The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-25-2017, 12:32 AM   #1
1970pelle

Thinking of parting my truck out

I haven't been able to visit the forum much in recent months. Been dealing with a bout of the Big C. doing pretty good with things. I wish this on no body.
Anyway after trying to sell my 86 C20 4X2 that I sunk a bunch of money into a couple of years ago. And its just been sitting in the garage taking up space. I tried selling it for a while and didn't get much interest.
I'm thinking of removing the new engine and trans, less than 5k miles. Uninstall the Western Lowering Kit I had installed at the same time. And selling the truck as a roller with its complete restored interior, complete A/C system, Rebuilt P/S pump, steering box, new lines with cooler. a new rebuilt front end ball joints, some tie rods & all new bushings. Four new tires on stock steel wheels and caps.
A clear title, located in N.E. Florida, would there be some interest? At a fair price?
Should I go ahead and post it in the classified section?

Thank You Ken
Attached Images

“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit.”
― Ronald Reagan
1970pelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 01:40 AM   #2
flashed

Re: Thinking of parting my truck out

I would not part that truck out ,way too nice for that .I would post it for sale on here and on one of the Facebook sale groups . And good luck with your health battle with the big C .I am part of that battle too with the big C but Im beating it and so will you .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 07:08 AM   #3
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
I would not part that truck out ,way too nice for that .I would post it for sale on here and on one of the Facebook sale groups . And good luck with your health battle with the big C .I am part of that battle too with the big C but Im beating it and so will you .
X2 on the truck. I'm doing the big C too. Keep fighting you'll beat it and so will I.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 08:01 AM   #4
TKCR

Sorry to hear this news. But I definitely would not part it out. My parents live in Florida, let me show him (my dad), your pics and I'll see if he's interested. Do you have a price?
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 11:52 AM   #5
1970pelle

I have an issue with the truck. I built this truck to be my last truck, I spared no expense when repowering it. GM crate engine, brand new trans from TCI. And a very long list of parts, 13k worth.
Anyway I have had trouble with the trans at my very first trip up the street. The front pump failed, so its on its seconded unit from TCI. The truck only has 4500 miles on it since everything was replaced and the trans has failed again. Another front pump issue, It doesn't have any fluid pressure, I used the truck the other day. To deliver a motorcycle, using my 5X10 trailer 30 mile round trip. A easy drive and parked it and now it won't move, I did the diagnostic test and found the issue. I just can't afford the cost of repairing.
I don't want to bring my personal issues into all this, I'm in my 3rd time fighting my battle. I have it almost beat again, but I'm tired.
I was asking $9950.00 for the truck before the current break down. I'm glad it happened now than on a new owner, I would have to had given somebody there money back. It has an incredible engine, make all kinds of power and sounds really great.
The trans cost me $2000.00 to buy and set up in the truck. I'm not TCI's happiest customer right now.

Don't eat to much left overs. Ken

“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit.”
― Ronald Reagan
Old 11-25-2017, 01:15 PM   #6
riz

I never call it that..... it gives it too much power....... I prefer the little c.

Good luck, bro!

81 C10 short box

82 K5 Blazer
riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 07:18 PM   #7
1970pelle

Round up the gang to help push old cranky in the garage. I'll know something for sure as I drop the pan and look around. Maybe just maybe a bolt drop out of the valve body, allowing the drop in pressure. I'll take pictures. And I have had time to cool off before talking with TCI. I wouldn't have been very polite if I had contacted over the weekend.

Dr. visit today good report.

Ken

― Ronald Reagan
Old 11-27-2017, 07:27 PM   #8
STOCKISH
Formerly- 1972SuperCheyenne

Keep fighting brother. And good luck with the truck

My Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=799218

A good crossthread is better than Loctite any day.

Life is not about what you have, but who you have to share it with.
STOCKISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 10:29 AM   #9
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

I restored mine same basic truck stripped it down full resto new paint etc over 20K invested ( didn't lower it) tried ebay craigslist hemmings started at 20K went as low as 10K no takers... now I have it listed with gateway classic car sales 30 plus days no takers I think the problems we are having is its a long bed if you figure it out let me know what are you asking by the way?

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 08:41 PM   #10
1970pelle

After the Holiday's I'm going to go ahead and start pulling my truck apart. I'm planning on having a complete roller, ready for someone's drive train. And sell the lowering parts separate.
I'm going to hang onto the engine and trans, my son has shown interest in it.
I'll let you all know when its ready.

