The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2011, 06:04 PM   #1
CC69Rat

1969 C10 SWB - Big Block project

Here is my latest project, I thought you guys might like to follow along. I'll post more pics as we make more progress. I'm an old Camaro guy but I have always loved these trucks. Any year, there's just nothing like them. Camaros are fun too and I have restored several but they're just getting so expensive to build and 'numbers oriented' I got out of them. I'm just so tired of building my car the way it's supposed to be .. not how I want it to be, then having to listen to people tell me I'm wrong for building it that way. It takes all the fun out of it. Build it your way, what you like and what suits your personality. Bagged, or stock. I like them all.

Check this one out. Frame off project, I bought it off a guy in KY. He just lost intrest in it apparently. This is my first C10 build but I am having a lot of fun with it already. All the difficult stuff is already done. the frame has been blasted and painted nicely, new cab corners, rockers, and mounts. The firewall has been cleaned up, floors fixed where necessary, etc. They did a very nice job with it. It is a great start to what will hopefully end up a nice old truck. I plan to paint it myself.

69 date coded 396/350
Cleaned and .030 over
10.5:1
69 dated '290' heads
Lunati Bracket Master II cam
MSD HEI
750cfm Holley 3310
Roller tip rockers, studs, guides
Built TH400
2800 stall
73-87 front suspension swap
Re-located gas tank with all new lines

I'm working on changing it over to the 68 style front end. Things are likely to change of course. .. check back if you want.

The 69-72 hood is also for sale if you know of anyone who might want it. Basically new from LMC.

You guys rock. Thanks for all your help.
Chad
Attached Images

1967 C10 SWB - Project Savannah - 6.0/4L80 *Currently underway*
1968 C10 SWB - TOTY 2018, 50th Anniversary Tribute Project * Sold * Pride and Joy
1986 Silverado Short Fleet - Scarlet *Sold*
1985 Silverado Short Fleet *Sold*
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted, Built
1992 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted
2013 Honda Accord EX-L v6 Coupe 6spd (wife's ride)
CC69Rat is offline   Reply With Quote