The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-22-2010, 01:44 PM   #1
tommie
97' Tahoe 2dr/2wd

a/c work & other work on the tahoe

I know it is December.... but I am in the Houston area and it has been 70 + outside the past few days....

I decided to do some A/C work on my 2dr Tahoe.... The Previous Owner had just had the compressor replaced, but it looked like nothing else was done. It was low, so I added some 134a, and then had to disconnect the gauges before I was done.... The high side schrader (sp?) valve was leaking... I have seen this before, and the schrader valve is part of the hoses....

So, I ended up replacing the hoses, the accumulator, the orifice tube, and O-rings. Added some PAG oil and pulled a vacuum and charged it.... Blowing cold, and I hope everything is good, and that it will last for a while....

Also fixed my left side rear barn door, by using a piece of vacuum tubing.... the rod that attaches to the top latch was not pulling down enough on the latch, installed a small piece of vacuum tubing over the rod, and everything works good now....

Was also able to go to the courthouse yesterday and change the title and get new plates....

felt good to get something done today

tommie is offline   Reply With Quote