The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2008, 12:07 PM   #1
Sillyoldman

Any ideas how to keep people from driving on my lawn?

It does not happen too often. I live down a private dead end dirt road. I'm the last house. There is a turn-a-round prior to my property that trucks back into to turn around. Every now and then some dumba$$ drives on my lawn. I've also caught the mailman & DHL driver (Yep DHL driver, twice) driving on the grass. Last night I noticed it happened again. The problem is that under the grass is my drain field. Now I feel I need to put up a barrier to keep cars off. The lawn is about 120' long. I'd like to find some 3" rope and build a rope fence. I can't find any surplus rope. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place. I understand ship mooring lines have a short life and need replacement frequently. Anyone know where to get this stuff? Any other ideas? I've thought about boulders, but that would require a tractor and dump truck. A lot of nasty ideas have crossed my mind too, but thats not an option.

Decided to toss in a pic of the pond I built. Almost ready for some fish.
Attached Images

'71 Custom Deluxe C-20 402.
'67 Buick Special 455.
'49 Plymouth Special Deluxe.
"I love that old car smell"

Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Sillyoldman is offline   Reply With Quote