The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2018, 09:58 PM   #11
jeffahart

Re: Anyone running CB's in their truck these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cst View Post
If you want a period correct CB for our trucks ... it needs to be 23 channel. It was about 74-75 is when the FCC opened up the radios to 40 channels. You can pick up a very nice radio for about $40. Cobra, Uniden, Midland, Radio Shack (Realistic), Tram, Johnson, Royce, Browning... the list goes on.
Ah! Let me ask you a couple dumb questions. Since I was a casual user of CBs back in the day and not even a hobbyist; and I was never super sharp on the CB specs. Are the old 23 channel all tube? Aside from that, If I got a 23 channel period correct would I be hampered in listing to communications on the local trucking route? Here's why I ask. I live near a major interstate trucking route (Interstate 5). I would love to listen to the trucker banter when cruising around town. I would sacrifice period correct for period looking (if you know what I mean) to have actual commo. That would be so much fun. So, I'm thinking I want to make sure I can communicate with the modern units too.

I need to do some research too, instead of just beating up on you. But I've been wanting a CB, now I'm serious about putting a package together.

Hope this isn't too bad of a hijack... or highway robbery!

Thanks!

j