The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-13-2011, 09:04 PM   #201
flips72

Re: my 65 fleetside build

came home today and finished drivers side floor. got the kickpanel in and lower a pillar roughed in still have lots of grinding and cleaning to do before the rocker goes on. anyone for pics?? starts with what was cut out and ends with the a pillar.
Attached Images

flips72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:07 PM   #202
flips72

a few more
Attached Images

Old 12-13-2011, 09:46 PM   #203
allaboutchevelles

Heck Yeah!! That looks good!! You been flying on this cab. I wish I could get some time to work on mine. I havent been down to my shop in like 8 days now. Are you going to take the cab off the frame? The inside of your truck looks like It needs no work.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:59 PM   #204
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Looks nice, remeber to fit the door before welding the outer rocker on.
Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:14 PM   #205
McMurphy

Nice and clean work Flips!!

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:10 PM   #206
chad64chevy

nice flips your making great progress! before to long you'll be painting the cab, and frontend, then you'll be driving it again!! you got any other shots of your interior??
chad64chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:56 PM   #207
flips72

Quote:
Originally Posted by allaboutchevelles View Post
Heck Yeah!! That looks good!! You been flying on this cab. I wish I could get some time to work on mine. I havent been down to my shop in like 8 days now. Are you going to take the cab off the frame? The inside of your truck looks like It needs no work.
thanks, definitly bustin my hump, cant wait to get back behind the wheel and drive it again. yes the cab will come off and the interior will be painted red but it should go pretty quick inside. need some ideas on the interior though not sure what to do with the door panels and seat, and the seat is being replaced with a 60/40 91 chevy truck seat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan's Classic View Post
Looks nice, remeber to fit the door before welding the outer rocker on.
thanks alan, and i did that very thing today when i got home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMurphy View Post
Nice and clean work Flips!!
thanks McMurphy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad64chevy View Post
nice flips your making great progress! before to long you'll be painting the cab, and frontend, then you'll be driving it again!! you got any other shots of your interior??
thanks chad, i cant wait to spray something, i bought me a develbiss starting line hvlp off ebay the other day and its killing me not to try it. i will look and see if there is some interior pics in the file if they are i will post them
Old 12-14-2011, 07:04 PM   #208
flips72

came home and fitted the rocker panel, its almost ready to weld in and the cab should be done as far as rust goes. it would be nice to have nos rockers the ones i have just dont fit good as you can see all the bends are round instead of sharp as you can see in the pics. i did figure out how to fix that problem though once i got them tacked in i took my torch and heated them the with the help of a hammer i persuaded them into place.
Attached Images

Old 12-14-2011, 07:08 PM   #209
flips72

oh yeah here is the interior pics for chad
Attached Images

Old 12-14-2011, 10:58 PM   #210
allaboutchevelles

My rockers were the same way flips. I tacked mine into place and took a dull chesel and hammered the corners in nice and tight. Your interior looks like a show truck to me right now. Im like you though, im not much on that gold fawn factory color. Im pretty sure mines going to be painted a medium charcoal gray factory color inside. gray and white seat. If you hurry and get yours done inside with red I can see how it looks just incase I want mine red inside also, Keep up the good work and keep pics coming!! Maybe I can get down to the shop tomorrow. It been fighting a sinus infection and cold and went to doctor today so Ill get back on mine soon.
Old 12-17-2011, 02:31 PM   #211
flips72

Quote:
My rockers were the same way flips. I tacked mine into place and took a dull chesel and hammered the corners in nice and tight. Your interior looks like a show truck to me right now. Im like you though, im not much on that gold fawn factory color. Im pretty sure mines going to be painted a medium charcoal gray factory color inside. gray and white seat. If you hurry and get yours done inside with red I can see how it looks just incase I want mine red inside also, Keep up the good work and keep pics coming!! Maybe I can get down to the shop tomorrow. It been fighting a sinus infection and cold and went to doctor today so Ill get back on mine soon.
yeah aftermarket parts are most definitely lacking in the quality section. thanks for the interior remarks i almost left it alone and just done the outside of the truck but seems to be snowballinghope you get to feeling better seems there is alot of sickness going around.
Old 12-17-2011, 02:39 PM   #212
flips72

got up this morning had a good breakfast and got my cab stripped it is now ready to come off the frame. what is everyone doing with there tank brackets on the bottom, if you take the completely out will it compromise the back of the cab? heres a few pics.
Attached Images

Old 12-17-2011, 02:43 PM   #213
flips72

heres a few more
Attached Images

Old 12-17-2011, 04:49 PM   #214
coulter

great work so far man!!! im glad i found your thread.. it has alot of pics i wasnt wanting to see. the pics of your rocker, door pillar, kick panel repair...i wasnt wondering what that was supposed to look like since mine is all rotted away..lol

bagged 66 longbed build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=449548

my favorite colors.. black, rust, and shiny!!!! instagram: @coulter918
coulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 05:25 PM   #215
allaboutchevelles

Wow, You really are getting a lot done! Are you getting rid of the gas tank in the cab? I hope you post pics of the cab being taken off the frame. Thats a lot of fun, LOL. I got to figure out how to measure, mark and drill my holes in the doors, cab, and bed for the side chrome. I been wondering how that custom cab molding mounts to the side of the cab also, any pics? I want to add that to my truck but I dont have any moldings yet.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:08 PM   #216
flips72

