The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > FAQ Truck Tech > 60-66

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-01-2015, 02:43 PM   #1
Shadow64

1964 brake question

Here is my story I have a truck that I was working on and stopped for a couple years and when I came back to it the brake pedal was locked up tight. So I replaced the booster.
Now I have the issue that I can't build good pedal pressure, it won't even come back up all the way.
All four drums have movement and seem to be applying enuf force but some of the bleeder valves aren't getting as much fluid as the others. I have been trying to bleed them for a while it doesn't seem like there is any air in any of the lines, and I don't feel like I am getting any were.

The new booster came with a vacuumed hose to connect. The old one didn't have one and the brakes worked just fine before I parked it.
Would I need to connect that line up and have the engine running for the lines to be bleed properly? Or is anything else beside bleeding the brakes that would help with havering more pedal pressure?
Shadow64 is offline   Reply With Quote