The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The pre 1947 Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2016, 10:08 PM   #1
bigrigpardo

reviving a farm fresh 1936 1/2 ton

Update its here everyone check it out. we fired it up today and there looks like hope for the old 206

Ok so I have been a car guy forever now and usually play with the 67-72 but love the older stuff. I got a call the other day asking if I was interested in taking on a 1936 all original pickup to bring back to life for this years car show season. I will be picking up the truck at the end of the month after I finish a few projects I have here now. the 206 was frozen but the owner freed it up after a lot of soaking. he says he has 90psi on all but one cylinder and it has 45. first thing will be to get the old 206 fired off and see if it still has any life left in it. If not he has a good running 216 on standby. I know the 216 is shorter and I need a different bell housing but i will take this al one step at a time. I cant wait to get this baby back on the road. So far he has had the gas tank carb starter and fuel pump rebuilt so its ready for a first fire when i get it here. then starts the long journey through the brake system a new harness obviously the drivetrain and an exhaust. once all that is done there will be steps later like some welding on the bed and new wood and it will need a new windshield seal. wish me luck i am so excited. i will get pics of it when i pick it up.

Last edited by bigrigpardo; 03-05-2016 at 08:20 PM.
bigrigpardo is offline   Reply With Quote