The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds 88-98

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-01-2014, 11:23 PM   #476
ZWilson07

Re: My Luxurious late model truck (not so much)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Firefighter View Post
On your recommendation we did exactly that. She set me up and now I can Amazon Prime with impunity whenever I want/need something. Thank you. Now I can order truck parts and no one but me and Amazon knows what I spent.

This truck had 227k miles on it, and it was wore smooth out. Of course 4.10 gears and no overdrive makes every mile like dog years since the engine is turning more revs than it would normally.

Yes I do. Lots of trucks have come and gone over the years, but this one is staying. I love this truck. Don't think because I've been quiet on this project that it fell out of favor. I still drive it around somewhat frequently and am putting a mental list together for the next round of work. Once I finish my dropmember Stepside build, this one will go back to the front of the line to get some cosmetics and address some mechanical deficiencies.

Write it down and remember it so you can throw it in my face if I ever sell it. December 1st, 2014, Tx Firefighter vowed to not ever sell this truck. It's just a perfect truck. Not too nice but also spec'd out properly to fill any truck needs I ever have. Old trucks are emotional to me. It's kind of like a woman. You can be enamored with a woman and your buddies are all shaking their heads because they don't see what you see in her. It either talks to you or it doesn't. There's no explaining it. I really like my Bubba truck 4x4, ugly as she is.

Cant wait to see more on this project.

Subscribed
ZWilson07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 10:23 AM   #477
ihscoutlover

All I can say is wow!! Your attention deficit disorder......er, attention to detail is amazing. I'm working a deal on a 97 K2500 ext LB myself. PO has taken care of it, however he's wanting a newer truck. I've been more of a classic vehicle guy. You've taken the difficult to some and made it look easy. Yes this is my first post, but I'm subscribing. Then I can go back and look through part numbers for parts as mine gets fixed up. I'm not gonna go to the lengths you did on yours, but I'm gonna freshen some things up a bit. Kudos to a job well done!!
ihscoutlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 01:54 AM   #478
Primered_69

Quote:
Old trucks are emotional to me. It's kind of like a woman. You can be enamored with a woman and your buddies are all shaking their heads because they don't see what you see in her. It either talks to you or it doesn't. There's no explaining it. I really like my Bubba truck 4x4, ugly as she is.
Yeah your like the Fonzie of trucks and cars....
Old 12-03-2014, 07:27 AM   #479
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

I guess I don't get what you're saying, but it doesn't sound good.
Old 12-03-2014, 01:10 PM   #480
flashed

I think he is saying your builds are cool .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 04:16 PM   #481
Stoney
Farm Truck

Did you ever get the other bed installed?

Mike
Jersey Village, Tx
Stoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 06:59 PM   #482
Eric15chevys

Man I like this truck. I love the 400 series trucks and a 350 manual 4wd would be on the top of my list. I am starting on my 84 4wd one ton next month. I hope it turns out as nice as this one.
from 1960 to 2000
Eric15chevys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 04:34 PM   #483
jkeating1

I've thoroughly enjoyed reading Hillbilly Deluxe and this thread. I was 6 months late to the party, but I'm finally down to the last few posts on this one. I never figured to be so engrossed in a '90 farm truck thread, but this really struck a chord! I went out yesterday and took pictures of our farm "fleet" (something else I never thought I would have reason to do). Forgive me for occupying too much real estate in the thread, but I think you can appreciate my affinity for the -400 K2500 NV4500 combo.

I acquired all four originally (used), and they all still live happily together at the farm. The bottom two were ceded over to my Father-in-Law and Bro-in-law (reluctantly) over the years. Those two get hammered daily (the trucks, not the in-laws). The dark grey one I drive every day, but frequently in a more urban environment. The red Ext Cab stays at the farm also, but gets to relax more (it IS 4wd too, but I took the flares off when I recolored the ZY2 tutone bottom, which was pewter. I have new ones in the barn)

You know how hard it is to find 5.7 stick 4wd's so when I run across one, I at least have to consider snatching it!

