The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-27-2014, 02:51 PM   #26
SS Tim

Re: what color is this? 1967 shortbed stepside

The exterior colors are generally not a problem its the interior colors that are. So many people just assume they are the same as the exterior and they are not. The really fine flake seems to be an issue to in getting an exact match from what I have been told.
SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 07:22 PM   #27
greentruck

1slowm6- Higgs Auto Paint and Supply in Holly Hill (Daytona area) mixed paint code 518 medium green for my 72. It matched exactly to my high hump trans cover that had never seen the light of day. They also have the old grouchy guy that hates computers. Worked for me.
Old 07-01-2017, 03:49 PM   #28
Radford46

Ditzler 43687
I know this is an old post, but does anyone have a source for the interior metallic green listed as Ditzler 43687? I've googled it and cross referenced but it doesn't show up anywhere but in this forum. Thanks, Kerry
Radford46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 09:49 AM   #29
cpnbnanamn

Ya know.. this is why I love this forum... You can learn SO much, even from old threads. I've kinda wondered why my '67's interior looked different from the exterior. Now I know!! Problem is.. I'm not sure about what color is in the interior. Hoping I can get some help by resurrecting this old thread. It appears my exterior is 503, but I'm getting my steering wheel and new steering column painted, and of course, I want it to match. I'm putting my SPID plate in here as well. It appears the interior green trim is 4611AA? Not seeing a green paint 611.. Any input would be appreciated.
Attached Images

Old 09-17-2019, 01:10 PM   #30
tim_mc

I have a '67 LWB fleet in 503 light green, with metallic green (turquoise) interior. You can definitely see the difference in my LH door which was replaced with a '69 door with 503 light green on the outside and inside.

I had a hunch that '65-66 510 turquoise poly (metallic) would very close, and had a pint mixed for my kickpanel repair. It is really really close to the "metallic green".
Attached Images

tim_mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 01:15 PM   #31
cpnbnanamn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_mc View Post
I have a '67 LWB fleet in 503 light green, with metallic green (turquoise) interior. You can definitely see the difference in my LH door which was replaced with a '69 door with 503 light green on the outside and inside.

I had a hunch that '65-66 510 turquoise poly (metallic) would very close, and had a pint mixed for my kickpanel repair. It is really really close to the "metallic green".
The interior appears to have a darker green metallic on the the doors, and other parts of the interior. If that's the original color, I just need to get it matched, so I can get my column and steering wheel painted.
That 611 code turns up exactly nada as far as I've found.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:12 PM   #32
tim_mc

Here's a couple of other files for reference. Ditzler 43687 mentioned on the previous post may be what you are looking for based on the interior color info. Too bad there aren't color samples of the interior colors in the books.
Attached Images

Old 09-17-2019, 03:27 PM   #33
cpnbnanamn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_mc View Post
Here's a couple of other files for reference. Ditzler 43687 mentioned on the previous post may be what you are looking for based on the interior color info. Too bad there aren't color samples of the interior colors in the books.
What's weird... it appears your interior is lighter than mine.. Check out the driver's side door panel. I also found the Ditzler page that mentions the interior, but I'm not clear as to what my interior trim is supposed to be... Says something about 02 and 12 models, and Conv. except 02 and 12 models. The ONLY thing I can think is maybe Dark Green Poly?
Attached Images

Old 09-17-2019, 05:26 PM   #34
tim_mc

I agree that you probably want to get it matched. After replacing my rockers and cab corners, I cleaned my cowl and had the paint matched instead of using the Ditzler/PPG 503 code. The paint shop mixed up some Nason enamel paint that matched my weathered light green exterior fairly well. The ashtray may be too small for them to sample, so you may need to pull an inner door panel. Here's a pic after my brother sprayed the 510 turquoise poly on the kickpanel and inner cab corner. The original poly color is on the '67 door panel on my '69 door and on the transmission tunnel. Close enough for a farm truck, which is what we say often on this project.

Edit: My glovebox SPID also shows "4611AA - Green Vinyl Trim".
Attached Images

Last edited by tim_mc; 09-17-2019 at 05:35 PM.