The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-05-2006, 01:34 PM   #1
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Site Wide Yard Sale to benifit a Member

As some of you know James aka BOSS is having some major medical problems. It had not been talked about in detail publicly, until he knew more of what was going on. I know he is still not exactly comfortable with us taking this public, but has agreed to let us. At this point James has a golf ball size tumor in his brain. It is located almost directly between his eyes and is causing his eyesight to deteriorate at a rapid speed. As of now they do believe it is operable, but he is still undergoing tests to find out for sure.

I have been talking with James about this and how it is going to effect him since he found out. This is where we all come in now.. James is a very proud man, and does not ( like most of us) ever ask for help. He is at a point he will need some very soon. He is a self employed contractor and the job he is on ends in a week.

Anyway... basically in a week he will no longer have an income at all. Yes he is working with the Dr's and family, to try and make it through. Yesterday he told me he was thinking of selling off all of his stuff and his truck etc.. His son is trying to get another job to help and so on..

I spoke to Josh, moon, tnblazer and all of the forum staff ( with James permission) about what we could do to help.

this is where we all come in..

in the next few days you will see some new things going on, the details are still being worked out.. but

we have been in touch with some board vendors, and members about helping out, and the replies to date have been fantastic.

At this point we are going to lay the groundwork for a site wide "yard sale". What we will be doing with this is having members who can participate, donate an item (anything from that wall hanging you have in the attic just setting there to parts, to games etc.. pretty much anything legal )

What we need... anyone who wishes to help PM me with the item, if it needs local pickup or is shippable, if you will be covering shipping or if the buyer will be etc. As of now we have a car, tranny, lawnmower and few odds an ends donated to this cause already.

What will happen next... Starting in the beginning of the week, we will start our "yard sale". The posts will be located in the "everything else for sale" area of general discussion.. they will be stickies and titled so you know which are for this. They will run in an "auction" style, running for 5 days each. The lucky "winner" can then paypal (preferred) or snail mail the donation to the address provided. I am unsure if Boss has a paypal account himself yet, so it may go to the site paypal and be sent to James from there ( ie what I mean about all the details being worked out still) I will add in the final details as we get them worked out BEFORE the Yardsale starts.

ALL MONEY RAISED from these ideas will go directly to James, to help him get through this all.

As most of you know, we have all pulled together to help out members in the past... that is what is so wonderful about this group of people I know we can help this time as well. If nothing else say a little prayer for BOSS when your done reading this.

Thank You all in advance,

If you have any questions at all Please post them on http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=198365 so we can answer them all.

Liz

Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 02:03 PM   #2
dennislbrooks

Re: Site Wide Yard Sale to benifit a Member

Will you be accepting direct money donations? And if so how?
dennislbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 03:29 PM   #3
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

yes we will be doing that as well
as soon as we get the paypal info set up I will post the details on that and snail mail
Old 05-13-2006, 12:47 PM   #4
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Hey all,

The sales to benefit BOSS are now underway, please check em on on the everything else for sale board http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...splay.php?f=72

Be sure to check back daily for new items.