John---Dallas
Attached Images

Old 01-24-2015, 02:33 AM   #484
TennesseeZ
Countdown Survivor

Wow, I need to visit this forum more often. Completely missed this till today. Been reading since it was still daylight and it's close to 2am here, made it to page 15 I think. This looks alot like my truck, 91 K2500 RCLB, white/red, lots of repair, changes and upgrades, mostly done with your philosophy, lo buck but done right. Just got it back on the road after sitting for a couple years waiting for me to get the 700r4 changed. Subbing to this, I've always liked the way you do things. I'll read some more tomorrow and try to catch up to now. Great thread so far, Kevin!

A MAN OF HONOR DOES NOT LIE, CHEAT, OR STEAL, NOR TOLERATE THOSE WHO DO.

Gettin' old ain't for sissies.
TennesseeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 08:38 PM   #485
TennesseeZ
Countdown Survivor

WellI read thru the rest today: Yeah you and I think alot alike, you just have more time and a better place to work. And I'm usually DD'ing what I'm working on. I'm probably gonna do the headlight mod tomorrow, I've already done the HI-4. My twist on that was to run it thru a lighted toggle by the parking brake release so I have the choice of just low, just hi, or both on HI. On your wiring, did you run the 12g out of the relays and just splice back into the stock plug close to the headlight, or did you somehow run the 12g all the way and do away with the stock 16g altogether, and if so, how?

Old 02-23-2015, 01:38 PM   #486
83GMCK2500

Hello Kevin, how is this truck doing for you? Now that you've had it on the road for a little bit I wanted to ask you about those 255 BfGs. I am very near needing to purchase tires for my flatbed and I want this size if I can justify it. How many miles do you have on them thus far? How are they wearing? How are their road manners/off road manners? Thank you for any info that you can share about them.

1983 GMC High Sierra 2500, 4x4, RC/LB, 400 S.B., SM-465, NP-208, Corporate 10 bolt & 9.5" 14 bolt
1996 GMC Sierra SLE 3500 DRW, 4x4, EC/LB, Vortec 454, NV-4500, BW-4401, AAM 925 & AAM 1050
1997 GMC Sierra SLT 1500 4x4, Z71/F44, EC/SB, Vortec 350

My Introduction with my '83s History
New Daily, the '96
83GMCK2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 03:30 PM   #487
deejaaa1

I will also sub to be able to refer back for info. great build and inspiration.
Originally Posted by gottattooz View Post
...68 Chevy Shortbed... guy clearcoated..and...threw glitter all over it...like he was feeding chickens!!!...
deejaaa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 06:36 PM   #488
1981_c10

Quote:
I had a little Craigslist adventure today.

Met a super nice guy who was parting out this little truck.

Its a sad story. The guy I dealt with bought it for his little brother who wound up wrecking it. Wrecking it hard. The front end collision was so bad that the floor pan was buckled up so bad that it was wrapped around the brake pedal. It was a damn slick little truck before he crashed it. Red short bed stepside 94 GMC with 350/auto/3.42 rearend. All power. Slick as snot. I'd have given my teeth for it prior to the crash.

Anyway, I gave him 60 bucks for a bunch of interior pieces.

I had to cut the brake pedal off to get the carpet out. Again, the floor pan was crushed up around the pedals.

As a reminder, my truck currently has no carpet at all. No headliner at all. No plastic trim for the headliner at all, and broken seat belt latches. This was a major score for my build.

I have a standing offer to him for the seat at 150 dollars. He's trying to sell it for 250. Its a nice conversion truck seat with fold down center. I hope it doesn't sell for his asking price and he takes me up on my 150 offer.

I think it would shampoo up pretty decent.

I've already separated the carpet from the jute and have spent the morning with my pressure washer and Valerie's little carpet shampoo machine. The carpet is cleaning up fantastically.
I finally found you on here!! I sold you the interior pieces!

1962 C10 Recreating Dad's High School Truck
1981 C10
1981_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 09:15 PM   #489
flashed

You just thought you found him ,he is M.I.A .
Old 08-16-2016, 09:19 PM   #490
TennesseeZ
Countdown Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
You just thought you found him ,he is M.I.A .
Yeah I wish he'd check back in, or maybe entertain us with another build. I really, really like the way he does things.

Old 08-16-2016, 09:21 PM   #491
flashed

Me too ,I really miss him here .
Old 08-26-2016, 12:57 PM   #492
erichevy

This is one of my favorite project threads on this entire site. Wish he would return with more!
erichevy is offline   Reply With Quote