The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-04-2017, 09:33 AM   #1
americanmusc1e

4" HD drop springs or bags?

I have a LWB 70 c10 currently budget dropped with cut coils (one coil aprox 2") and CPP 4" drop rear springs. I'm not happy about the front spring rate and I'll be changing that setup eventually, but right now the rear is becoming a concern.

The truck bottoms out on the (cut) bumstops all the time and i can't put any weight in it. I think I may have more weight than the 4" springs were made for. Besides being a LWB, I have a receiver hitch, rear gas tank (currently switching from an in-bed saddle tank to a blazer tank behind the rear axle), rear-mounted battery and full size spare in the bed.

I would like to throw on a set of CPP 4" hd springs and call it done, but I'm not sure they are right for me. I've been debating bags, but I'm on a pretty tight budget at the moment so it would have to be bags and schrader valves.

I don't really care about hauling trailers with the truck. I would like to be able to throw an engine (or at least a bunch of parts) in the back without bottoming out solid on the bumpstops.

Instagram: @americanmusc1e

OLD SKOOL-- 1970 C10. 454/Th400/3.07 posi Build Thread
FARM TRUCK----1949 Chevrolet 3800 Power Wagon Hauler Build Thread

1999 4wd OBS Tahoe - daily.

DM me if you can't see photos i posted
americanmusc1e is offline   Reply With Quote