The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-28-2017, 05:39 AM   #876
The Rocknrod

Re: Tricked-out Chevy six cylinder engines

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67pete300 View Post
Wish I could have this one back for my C10. Built it for my no options 67 Chevelle 300 years ago. Lump port head with split exhaust, HEI and lumpy cam.
Thats a killer set up, I never even knew about lump port heads until the last few years.
https://www.12bolt.com/general-head-information.html

Obviously in one of our trucks but who's is it? EFI?

Last edited by The Rocknrod; 12-28-2017 at 06:06 AM.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 11:01 AM   #877
botoepfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by '68OrangeSunshine View Post
Yeah, that is some fancy jet-engine type plumbing just to a one-barrel.
,, jet fuel is correct ! its a sleeper ! hahaha !
botoepfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 12:50 PM   #878
jcramsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rocknrod View Post
Thats a killer set up, I never even knew about lump port heads until the last few years.
https://www.12bolt.com/general-head-information.html

Obviously in one of our trucks but who's is it? EFI?
I think that’s board member K5 Addiction’s truck. He’ got a build thread called “The Old Duffer”. It is an EFI motor...but was replaced by an LS engine. Really nice truck.

The Government Mule
jcramsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 01:05 PM   #879
The Rocknrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcramsey View Post
I think that’s board member K5 Addiction’s truck. He’ got a build thread called “The Old Duffer”. It is an EFI motor...but was replaced by an LS engine. Really nice truck.
Thanks, I read it just now.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 11:50 PM   #880
IRQVET

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ's Chevy View Post
That is sweet man! Been awhile since I posted mine.
Have you made any progress? Seems like your project has been idle for a while . . .
IRQVET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 01:49 AM   #881
TJ's Chevy
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRQVET View Post
Have you made any progress? Seems like your project has been idle for a while . . .
Here's where I am at lol Haven't touched it in a few weeks, but have been stocking up on parts. I'll be getting back to it soon...with the holidays and life my major projects have slowed down.
Attached Images

TJ's Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 08:39 PM   #882
TJUCLA98

Hey @TJ - can you provide some pictures / details of how you plumbed the Clifford intake to your cooling system? Maybe do a YouTube tutorial on your channel? There is absolutely nothing out there detailing how to best do this. Thanks in advance for schooling those of us who can use your knowledge!

Tony J
Old 01-05-2018, 10:48 PM   #883
TJ's Chevy
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJUCLA98 View Post
Hey @TJ - can you provide some pictures / details of how you plumbed the Clifford intake to your cooling system? Maybe do a YouTube tutorial on your channel? There is absolutely nothing out there detailing how to best do this. Thanks in advance for schooling those of us who can use your knowledge!

Tony J
In my build thread I have pictures of how I plumbed the lines on the old engine....best I can do as of now because I haven't hooked them up yet on the new one. Will make a video for sure when I do though.
TJ's Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 02:18 AM   #884
TJUCLA98

Thanks! I will take a look at what you have.
Old 01-06-2018, 01:13 PM   #885
Rodzzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDollins View Post
I love the side draft look. Just found this pic and thought I would share.

Chris
I found an old Mechanical Fuel Injection set up on Ebay years ago. I will see if I can grab a picture of it. I want to convert it to EFI.
Rodzzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 08:29 PM   #886
Janky59

I really dig this thread, here is my contribution. A 235 in a '59 Fleetside with 3 on the tree and Borg Warner OD.
There is an HEI distributor on the other side, and I'm working on the manifold heat plumbing now. The new duals were installed a couple weeks ago to hook up the split Williams manifolds.
Pretty low key compared to what some others have done here, I browse among giants! Thanks for your inspiration...
Attached Images

2011 Ducati Hypermotard
1959 Chevy 3100
Janky59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 09:01 PM   #887
Janky59

Stock Manifold Heat Installation Part 1

Maybe this will help out others down the road. I'll post pics and comments as I do the installation of a heat plate from Langdon's Stove Bolt Six on my stock intake manifold.
Langdon's also sells a thermostat housing with two outlets, one for the heater supply and one to route coolant to the heat plate. A comment on this part though, both outlets were tapped for 3/8" pipe fittings, where as the one I took off was tapped for 1/2" pipe fittings. I sourced a reducer (upper LH brass part in pic) to adapt the heater hose fitting to fit the 3/8" port of the new part. I know it would have been best to drill out the 3/8" and re-tap to 1/2" but I didn't want to go down that road.
The brass fitting on the right will go to the heat plate, the returning fluid will go to the brass fitting on the lower LH side of the pic. I will be changing that to a 90° elbow, not the 45° shown, I was just test fitting things so far. I need to get a shorter nipple to bring the tee lower and get a 45° street elbow to get the returning heater hose to attach at a good angle.
So, as I get the parts and make progress I'll add to this thread.
Attached Images

