The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-28-2018, 09:07 PM   #1
rsavage

A roll bar with a history

About 7 years ago when I was restoring a 71 Blazer, I bought a 4 point roll bar from a member who lived in Washington State. For the life of me I can't recall his name, but he was a real nice guy. Anyway, he shipped it to me via Greyhound Bus which was very reasonable. Of course, with my luck, it got lost. Greyhound doesn't have a good tracking system, so no one could tell me where it had ended up. After several weeks, I went to the Buffalo NY Greyhound Office and got paperwork to put in a claim. I filled it out and sent it in (I think it went to Texas?) A day or two later I received a call from a guy at the New York Port Authority ( as in New York City which is 400 miles from me). He said he had a package for me. I told him that I wasn't expecting a package but a roll bar had never arrived in Buffalo. Of course I had to explain to him that it was a big pipe thing that people had probably been tripping over it for several weeks. It had my name address and phone number taped to the bar in several places. He said that is what he had there and, in a few days, I picked it up from the Buffalo terminal. As I restored the Blazer to stock configuration, I decided that I wasn't going to use it.
I posted it on the board and RayRay767 from Ohio bought it. I shipped it to him several years ago.
Fast forward to 2017. I buy another Blazer project and wish that I had a roll bar for it. Just for the heck of it, I pm'ed Ray and asked him if he still had it and if so, would he sell it back. He did indeed have it and would sell it. It arrived back at my house a few days ago. This roll bar has seen a good portion of the United States. I believe that its travelin' days are almost over as it is going to be bolted in within the next few months.
2021 Durango RT 5.7
rsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 09:05 AM   #2
Keith Seymore

Re: A roll bar with a history

LOL.

Sounds like your roll bar has accumulated more miles as of late than your Blazer has.

1986 - 2019
Intro from an Old Assembly Guy: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
My Pontiac story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
Chevelle intro: http://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
Keith Seymore is offline   Reply With Quote