The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-02-2003, 08:59 PM   #1
Fourtrax

I might have to sell........

Something has come up in my life that might make me have to sell my Blazer. I hate to even think of this but it is a possibility. My question to the board is, What does everybody think would be a fair price?
Attached Images

Fourtrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 09:43 PM   #2
Huck

Prices tend to follow the condition and options. Original rust free is a big plus---so is 350, auto, air and all the cst options. Good drivers tend to start around $1500. and go up from there. Full restorations are priced according to the extend of detial and the quality of the work. Most i've seen were non-professional driver quality and priced around $5,000.+-
I have been looking for a solid driver with original, no rust body. Will probably wind up having to buy one out of california to get what I want.
Hope this helps.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 09:45 PM   #3
1970blazin
Blazerless:-(

Is it rust free? I saw that you rebuilt the motor and it looked nice. I also saw that you have all the original interior which is worth alot. If it is really original and runs good with no rust I would say....probably somewhere around $9000 or so. It is really hard to guess prices on these things without physically looking at them.
I paid $5000 for my CST 70 and it was rusted out in the floorboards, needed minor body work, but had all orig int and brand new GM 4 bolt and new tranny. Just my .02 Good luck to you!
Diane

1970 CST Blazer-Orig. Dark Blue-SOLD

Progress Pics of Blazer for sale
1970blazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 03:46 AM   #4
67-72JUNKY

LIKE TRUCK DO YOU HAVE PRICE YET PLEASE GIVE ME A CHANCE AT IT ....THANKS DAVID
67-72JUNKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 08:54 AM   #5
Fourtrax

As far as I know the truck has all the proper cst package equipment. The only rust I have is under the battery on the clip but nothing too extensive. Thats one of the reasons Im really at odds with having to sell this truck. Im worried I wont be able to get another one in as good of condition for the price I paid.
Old 12-03-2003, 05:12 PM   #6
Mark70Z

The Blazer appears to be really nice. If it's like you said, and there is only that rust mentioned, that is what most people try and find, a good solid truck (At least that is what I would look for...) It's really hard to tell how nice it is unless your actually looking at it, but in the pictures it looks great.

I don't know what you originally paid, and how much money you have in it, but I would try my best to hold on to it. If you can't afford to, then look around on the classic car trader, cars-on-line, Hemmings Motor News, and other such places that have them for sale and see how much they are going for, and how yours compares as far as the shape it's in.

If it looks as good as the pics. show, I would "guesstimate" $8000-$9000, something like that...
Mark70Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 05:17 PM   #7
Fourtrax

Thanks everybody for the input and comments. This situation I have gotten myself in completely sucks and Im going to try my hardest not to sell. I have wanted one of these trucks since I was a kid and I absolutely love this truck, its just the most fun to drive out of any car Ive ever owned. Thanks again
Old 12-03-2003, 09:48 PM   #8
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

i havent heard of it in a while, but they used to advertise a place that would give ya a loan against your car dont know if ya can afford a car payment but it may be a way out not to have to sell it

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 09:49 PM   #9
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

Prices also vary from region to region. From what I have seen, these trucks are a little cheaper in the south than on the west coast. Maybe because what I have seen has had more rust. I paid $4K for my truck. The only rust is in the driver side floor board. It has a mild built 350/TH350 (originally 307 w/ column shift 3 spd.) and the hard & soft top. The seats are not original but the tires & wheels are almost brand new. I think I'd agree with the others that your truck looks like a $6-8K truck, maybe more.
Wife's Ride2014 Fiat 500L
bouncytruck is offline   Reply With Quote