The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-30-2017, 12:17 AM   #1
onefun71

Cadillac steering columns

Hello everyone, I am coming here for a consult sense there is more knowledge of our trucks here than just about anywhere in the world. I wanted to know if anyone has looked into, thought about or successfully put a tilt and telescoping steering column out of a late 60's Cadillac in their truck. I have a friend who is a big Cadillac guy and when I mentioned tilt columns he dropped the idea of the tilt and telescope from a late 60's Cadillac. I am curious because I am about 6' tall but my partner in crime is very petite and she stands at under 5' tall. It is my truck but still want drivability for me and my smaller counterpart. Any productive input would be appreciated.
onefun71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 01:19 AM   #2
64shortbox

Re: Cadillac steering columns

Personally I don't see a problem. You would still have to make some modifications to relocate the neutral safety switch further down the steering column to clear the column mount on your truck (most likely). I installed a 72 Chevy van tilt in my 64 C-10 but as luck would have it I also own a 71 Caddy with tilt/tele and would be more than happy to take some measurements & pics for you. Oh, as an added plus if installing a late 60's column you would also have 4 way flashers and if you really wanted to get carried away you could even add a Caddy emergency brake pedal system so when you drop your truck into Reverse or Drive it will release the parking brake automatically. I plan on doing this to my 64. I have the Caddy neutral safety switch with the vacuum lines and an emergency parking brake pedal assy from a 73 Caddy I plan on installing in my C-10. Oh,my 71 Caddy just happens to be a M&M Hearse.
Attached Images

64shortbox is offline   Reply With Quote