The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-08-2017, 05:56 PM   #1
Texasrednecknation

Post Installing a universal fuel return line to a 73 super c10 with a 93 350 small block

Alright guys i want to install this fuel pressure regulator/return line and i dont want to install it wrong. It has 3 openings. It came with fittings and one plug for either the bottom, left or right side. It looks like most fuel regulators 3 openings on the left right and bottom with a psi gauge that screws into the front with the cylinder on the top with a vacuum port on theside of it,and a bolt that you can tighten or loosen im assuming to control the regulation. The bottom opening has a small hole and the left and right side are more open. I will post pictures of it if i can find out how. Im not to tech savvy. I purchased it off a website its no particular brand. It said does not come with instructions for professional installation only. I dont have the money for that. This is my drive around truck and its one of the many steps im taking to fix alot of probems. I have air in my fuel line. The air gets into the carb and shuts my truck off while its running. Its easy 95 degrees always where i live so my truck gets really hot and the gas is evaporating in my line causing vaporlock on my carb when it is running. So im trying to install the fuel return line/regulator To let all the vapor return to my gas tank so it will hopefully help fix that problem. I have a 350 throttle body with a quadrabarrel carb (dont ask i bought it that way) using and external electric fuel pump please help would be much appreciated im trying to do alot to this truck but im in between jobs right now and have a small budget to fix this please and thank you any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by Texasrednecknation; 06-10-2017 at 04:34 PM.
Texasrednecknation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 06:28 PM   #2
mongocanfly
Post Whore

Re: Installing a universal fuel return line to a 73 super c10 with a 93 350 small blo

Say huuuh?...
Never seen one of them quadrabarrel carbs...but at any rate we're gonna need more info than your providing..what brand regulator are you using? It should have come with detailed instructions whatever brand it is...still not sure how that's related to overheating and vaporlocking..I've been confused before but its hard to figure out where your going with this ...also you may get more responses if you post in the engine drivetrain section

Last edited by mongocanfly; 06-08-2017 at 09:41 PM.
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 12:21 AM   #3
kwmech

Re: Installing a universal fuel return line to a 73 super c10 with a 93 350 small blo

Punctuation would help a lot in deciphering that mess along with what you are actually working with
kwmech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 04:21 PM   #4
Texasrednecknation

Alright i edited it. Sorry about the grammar i was in a hurry to type it all and alot of other things please see if you can understand it now and if you need any other information to help me please let me know.
Old 06-10-2017, 05:25 PM   #5
kwmech

With what you are describing, pictures are going to necessary, you cannot have a quadrabarrel carb (whatever that is) and fuel injection at the same time. If everything on the 93 engine is factory, then your are dealing with a throttle body fuel injection system. This does require a return line to the fuel tank. I do not know about Texas emission testing. Is that a requirement for a 1973
kwmech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 06:14 PM   #6
Texasrednecknation

Its not letting me upload pictures and i dont understand how it work either my friend is more of a mechanic and he was baffled. He dosent understand how it worked either but its there if you can private message me i would be glad to discuss a way for me to send pictures of it all so i can have help figuring this out and you can see the fuel injection system with the carb on it. I know its not supposed to work but it does and i meant quadra jet carb if you look up quadrajet it will come up
Old 06-10-2017, 06:38 PM   #7
geezer#99

Make your pics smaller and they'll upload.
geezer#99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 07:06 PM   #8
mongocanfly
Post Whore

Picture posting howto.http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...sting+pictures
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 02:22 PM   #9
dirtyjim

post the manufacture model number and you might get a little more help.
its sounds like your standard efi regulator that's meant to go between fuel rails or on the end of a single fuel rail.
the plug can be used on one of the side ports if using a single fuel rail, the bottom port will be the return. it mounts after the fuel rail
Old 06-20-2017, 12:21 AM   #10
El Dorado Jim

sub'd
El Dorado Jim is offline   Reply With Quote