The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-06-2012, 12:33 AM   #1
12vavletwin

1970 gmc/1967 chevy c10 build

New to this site and recently bought the truck I've been wanting to build for years now. its a 1970 GMC swb with a 4 speed. I didnt like the gmc style grill so when i bought the truck i also bought the 67 chevy grill, core support, and hood to swap it over. the truck is in great shape with only one rust spot on the driver side rocker where i think water leaked in due to the window regulator being screwed up and not allowing the window to go all the way up. i just picked up a 68 chevy hood for it today that is in way better shape than my 67 hood i have, and i also got a gauge cluster, chevy headlights, turn signals, and a grill support. i am building a sbc 355 for it slowly but for now it has the straight 6 n it that i got started up for the first time today. i am having some wire issues though and hoping u guys can help me out. whoever had the truck before me started to take it apart to restore it and never finished it so i started plugging things back up on the motor so i can move it around easier then pulling it around when i need to move it somewhere. i started it by running a wire from the positive post of the coil to the positive post of the battery and jumped it off the solenoid just to see if it would start but i dont want to continue to do that. i have no power when i turn the ignition switch and is not getting fire with ignition switch turned on and jumping off of the solenoid. a couple of wires are not connected still but i am clueless on where they go?? i am horrible with wiring and dont really know what im looking at. i tried to get the best pics of the wires that are not plugged in yet.
Attached Images

12vavletwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:40 AM   #2
12vavletwin

Re: 1970 gmc/1967 chevy c10 build

got one headlight in lol i need another headlight bucket, ring, and headlight bezels
Attached Images

2004 Dodge Neon SRT 4 - DD
1965 Corvair Monza convertible - near future resto
1989 Camaro RS - near future build
12vavletwin is offline   Reply With Quote