With Quote