2011 Ducati Hypermotard
1959 Chevy 3100
Janky59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 10:24 PM   #888
slepysal

Bump

"Over, Around or through it... "
slepysal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 06:16 PM   #889
G8rN@te61

Just about finished with my engine mods. Its a 250 out of a '71 Camaro. Checked the compression and almost perfect so I decided to go ahead and redo it. Painted the engine, polished valve cover, Offenhauser intake, 12bolt split manifolds, polished water pump and thermostat housing, HEI distributor, and 500cfm Edelbrock carb. Waiting on some carb linkage and custom hotrod fuel hose fittings. I need to rig some exhaust pipes on it so I can get to to the shop to complete the exhaust. Have two porter mufflers and intend to do a H pipe. Thinking about bellflower tips out each side. Now I got to figure out how to move the clutch slave cylinder its way too close to an exhaust pipe now.
Attached Images

G8rN@te61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 06:23 PM   #890
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

My new/old 250 in my 81. 66-230 head, 78 250 block (30 over), 81 crank, , Offenhauser intake, Edelbrock 1403 (500CFM) carb, 12 Bolt Tom headers, Erson Cam (E160121).
Attached Images

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 07:04 PM   #891
'68OrangeSunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8rN@te61 View Post
Just about finished with my engine mods. Its a 250 out of a '71 Camaro. Checked the compression and almost perfect so I decided to go ahead and redo it. Painted the engine, polished valve cover, Offenhauser intake, 12bolt split manifolds, polished water pump and thermostat housing, HEI distributor, and 500cfm Edelbrock carb. Waiting on some carb linkage and custom hotrod fuel hose fittings. I need to rig some exhaust pipes on it so I can get to to the shop to complete the exhaust. Have two porter mufflers and intend to do a H pipe. Thinking about bellflower tips out each side. Now I got to figure out how to move the clutch slave cylinder its way too close to an exhaust pipe now.
I used a combo GM '72 gas pedal and Jen-E throttle cable and did away with the rube goldberg bellcrank-pivot-boomerang linkage. Cable goes around head on Pass side and over valve covers to pick up throttle on EDL1404.

When you do an exhaust crossover, remember the collector of the 1-2-3 pipe on the drivers side is ~6-8'' forward of the collector for the 4-5-6 pipe on the pass side.
My crossover is therefore an "N'' with the cross pipe cutting in at an angle from the drivers side to the pass side. Old circle trackers' trick.
Attached Images

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.

Last edited by '68OrangeSunshine; 04-04-2020 at 08:29 PM.
'68OrangeSunshine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 07:40 AM   #892
G8rN@te61

Bill,

I see you have your carb 180 to the engine. I assume that was for ease of linking the throttle but do you see any performance issue since the carbs are supposed to have the mains facing the engine? That would put the edelbrock letters facing the valve cover.

Yeah I was anticipating having do something with the distance from header to H pipe.
-Nate
G8rN@te61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 08:29 AM   #893
awbrown

Carb position has nothing to do with how it works or performs .. Holleys , that have side hung and front/rear hung floats care less what way you mount them ,whether on a tunnel ram forward or sideways or single 4 manifold .. The other thing to think about with the heated manifold is from the factory that is how they are set up , the exhaust warms the lower intake area ..Some people say you must have the manifold hot all the time or the vehicle won't run properly .. I ask you then , why would you buy an air gap manifold?? The performance aspect of an air gap manifold comes from it being up away from hot oil and the deletion of the cross over ...as fas as warming up a vehicle using the coolant to warm the manifold is lame at best it warms up the same speed as the engine , exhaust is the proper type of heat to heat the manifold .. On a older V8 the exhaust valve in the right manifold would open as the vehicle got hot thereby not directing as much of the exhaust through the manifold.. I built a 6 and did not use any heat to the manifold and if you do a test with and without I bet you will find more power and gas milage without it ...
awbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 09:15 AM   #894
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8rN@te61 View Post
Bill,

I see you have your carb 180 to the engine. I assume that was for ease of linking the throttle but do you see any performance issue since the carbs are supposed to have the mains facing the engine? That would put the edelbrock letters facing the valve cover.

