The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-12-2018, 02:57 AM   #1
350TacoZilla

Anyone ever use classictruckglass.com 60-63 one piece windows?

I ran across this youtube vid and he stated the kit came from classictruckglass.com. I looked them up and they have a power and manual version (I prefer manual) and it looks like a nice kit but I cant find any threads about people who have used them so dont want to blow almost $400 and have buyers remorse. Also I'm correct that there is no difference in GMC or chevy windows right, since they only list them to fit chevy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8msKGodzYHI

http://www.classictruckglass.com/ind...it-manual.html

I like the wing windows in these trucks but I also love to drive with window down and arm on the sill, the windows are currently bit small for me to lay arm up there in comfortable position.
350TacoZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 04:01 AM   #2
350TacoZilla

Re: Anyone ever use classictruckglass.com 60-63 one piece windows?

Well I actually found the write up he did here for the power set, looks pretty straight forward. If no one else chimes in I may end up shelling out the cash for these in the manual style.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?p=6313790
Old 04-15-2018, 10:31 AM   #3
62chevy302
hillbilly

I talked to the guy that owns vintage glass at the charlotte auto fair. He said power was the way to go because it was able to drop down easier in the back. The two kits look the same.(vintage and american auto glass) I am going to order the electric kit when i do my truck. It looks like both kits leave a little piece of glass sticking up.
Old 04-15-2018, 11:20 AM   #4
62chevy302
hillbilly

I now realize that vintage glass just sells the glass and felt. You have to use an aftermarket regulator
Old 04-16-2018, 12:58 AM   #5
350TacoZilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIZZLER View Post
Im also interested in hearing any feedback. By the time i rebuild all 4 of my door and vent glass it would cost more then buying 2 kits. All 4 door glass openings are equal on my 61 crew cab so nothing has to be modified.
Yeah 2 kits the difference jumps from $710 with manual to $1480 for power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62chevy302 View Post
I talked to the guy that owns vintage glass at the charlotte auto fair. He said power was the way to go because it was able to drop down easier in the back. The two kits look the same.(vintage and american auto glass) I am going to order the electric kit when i do my truck. It looks like both kits leave a little piece of glass sticking up.
Is Classic truck glass owned by one of those companies?
Old 04-16-2018, 11:28 AM   #6
1hihum

I have the power window kit from classic truck glass. The kit cost around $750 if I recall. It's a really nice kit. I'll post some pics later (at the hospital right now). Post your questions and do what I can to answer them.
Classic truck glass is a mom and pop style shop in Southern California. Nice people and good with tech support. They are the original makers of the kits.
Travis from AZPROPERFORMANCE installed the manual kit in his 63 C10 (you can find it in the projects section).

Last edited by 1hihum; 04-16-2018 at 11:50 AM.
1hihum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 11:51 AM   #7
1hihum

Ok, sorry for the delay (just got out of the hospital yesterday). Here are a few shots of the windows. You can see how the front of the window sticks up even after its rolled all the way down. It's not really an issue for most people that I've run across. I used the switches that came with the kit (70's-80's GM style with the plastic chrome bezel). I simply removed the bezels and did a little Drexel work on my doors original window crank opening to place the switches until I can get around to doing my door panels. They fit nicely for what I wanted and if I ever decided to just go with the window crank style switches instead, the work I've already done would be easily covered by the window crank handle.

I still have some fine tuning to do on both doors before they are perfect. But they work great and I am very happy with them. I did things a little different than the instructions call for on the weather stripping. The instructions call for the user to make spacers on the inside of the door where the weatherstripping goes because the new stripping isn't made specifically for our trucks (it's a universal "U channel" that is slightly smaller than our original. I took out my old weatherstripping and stripped everything off of the metal "backbone" of it. Then I placed the new weatherstripping inside of it and installed it in the door. The only place I needed a spacer was at the front of the door where the wing window was.
Attached Images

Old 04-15-2018, 10:30 AM   #8
CHIZZLER
SAVING ONE TRUCK AT A TIME

Im also interested in hearing any feedback. By the time i rebuild all 4 of my door and vent glass it would cost more then buying 2 kits. All 4 door glass openings are equal on my 61 crew cab so nothing has to be modified.
61-crew cab D-max

"PAY LESS FOR WHAT YOU NEED PAY MORE FOR WHAT YOU WANT"

53 BURBAN BARN FIND:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=404091

1940 PROJECT MOON SHINE:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=551088

1961 CREW MAX: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?p=6957999
CHIZZLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 02:16 AM   #9
350TacoZilla

Cool vid man and thanks for info. I really thought about power option but I really like the old winding windows and while I like the wing windows for ventilation I plan to have AC on super hot days and like riding with arm on sill anyother time lol.
Old 08-17-2018, 12:51 PM   #10
1hihum

I gotta say I'm really happy with them! They really open up the field of vision without the wing window there. I'm very happy with the tint too. The only issue really is getting the weatherstripping to fit in just right. I was in the process of installing these when I got diagnosed with a leukemia relaps and had to kind of rush the install before starting treatment. So I need to go back and fine tune the channel around the upper window (you can see some fit issues in the video).
It calls for you to make some plastic (or other material) filler strips to bring the fuzz channel out a bit to better fit around the window. I played with this a bit, but found another idea that once finalized will work better. I used some plastic strips in the front part (where the wing window was) to fill the gap. But for the rest of the upper channel, I stripped the old window fuzz channels down to the metal base (looks like accordioned channel). I then took the new fuzz channel and slipped it into the metal channel and placed it into the door. The fit was really nice and pretty uniform overall. There are a couple if spots that need trimming of the metal channel in order to make the fuzz fit just right. The company is a little mom and pop shop ant they are great people. They got back to me right away on little adjustment tips to make things go smoother (drivers door install needed a little tweaking).
Hope this helps!