Quote:
Originally Posted by coulter View Post
great work so far man!!! im glad i found your thread.. it has alot of pics i wasnt wanting to see. the pics of your rocker, door pillar, kick panel repair...i wasnt wondering what that was supposed to look like since mine is all rotted away..lol
thanks alot, i was pretty lucky compared to alot of people when it comes to rust.
Quote:
Wow, You really are getting a lot done! Are you getting rid of the gas tank in the cab? I hope you post pics of the cab being taken off the frame. Thats a lot of fun, LOL. I got to figure out how to measure, mark and drill my holes in the doors, cab, and bed for the side chrome. I been wondering how that custom cab molding mounts to the side of the cab also, any pics? I want to add that to my truck but I dont have any moldings yet.
yes i am relocating the tank to the rear just got through patching the hole in my cab where my filler neck came through,i will post some pics later, as far as the custom cab trim goes you can see in the first picture in post 212 there is a black strip of metal on the side of the cab that the chrome slips under then it has three screws on the inner door lip and one in the rear of the cab. the side moulding your on your on, i am sure there is a thread somewhere on here that gives the measurements.
Old 12-17-2011, 08:29 PM   #217
66farmer

Flip
Looking good your getting alot done. As for the in cab gas tank bracket I cut the one on my truck as close to the cab bolt as I could.
Keep up the good work
66farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 09:07 PM   #218
chad64chevy

i did the same as 66farmer! i cut it out as much as i could along the bottom an without cutting the back piece that much! flips the patches look killed almost cant tell if it wasnt for the black and primer, lol! you did a good job on it, the 60/40 bench was the same thing i'm gonna do! seen on craigslist a power driver seat split bench for $150 but no way to get ahold of the guy!
Old 12-17-2011, 10:42 PM   #219
flips72

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66farmer View Post
Flip
Looking good your getting alot done. As for the in cab gas tank bracket I cut the one on my truck as close to the cab bolt as I could.
Keep up the good work
thanks,i appreciate the info on the tank brackets
Quote:
i did the same as 66farmer! i cut it out as much as i could along the bottom an without cutting the back piece that much! flips the patches look killed almost cant tell if it wasnt for the black and primer, lol! you did a good job on it, the 60/40 bench was the same thing i'm gonna do! seen on craigslist a power driver seat split bench for $150 but no way to get ahold of the guy!
thanks chad, what are you going to do about the seat frame, are you going to try and use the one from the factory seat or the one on the 60/40? finished the tank filler hole, as far as the metal work goes anyway,went to a christmas play so i didnt get a chance to take any pics, maybe tomorrow after church i can get one.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:27 AM   #220
chad64chevy

well i got a 88-94 bench seat in it now and i was thinking of using the driver seat frame from it to fix the passenger middle of the 60/40 its shaped different! these seats are pretty much a bolt in! but i still need to find a 60/40 seat thats in good shape! i can get the newer seats for a 1999-200? power seats for $250 for the whole set or $150 for cloth manual seats, the manual seats the middle dont fold down! i already bought two 4 point harness for the driver and passenger but the wife dont want it, so i bought two lap belts for the passenger and middle, i'm keeping the 4 point harness for the driver seat! when i get the big back glass in then i'll have pictures of my interior, as of right now my cab floors are done but the rockers and have sound deadner over it, i just need to buy carpet and odds and ends for the inside to be done! but for right now it is being used as a storage for my parts!! anyways your truck is coming along great, wish i could say the same but i'll get there before to long!!
Old 12-18-2011, 11:12 AM   #221
protrash64
Resistance is Futile

Hey flips, if you're into having loud tunes, I used the brackets to mount some MTX speaker boxes behind the seat. Nice job on the interior reconstruction, by the way.
STRENGTH/DETERMINATION/MERCILESS/FOREVER
.......posted via stationary device
protrash64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 02:14 PM   #222
flips72

Quote:
well i got a 88-94 bench seat in it now and i was thinking of using the driver seat frame from it to fix the passenger middle of the 60/40 its shaped different! these seats are pretty much a bolt in! but i still need to find a 60/40 seat thats in good shape! i can get the newer seats for a 1999-200? power seats for $250 for the whole set or $150 for cloth manual seats, the manual seats the middle dont fold down! i already bought two 4 point harness for the driver and passenger but the wife dont want it, so i bought two lap belts for the passenger and middle, i'm keeping the 4 point harness for the driver seat! when i get the big back glass in then i'll have pictures of my interior, as of right now my cab floors are done but the rockers and have sound deadner over it, i just need to buy carpet and odds and ends for the inside to be done! but for right now it is being used as a storage for my parts!! anyways your truck is coming along great, wish i could say the same but i'll get there before to long!!
i thought about using a later model seat with seatbelts but i have the 60/40 already. thanks for the compliments but your way ahead of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by protrash64 View Post
Hey flips, if you're into having loud tunes, I used the brackets to mount some MTX speaker boxes behind the seat. Nice job on the interior reconstruction, by the way.
my tunes are about as good as they will get, honestly hoping to hide a bottle behind the seat so i can surprise a few of the local mustangs.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:54 PM   #223
McMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by flips72 View Post
my tunes are about as good as they will get, honestly hoping to hide a bottle behind the seat so i can surprise a few of the local mustangs.
Oh...
My...

I cannot wait to see that!

I also cut my lower tank mounts as far back as the bolt heads. In retrospect I wish I had left the upper strap mounts alone as I ended up having to patch the back of my cab wall from the holes I put in it.

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1

Last edited by McMurphy; 12-18-2011 at 04:05 PM. Reason: More to say I guess...
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 02:09 PM   #224
chad64chevy

flips hows the cab coming along? got it painted yet? i thought i would move your thread back to the first page!! lol!!
Old 01-01-2012, 02:04 AM   #225
allaboutchevelles

He must be resting from all the work he has done!!