The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-23-2012, 01:41 AM   #1
Matt300ZXT

Does this rear wheel look stock or widened?

For some reason, all the wheels on my 3100 don't inspire drool, but for some reason the one on the rear driver side does. It has a deeper dish than the fronts, but maybe it's just the partial white wall on it with the 215 tire having a little stretch look to it even though it has a fat sidewall. I usually hate bulging sidewall tires but like I said maybe it's the partial white wall or something...who knows.

Are the rear wheels wider on a factory 54 3100 or does it look like this wheel has been widened before? I'd like to put these on all 4 corners with 215/70/15 like this one. I know the pic sucks and it's kinda hard to tell, but it's dark outside right now and can't really go take more.

p.s. if anyone has a set of matching wheels that are all wide looking like this, perhaps I'll take them off your hands and put them to use.

The fronts don't have as stepped a lip as the rears and for some reason that one rear wheel turns me on! And for some reason, maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me, the other rear wheel doesn't seem to be the same.

Matt300ZXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:14 AM   #2
Warrens69GMC

Re: Does this rear wheel look stock or widened?

like this?

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=476651
Warrens69GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:51 AM   #3
coralhead

That old VW looks a lot like the one I had yeas ago. Any extra pics?
coralhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:46 AM   #4
G&R's57GMC

You asked 'Are these wheels stock ?'

No not for the AD. The front are for a late 60's and 70's truck. Same for the rear except they are reversed.

Take a look at http://www.wheelvintiques.com for some ideas.
G&R's57GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:42 PM   #5
Matt300ZXT

Every time I post these pics on any car forum, someone asks about that VW that's behind that pic in the truck lol If I had posted other pics, someone surely would have asked about the panel in the background. The pics were taken at the guy's house I got the truck from and if this truck hadn't been my friend's that he was just storing there, I would have never even been allowed to move the truck, let alone take it off his property...the guy holds onto everything he's got until it rusts away rather than let someone buy it and fix it up.

Anyways, so those are 60-70s truck wheels huh? Thanks for the info. Perhaps I can just buy 4 of the deep dish wheels off someone one day for dirt cheap. Thanks for the info guys.
Matt300ZXT is offline   Reply With Quote