Merry Christmas Ken A.

― Ronald Reagan
Old 12-23-2017, 10:44 PM   #11
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

just for S&G I just sold my truck $9750 my net through Gateway Classic Cars... hopefully the new owner will enjoy it

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
Old 12-24-2017, 01:53 PM   #12
1970pelle

Very good. A learning experience for sure.

Ken

― Ronald Reagan
Old 12-25-2017, 10:18 AM   #13
68Timber
I know the pieces fit

Ken, hate to see you tear it apart, I followed the build and really like the truck. I hope you get a good offer before it comes to that.

79 2wd Blazer (Bruiser)
85 M1009 Blazer (Sarge) build
74 Honda Z50 build
68Timber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 01:47 PM   #14
1970pelle

I hate it. But I need to create some cash flow. I have turned in the plates and canceled the insurance.
I'm going to pull the engine and trans, prep them for long term storage. Remove the drop kit, I have it posted here for sale. And I have the truck posted as a roller for sale locally.
I dropped the price to the point of giving it away, and still didn't get a bite. There just isn't any money here in NE. Fl. right now. Folks are just getting by, paying there bills and living pay check to pay check. Its very troubling.
I'm even selling my Jeep, going down to one vehicle. Not asking for pity. Just making adjustment per current situation. I plan on a recovery, on all fronts.

Thanks so very much. Ken

Ken

― Ronald Reagan
Old 02-08-2018, 12:54 PM   #15
1970pelle

Kind of good news and bad. I have sold the truck, and it went complete. The sad is I sold my truck, but I had to.
The truck is headed to Indiana, picked up by auto transport. Headed to south Florida first and its new home by the first of next week. The new owner wanted everything I had for the truck, which I did. I kept every takeoff part,nut & bolt. So there is a complete history there.
I went over it, to make sure I wouldn't have to make any excuses for the truck. It had been Thanksgiving the last time I drove the truck on the road. I have a big empty stall in my garage now.

Under the knife Feb.14th.

Thanks everyone. Ken

― Ronald Reagan
Old 02-08-2018, 02:06 PM   #16
Bloodhound

Best wishes for your health and thanks for the update. Happy to hear it went to a new home in one piece.
Bloodhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 07:34 PM   #17
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Keep in touch, Ken. My wife and I will be thinking good thoughts for you as you have your surgery... My wife is an 11 year cancer survivor,, she was told 6-12 months in 2006 so keep looking forward and kick cancer's ass

I hate cancer!!
Old 02-08-2018, 09:13 PM   #18
Phuloi68

Be Positive. I'm 2-0!!! Kidney C 10 yrs ago and Colon C recently. Wife says my belly looks like a road map. But I'm still kicking...
Would have loved to of got parts of your truck if that is the way it went. But good for you that someone is going to keep it intact. All I really would have liked was the cab.

Take care and good luck.

Indy survivor
Norwood survivor
Big Sandy survivor

for those who fight for it...
F R E E D O M
has a price the protected
will never know.
Phuloi68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 11:18 PM   #19
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970pelle View Post
Kind of good news and bad. I have sold the truck, and it went complete. The sad is I sold my truck, but I had to.
The truck is headed to Indiana, picked up by auto transport. Headed to south Florida first and its new home by the first of next week. The new owner wanted everything I had for the truck, which I did. I kept every takeoff part,nut & bolt. So there is a complete history there.
I went over it, to make sure I wouldn't have to make any excuses for the truck. It had been Thanksgiving the last time I drove the truck on the road. I have a big empty stall in my garage now.

Under the knife Feb.14th.

Thanks everyone. Ken
Hey Ken, keep a stiff upper lip and a good attitude. Best of luck on the surgery and recovery. I'll be thinking of you and you can think of me to help ease your mind that you're not alone. I'm going in on the 17th for a bone marrow/blood transplant. I'll be staying in Stanford for at least three weeks. Again you're not a lone buddy.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:27 PM   #20
Phuloi68

Hey, Good luck to both of you. I just had a colon resection. it was a ***** but things will be good.
This golden years crap .............. Gold for the doctors, hospitals, drug companies....

Hang in there guys.

Indy survivor
Norwood survivor
Big Sandy survivor

for those who fight for it...
F R E E D O M
has a price the protected
will never know.
Phuloi68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 03:58 AM   #21
jkk