Yeah I was anticipating having do something with the distance from header to H pipe.
-Nate
I have noticed no issues yet. I am planning on getting a plate made to rotate it 90 degrees so that I don't have to run the cables over the valve covers. Unlike the Clifford manifolds, the offy's you can't just unscrew and rotate them. I plan on getting Larry @ T6Performance to do my plate, but right now I am just driving it. Even though she isn't in a 60-66, I love it. I forgot where I was posting, so I hope I don't upset anyone by putting my modern square truck in with you great guys.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!

Last edited by Palf70Step; 04-05-2020 at 04:55 PM.
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 04:42 PM   #895
'68OrangeSunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
I have notice no issues yet. I am planning on getting a plate made to rotate it 90 degrees so that I don't have to run the cables over the valve covers. Unlike the Clifford manifolds, the offy's you can't just unscrew and rotate them. I plan on getting Larry @ T6Performance to do my plate, but right now it's driving it. Even though she isn't in a 60-66, I love it. I forgot where I was posting, so I hope I don't upset anyone by putting my modern square truck in with you great guys.
Larry@T6 is a good man. He was my I/I adviser when I did my 292 build in '05. Since I'm on it with my '68 Orange C/10 Stepside, I reckon this is more of an L6 thread.
My Edelbrock letters face the Driver's Side. I like it that way. Runs great since 2005.

Old 06-14-2020, 10:15 PM   #896
Mikeg1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom63 View Post
Here is mine. 250 with a clifford intake and 4-barrel holly. Going to keep her in my finished project. Its been completely rebuilt, just need to clean her up and paint and throw on some headers.
I know this is an old post but I have an old Clifford intake for my 250.I just wanted to know how you installed it with the stock manifold. Thanks!
Mikeg1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 01:38 PM   #897
'68OrangeSunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeg1976 View Post
I know this is an old post but I have an old Clifford intake for my 250.I just wanted to know how you installed it with the stock manifold. Thanks!
As far as I know, the Clifford intake has to be used with headers. Its shape interferes with the stock exhaust manifold. [* I could be wrong. I've never run a Clifford intake. Only their headers.]
The Offenhauser intake, is shaped like the GM cast iron intake, but cast in aluminum. So the Offy is compatible with the stock intake.
Most Inliners, when upgrading, go whole hog and ditch the cast iron exhaust.

Old 10-09-2023, 11:24 AM   #898
Agv63

After going thru this , i am really contemplating on fitting the inline back in my 63.
Running 455 pontiac currently , which is nice but it just doesnt do it fo me, the truck is fighting back. Like it's rejecting the v8 transplant. Giving me many headaches on various things. Anyway, been thinking of going back to inline 6 and stuff the poncho in my chevy eltoro (relabeled holden hq one tonner) last pic.
3 of my cars is powered by chevy inlines , i am a inline type of guy, even did one in my opel senator.
Back in the day general motors south africa relabeled many other gm products and stuffed chevy 4 and 6 cyl inlines into them. Opel, holden and vauxhall, we had some pontiacs here but came with chevy power.

Some pics of some of the stuff i have done or build over the years. Made a intake to run 44 idf carb. Took some time to get fuel curve right but now its the finer tuning. Got some more emulsion tube and jets and explore more. Its on a 230 now th350 and 2.92 rear. Cruising 60kph in town i'm still running on the idle jets in the transition circuit.
With the other 3 pics. Here in south africa gmsa released the 153 with a 36dcd weber and gm cast intake. Came out as the H.O .
I took 2 manifolds, cut and got it welded for dual webers.
In the pic there is 32/36dgv clones. Tried it, but the 250 didnt like it , needs more tuning time., tried 2 x 38dgas webers , responds much better with the 38/38 carbs.
Attached Images

Agv63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 11:27 AM   #899
Agv63

Sorry. Dont know why that one turned. It shows correct on my phone. Sometimes the tecnology has a mind which i wil never understand.

Cheers.
Adriaan.
Agv63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 01:04 PM   #900
straight6chevyguy

Is that a factory grill in the truck?
Or is it after market?
2002 Chevy s10 4.3L auto 4x4
1971 mercury monterey wagon 400 auto
To many projects!
straight6chevyguy is offline   Reply With Quote